Getting gas

Brocktoon

I'm wondering at what point most drivers refill their tanks.

If I was driving for myself. If wait until the light went on, but if I got a long ride, I'd hate to need to stop.

Thanks for the advice

SEAL Team 5

If I was driving for myself. If wait until the light went on, but if I got a long ride, I'd hate to need to stop.

Thanks for the advice
To save your fuel pump, never go below a 1/4. Most fuel pumps are internal and need to be constantly emersed in fuel to keep cool. Constant accelerating and stopping on a low tank will cause voids in your tank due to the empty space and expose your fuel pump. Also all the sediments in fuel sink to the bottom and you don't want to be sucking up crap from the bottom of your tank.

Oscar Levant

Thanks for the advice
At the end of every shift ( most shifts I use about a half tank per shift, sometimes 3/4 on a busy night ). That way, you have a full tank when you start the next day ( or night ).

Another Uber Driver

At the end of every shift ( most shifts I use about a half tank per shift, sometimes 3/4 on a busy night ). That way, you have a full tank when you start the next day ( or night ).
^^^^^^^^........old cab driver habit...........^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That stated, on a busy night, if it does get close to one-quarter, I will stop at the first opportunity.