Getting dinged for fraudulent riders?

Nana2Aubree

I told myself I would NOT do the 1-3am because that's when the trouble starts. Well, I was on vacation last week and did it Saturday night. I had already had one fraudulent rider early in the evening, then I had three in a row after 1am. In addition, I got stuck in traffic trying to get to a fare at PNC; the whole North Side was jammed up after the game ended, and the customer canceled right when I got there. I was booted out for ten minutes, went back on, tried to accept the next ride, and couldn't get around the traffic jam; customer canceled. Now I've been notified that my rating is below average for last week. Are they seriously dinging me for things that are beyond my control?

MikesUber

I told myself I would NOT do the 1-3am because that's when the trouble starts. Well, I was on vacation last week and did it Saturday night. I had already had one fraudulent rider early in the evening, then I had three in a row after 1am. In addition, I got stuck in traffic trying to get to a fare at PNC; the whole North Side was jammed up after the game ended, and the customer canceled right when I got there. I was booted out for ten minutes, went back on, tried to accept the next ride, and couldn't get around the traffic jam; customer canceled. Now I've been notified that my rating is below average for last week. Are they seriously dinging me for things that are beyond my control?
What do you mean fraudulent rider? Do you mean a request that was made with no intent on keeping the booking?

Picking up at Heinz Field, Stage AE or PNC Park during large events is crazy, you need to call or text the passenger before you even move to ask if it's okay for them to wait a bit as you're stuck in traffic. Better yet if you ask them to meet you at a less congested area away from the action. You'll only get timed out of the system if you ignore 3 pings in a row, if the passenger cancels you won't get timed out.

Ratings aren't real time, someone may have rated you from a past trip, no clue on who it was. Cancelled rides cannot rate you so it wasn't the passengers from North Shore. As for ratings I wouldn't worry about it as long as your car is clean, you drive safely and you get them to their destination as directed. Your customer service must be adequate as well and should you smoke I advise no smoking in the car.

MasterKNinja

North Shore after major events = gridlock. They close down roads & yup there are some locations you can't get to. Uptown after the Penguins too.

You also get a cancellation fee if they cancel after 5 minutes. In fact I try not to arrive too fast. I know if I'm nearby a popular bar & arrive too fast, like in a minute or two, they often cancel. Better to arrive after the 5 minute mark where if they do cancel, you get the fee.

Last edited:

Nana2Aubree

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The first one, when I called him, said, "My friend is on crack. I'm breaking up with you," and hung up. Direct quote. The second just kept hanging up on me when I tried to confirm his location (all it said was Smithfield St. Bridge). Then I got voice mail. What was I supposed to do with that? The last two were almost identical to #2.

MasterKNinja

Whenever someone doesn't pick up, hangs up, plays games, or doesn't come out within 5 minutes, I make sure they get hit with a $5 no show fee. Set a 5 minute timer, make sure your near the pin & cancel as driver no show. They need to be spanked for wasting your time.

MikesUber

The first one, when I called him, said, "My friend is on crack. I'm breaking up with you," and hung up. Direct quote. The second just kept hanging up on me when I tried to confirm his location (all it said was Smithfield St. Bridge). Then I got voice mail. What was I supposed to do with that? The last two were almost identical to #2.
Exactly what MasterKNinja said, they play any of those games and you wait 5 minutes cancel and get the $5.00 fee. I don't like to call unless it's 2.5x+ and I'm trying to get multiple surge fares within the hour.