• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Getting Account Ready...

pulltab01

Trying to log on to the Driver App and getting "Getting Account Ready"... We'll let you know when you can take trips..."

Anybody else having this same issue?

pulltab01

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
UPDATE: Called dispatch, and they tell me that EVERYONE in California is going to go through a "yearly background check"... and the process to reinstate you could take up to 5 DAYS.... !

I explained that it would have been nice to have been notified in advance so I could have made other plans.....

I got on in October, but the lady said that they don't wait until your start date....

pulltab01

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Went to Greenlight anyways.... Agent said maybe 5-7 DAYS before security clearance. They are also, starting later this year, do a 45 day background screening before the yearly check is needed to eliminate any time off.....

RockinEZ

The app is working fine for me.
I did go through a series of background checks last month when their system broke.

Cutting drivers off for 5-7 days would sure screw up completing the $190 Quest.

Poopy54

Wow if your an established driver and they glitch and take you off the road for a week because of their screw up, I would certainly call for a weeks worth of your avg pay to be reimbursed.

Revolution2k8

I'm experiencing that problem still.. They keep telling me that I need to consent thru the app because they never got the consent but I did on the app and now it no longer gives me the option.. Support is not helping me.. Keeps telling me to consent background.. But it's not longer an option on the the app.. All it says is getting account ready and I can't login

Null

I'm experiencing that problem still.. They keep telling me that I need to consent thru the app because they never got the consent but I did on the app and now it no longer gives me the option.. Support is not helping me.. Keeps telling me to consent background.. But it's not longer an option on the the app.. All it says is getting account ready and I can't login
Good luck. I went through this for almost a month with CheckR. I ended up having to talk to a supervisor at CheckR and they expedited the fix.

Someone fell asleep on the job.

Null

I did change my address on my license to my new address. I'm still waiting on ID Could that be a trigger?
Who knows. A fly fart is enough to upset anything to do with Uber or the companies it partners with.

Checks are usually based on SSN/DL number or other things that follow you regardless of address. My vote is unlikely, but you never know.

Don't swim in pools

I did change my address on my license to my new address. I'm still waiting on ID Could that be a trigger?
What Null said. Addresses change all the time. Cops are the only ones that care about that if you dont have change of address card. It's highly unlikely that's the reason. But who really knows. Uber does whatever it wants cuz there is no oversight for gig economy yet.

kevin92009

UPDATE: Called dispatch, and they tell me that EVERYONE in California is going to go through a "yearly background check"... and the process to reinstate you could take up to 5 DAYS.... !

I explained that it would have been nice to have been notified in advance so I could have made other plans.....

I got on in October, but the lady said that they don't wait until your start date....
so much hassles for such low wages ?

Transportador

I wonder if they do the same level of BG check if you just want to do Eats...

Seems like Amazon Flex is not that picky.