Uber Drivers Forum banner

Getting increased ride request from minors.

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  BigPapa56 
#1 ·
Since school started back i have been getting increased ride request from minors. the liability of this is enough to make me refuse the ride. please protect yourself and if there's any question about it, check the state ID of the rider

#2 ·
I guess the assumption, that a kid with an Uber account, has a bank account attached to his cc connected to their account, would surely have to be legal? That kind of plausible deniability doesn't pass a float test?

What is crazy to me, 6 months ago If I had kids I would have made sure they had the app, being able to tell a kid to take a safe drive home with a Lyft rather than with someone their age who might have been partying harder? That whole concept would have given me peace of mind (at least a better driver on the app vs some kid in their parents 350 pickup.)

I'm going to assume asking a minor to call a family member so you could confirm you're driving them to X place wouldn't suffice?

#3 ·
Requests from underage riders
A rider must be at least 18 years of age to have an Uber account and request rides. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older on any ride.

As a driver-partner, you should decline the ride request if you believe the person requesting the ride is under 18. When picking up riders, if you feel they are underage, you may request they provide a driver's license or ID card for confirmation. If a rider is underage, please do not start the trip or allow them to ride.
https://help.uber.com/partners/arti...-?nodeId=43b84de6-758b-489e-b088-7ee69c749ccd

I'm going to assume asking a minor to call a family member so you could confirm you're driving them to X place wouldn't suffice?
no

#10 ·
got a minor request last night off Augusta rd it was a lyft explained to her no one allowed to ride under 18 unless someone over 18 rides and said she didn't know um read terms of service
on the other note of drivers last few weeks have been slow on Fridays and busy Thursday and Saturdays i have made 100 something one Sunday stacked rides and yes greenville is flooded with drivers

#12 ·
The insurance coverage is supposedly non existent for a minor in your car as a passenger if you get into an accident. Or so I have been told. I have decided to never take these with one exception after much deliberation.
1) Always cancel and give the reason: underage passenger with out an adult.!!!!!
2) Exception: Dark and dangerous area.

I have decided that if it was my kid, I would not want them to be left in a dangerous or secluded area in the dark. My Dashcam will record the whole ride and it will be saved for a month or so.

If it is around school start or end, and I get a 15 minute to pickup or something out of my way... I call ahead to ensure there is an adult in the car.

If you do not cancel and choose Minor with out adult... you are just setting everyone up for more headaches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.