1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Get yourself some gloves!

Discussion in 'Advice' started by SlowBoat, Sep 10, 2015.

1. If you're going to be handling wheelchairs and walkers, buy yourself latex gloves. Especially people coming from hospitals, nursing homes, and doctors appointments. A lot of wheelchairs are very dirty and could be carrying diseases. Be smart guys and stay safe.

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  2. UberMeansSuper

UberMeansSuper

Driving:
    UberX
    They're like condoms for your fingers!

3. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    The bathroom that you used at local McDonald's, has more germs then a person coming out of a hospital.

While you at it, wear a Level 4 MOPP suit. Youll get 5 stars and $100 tips.

AFD-090429-084.jpg

KeJorn likes this.
  4. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
  5. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    If you're concerned just carry sanitizer. I have it in center console. Pax can use it too. If they think their hands need sanitizing I'm happy to pay for that. Better than their germs everywhere. But those wheelchairs are probably cleaner than 99% of cell phones.

BTW do you use a paper towel to open the door when you leave a public restroom? I did a microbiology project in college where we picked a room and swabbed different areas. I picked the bathroom at my school and literally picked up pubic hairs from the toilet. Those samples were cleaner than the door handles leading out. The sheer quantity of bacteria and the variety that were on the door was terrifying.

I'm now (many years later) still a bit anal about cleaning the door handles in my house and car. The memory of all those stinky petri dishes haunts me.

Someone else did money and other items. Money is definitely "filthy lucre". Keys are full of pooh too. This was pre cell phones but they are full of bugs. (How many of you play with your phone on the toilet? Guess what, so do other people. Do you wash your phone afterwards like you do your hands or do you put your phone on the counter, wash your hands, then pick up your phone? Or put it in your pocket, wash hands, take out phone? BTW the sink handles are also filthy as is the counter. The toilets may be the cleanest spot in the room.)

I work in the TX medical center and at least in my building the janitors are taught to clean doors and handles. Someone else must have done the same projectI did. I still use a paper towel though...

6. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
  7. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    http://www.webmd.com/parenting/d2n-stopping-germs-12/kids-and-dirt-germs

I dont have a single allergy or reaction to anything because i grew up on the farm. Instead, i require a double dose of local anesthetic or triple aspirin intake for it to take full effect.
    Morphine does nothing for me. I tell doctors that im allergic to Morphine, just so they dont inject me with it. Instead, i tell doctors to give me a horse size Aspirin.

Laughing gas at the dentist office; ...dog farts have more effect on me. And i like the smell for cow ****, brings back the happy memories of my childhood.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  8. UberLou

UberLou

Driving:
    UberX
    So what do you do once you place the dirty items into your vehicle and the germs become airborne and get all over your seats? I understand where you are coming from but gloves aren't going to protect you from getting sick.

9. Jam Val

Jam Val

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks for this thread. I've now barfed up my lunch, bathed my car in bleach and decided to never leave my house again without a hazmat suit.

ATX 22, SlowBoat and Jvc21 like this.