• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Getting other U/L drivers as PAX

O-Side Uber

Since the car dealerships have started working with lyft, I often get other Rideshare drivers that reveal they work for U/L at some point in the ride . It seems lately I’m getting some strange ones .

Monday I picked up an older black man from a dealership . He was at least 6’4”. I have my front seat jammed forward to keep pax on the back . He tried to get in the front and I gave him the Fonzie thumb to the back. When he opened the back he started complaining about having to sit in the back .

I don’t know if he thought I was giving him the Rosa Parks treatment or what but he was offended. He started boasting that he has been driving Lyft for 4 years and let’s pax sit wherever they like. Suddenly I’m in bad guy!

I told him not to take it personally and I prefer to keep single passengers in the back to minimize wear and tear and make it easy for me to grab the mats.. I then said “how many reasons do you need? “ I then tried to change the subject. I asked how he was doing today? He said he’d be a lot better if I had let him sit in the front.

I calmly offered to drive back to the dealership so he could get another driver .. he declined and we continued . I was able to get him to like me by the end of trip but damn! The balls on that guy.

Yesterday I got another old timer that drove for lyft . He told me that he had to drive some woman’s son and she was concerned about letting him go with a Lyft driver, so he gave her his wallet !!! Drove the kid and then came back for his wallet. I tell ya. No wonder U/L think we’re dumb dumbs.

** no tip from either of these guys. They both said the same thing... “they got you right?” Most dealership drop offs say that crap. These dudes should know better.

Dekero

Maybe you should of just let him sit up front...

Here's a question how many of you Rideshare drivers HAVE EVER gotten in your back seat just to see what the customer experience is... I tried everyone of the cars I was looking at recently and actually the back seat comfort had a lot to do with the purchase....as well as rear air and heat w/controls...

But seriously... It's a 10 minute ride probably and to do Uber Lyft you have to provide 4 seats . Would you make all 4 passengers sit in back? No you would allow someone to sit up front ..I get the it's my car BS but beyond that.... It's about silly to argue over a seat.. especially when they guys a damn lineman for a football team... You didn't deserve a tip 😂 😂 😂 I sure wouldn't have given you one. Except to be more accommodating in the future to your passengers who are paying you.

Sorry.. don't agree with you on this one...

O-Side Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here's a question how many of you Rideshare drivers HAVE EVER gotten in your back seat just to see what the customer experience is... I tried everyone of the cars I was looking at recently and actually the back seat comfort had a lot to do with the purchase....as well as rear air and heat w/controls...

But seriously... It's a 10 minute ride probably and to do Uber Lyft you have to provide 4 seats . Would you make all 4 passengers sit in back? No you would allow someone to sit up front ..I get the it's my car BS but beyond that.... It's about silly to argue over a seat.. especially when they guys a damn lineman for a football team... You didn't deserve a tip 😂 😂 😂 I sure wouldn't have given you one. Except to be more accommodating in the future to your passengers who are paying you.

I drive a Nissan Rogue . The back has a TON of room. In fact yesterday I had a pax complain that there was TOO MUCH room and she felt “lost” ? She requested I push the seat back closer to her. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

And I would’ve one starred your cheap stuck up ass! How long have you been driving for U/L?

Invisible

I’ve picked up several drivers before, too. But they were all normal. One driver was really cool, and he tipped me $3 for a short ride. They all sat in the back. But I think it’s different because I’m not a man.

Sometimes pax start to grab the front pax door. But then they look at me like a deer in headlights for a second and go for the back. Maybe because I look like a goblin. I don’t know.

But there’s always some guys who just sit up front and don’t ask. I have no problem with it, unless they’re kind of creepy. Only a few guys did I say I’d feel more comfortable if they’d sit in the back. They did with no incident.

It’s not worth it to argue with pax, especially over where they sit. And I definitely wouldn’t argue with a driver. They’d especially know how to get you deactivated.

Dekero

I drive a Nissan Rogue . The back has a TON of room. In fact yesterday I had a pax complain that there was TOO MUCH room and she felt “lost” ? She requested I push the seat back closer to her. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

And I would’ve one starred your cheap stuck up ass! How long have you been driving for U/L?
Going on 2 years.... And your roomy back seat is meaningless toward a tip cuz he wanted to sit up front.... Your loss... Idve gotten a fiver for sure... Maybe even 10...🤣🤣🤣

OculusDrift

I don't see the issue here. You're supposed to provide 4 seats so why not let the guy sit where he wants to?

It happened to me before as a Lyft rider; driver intentionally put stuff on his front seat to prevent me from sitting in front. Another time, driver told me to get in the back. It's so annoying.

Christinebitg

I told him not to take it personally and I prefer to keep single passengers in the back to minimize wear and tear and make it easy for me to grab the mats
Which of course he knew was complete BS.

Look, I get that you don't want people to ride in the front seat. I don't know why, but I know that some drivers have a preference for that.

I have a preference too, but it's to have people up front, instead of in the back. They can sit wherever they want in my car, though.

Last edited:

Gtown Driver

Since the car dealerships have started working with lyft, I often get other Rideshare drivers that reveal they work for U/L at some point in the ride . It seems lately I’m getting some strange ones .

Monday I picked up an older black man from a dealership . He was at least 6’4”. I have my front seat jammed forward to keep pax on the back . He tried to get in the front and I gave him the Fonzie thumb to the back. When he opened the back he started complaining about having to sit in the back .

I don’t know if he thought I was giving him the Rosa Parks treatment or what but he was offended. He started boasting that he has been driving Lyft for 4 years and let’s pax sit wherever they like. Suddenly I’m in bad guy!

I told him not to take it personally and I prefer to keep single passengers in the back to minimize wear and tear and make it easy for me to grab the mats.. I then said “how many reasons do you need? “ I then tried to change the subject. I asked how he was doing today? He said he’d be a lot better if I had let him sit in the front.

I calmly offered to drive back to the dealership so he could get another driver .. he declined and we continued . I was able to get him to like me by the end of trip but damn! The balls on that guy.

Yesterday I got another old timer that drove for lyft . He told me that he had to drive some woman’s son and she was concerned about letting him go with a Lyft driver, so he gave her his wallet !!! Drove the kid and then came back for his wallet. I tell ya. No wonder U/L think we’re dumb dumbs.

** no tip from either of these guys. They both said the same thing... “they got you right?” Most dealership drop offs say that crap. These dudes should know better.

This situation explains how many ants out there just bend over and let him sit in the front when they dont have to. Thats what creates the entitlement from him that you're forced to deal with. The same as the ants that accept kids with no car seats and fake service/emotional pets.

Although it also makes sense that a 6 foot 4 dude would prefer to sit in the front. Can do the seat adjustment for himself and if hes outgoing then he gets to talk until the ride is over

Dekero

I prefer a lone pax to sit up front. The worst is when they sit directly behind you. A lot of women riding by themselves do this probably because they get stared at by creepy drivers but it drives me nuts.
Ok I will agree that I actively ask riders not to sit directly behind me... But it's because I'm long legged and have the seat all the way back... It's in their best interest to sit on the other side or up front if they want to be comfy. But if they insist.... Well I let them be miserable... I tried...

lyft_rat

You, the driver were a turd in this case. Give the tall guy a break.

Fat Man

I am a hypocrite. I will drive for goober but will only ride when absolutely necessary! Such as going to the airport or from the airport. I ALWAYS insist on riding up front because it isn't safe in the back seat with child proof locks and all. Can't get out if something goes bad on the ride. Why would I say that you ask? Because I haven't met a goober/lyft driver that wasn't creepy as shit! I am sure I come across the same way with my hoodie, shorts and flip flops. Just a fact. The few times I have ridden the last year they were all full time drivers, barley spoke English, shitty drivers, and yes creepy as @@@@! And some were women! Let the guy sit up front next time.

Mkang14

I normally have my passenger seat pulled forward in my Suv. But if they really want to sit up front that's fine. Some people feel nautious in back 🤮 🤷‍♀️

My drivers seat is also pulled forward and propped up. I dont like to slotch when I drive. So the back is very spacious.

New2This

I HATE people sitting up front if they don't talk.

Haven't had many that insisted. Had one that went from Arlington to Fredericksburg (close to an hour trip). He wanted to sit up front allegedly because of a bad back.

Fornicator gets in, kicks the seat back, pulls out headphones and watched videos the whole trip.

Very rare a single female will sit up front.

I've been using Uber a few times as a rider this week on travel. I'm 6'5" 245 lbs. I take the backseat passenger side every time.

I do what @Dekero says as a driver. I have the seat all the way back and flat out tell them to not sit behind me if they're solo.

Fat Man

:thumbup:
I normally have my passenger seat pulled forward in my Suv. But if they really want to sit up front that's fine. Some people feel nautious in back 🤮 🤷‍♀️

My drivers seat is also pulled forward and propped up. I dont like to slotch when I drive. So the back is very spacious.
I drive a SUV that has the 2 captains chairs in second row and a small third row. It is hilarious to watch drunk people try to get into the third row! Very entertaining indeed! I always want them to sit in front with me so they can interact with the fat man! Who doesn't enjoy a funny fat man that is creepy as shit? :thumbdown:

mch

I HATE people sitting up front if they don't talk.

Haven't had many that insisted. Had one that went from Arlington to Fredericksburg (close to an hour trip). He wanted to sit up front allegedly because of a bad back.

Fornicator gets in, kicks the seat back, pulls out headphones and watched videos the whole trip.

Very rare a single female will sit up front.

I've been using Uber a few times as a rider this week on travel. I'm 6'5" 245 lbs. I take the backseat passenger side every time.

I do what @Dekero says as a driver. I have the seat all the way back and flat out tell them to not sit behind me if they're solo.
One of the most challenging rides I've given was when I got pulled up to North Jersey. I stuck around and picked up this slammin puerto rican girl who was wearing painted on leather pants and some type of I don't know what as a top. I'm pretty sure she had top and bottom enhancement done. She sat up front and it was distracting trying to drive while telling myself the whole time "don't look, don't look, don't look"

Fat Man

One of the most challenging rides I've given was when I got pulled up to North Jersey. I stuck around and picked up this slammin puerto rican girl who was wearing painted on leather pants and some type of I don't know what as a top. I'm pretty sure she had top and bottom enhancement done. She sat up front and it was distracting trying to drive while telling myself the whole time "don't look, don't look, don't look"
That's what I am talking about bro! I would have asked her if she wanted to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas! :sneaky:

• Funny
Reactions: mch