Getting non cash tips.

Jim A

So I've been at this Uber driver thing for about 2 weeks. In that time, I had someone ask about tipping via debit/credit card since he didn't have any cash on him. I had to apologize that I didn't have any way of doing so.

So today, I looked into how to get it done. Looks like there's 2 easy (and free) ways of receiving tips via credit/debit card. Google Wallet and Popmoney (major banks are allowing it, as well as some of the smaller ones).

Anyone using either to get tips??

Pulski

Not sure what Uber's policy would be on this, but I wouldn't, personally. As a passenger, I would feel very uneasy using my card directly in a stranger's car.

tohunt4me

So I've been at this Uber driver thing for about 2 weeks. In that time, I had someone ask about tipping via debit/credit card since he didn't have any cash on him. I had to apologize that I didn't have any way of doing so.

So today, I looked into how to get it done. Looks like there's 2 easy (and free) ways of receiving tips via credit/debit card. Google Wallet and Popmoney (major banks are allowing it, as well as some of the smaller ones).

Anyone using either to get tips??
Be sure any method is safe !

Last thing we need is someone's card getting drained !

uberisti

you can always look into square which takes credit cards and apple pay. Comes with a module where they just tap their phone on it and they get charged for the amount they want to tip.

Jim A

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got the Square reader since it was free. Haven't had any requests since. Still a good idea to have just in case.