1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

GET TIPS Electronically & Easily Using The DriverTipper TIPPING APP!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by DriverTipper.com, Jan 4, 2017.

1. DriverTipper.com

DriverTipper.com New Member Sponsor

Uber doesn't include a tipping feature on their App, which results in each Uber driver losing hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year from lost tips. We built a workaround for this.

DriverTipper is a combination App & Tablet combo that lets riders tip drivers easily & electronically. It also tactfully lets riders know that tipping is allowed, in addition to providing a simple & fast way to tip.

The average Uber driver loses between $100-$300 per month from lost tips. Over 12 months, that adds up to an incredible loss of $1200-$3600 per year. That's a LOT of money! And DriverTipper will get that money back for you.

You can get the full details and order your DriverTipper system at www.DriverTipper.com.

You can also see a quick video overview of DriverTipper at:

SibeRescueBrian and uzurper like this.
  2. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What we need is a seamless transaction like Lyft

This looks like it might get stolen in about 10 rides

LadyDi and thepanttherlady like this.
  3. DriverTipper.com

As an Uber driver, I agree that seamless tipping would be ideal. Unfortunately for all of us, Uber has been adamant about never creating a seamless tipping transaction. That is why we created DriverTipper.

As you are aware, all riders are identified and their credit card information is on file. Riders could do vandalism to your personal vehicle, steal the DriverTipper tablet, or engage in many other criminal acts. But riders very rarely engage in criminal behavior. And their identity is known in advance, making it virtually impossible to get away with any criminal activity.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    SibeRescueBrian likes this.
  4. uzurper

uzurper New Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Interesting concept! I'm guessing DriverTipper is not available in Canada...

5. chris1966

chris1966 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    What type of warranty is offered on the tablet? Would hate to make the purchase only to have the tablet go out in a month.

6. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

$10 per month for the card reader?

7. HotRodriguez75

HotRodriguez75 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    $10 per month for the software pretty much.

8. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

Yeah seems expensive considering other options.

CvilleUber likes this.
  9. DrivingZiggy

DrivingZiggy Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nice mullet, bruh.

CvilleUber and Undermensch like this.
  10. UberwithDan

UberwithDan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    or you can just get a square reader...

11. DriverTipper.com

We're offering a year warranty on all DriverTipper products.

12. DriverTipper.com

Hi Everyone. To clarify: DriverTipper does not charge $10/month. The video was made some time ago when the system was still in development, and we failed to edit out those few seconds of video. You only pay DriverTipper for the system, then you own the system with no ongoing fees to us. We're currently updating the video to reflect this.

You do need a Square account for processing the card transactions, and Square takes their 2.75% per transaction. None of that goes to DriverTipper.

13. DriverTipper.com

Actually, you don't just need a Square reader, but also a tablet to put it in, plus a tablet holder, plus a charger for the tablet, plus a sign to notify riders that they can tip -- which would cost you as much or more than the DriverTipper package, and wouldn't have the DriverTipper software, either.

That is, unless you wanted to let riders handle your personal smartphone, which would be awkward, and which virtually no driver would want to do.

14. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

So if I already have a square reader I can buy the tablet and app for $88 and that's all you make off me? No other fees to you?

Does the app work with the chip reader?

15. DriverTipper.com

Yes, DriverTipper is available for Canada! We'll be sure to set you up with cardreader that works with Canadian currency.

uzurper likes this.
  16. DriverTipper.com

Yes, that's correct. No other fees except the original $88 for the DriverTipper tablet & app. (Though Square will charge 2.75% per transaction, of course. But none of that goes to DriverTipper.)

17. DriverTipper.com

Yes it does.

18. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

Not a big deal on square fees. Square 2.75 vs PayPal 2.70

I might have to give your system a try.

19. Rufusruffington

Rufusruffington New Member

Can I use my own tablet? I already have one back there for riders

20. TechBill

TechBill Active Member

I think you will make more money if you sell just the app in the app store. No inventory to store and less overhead cost

Bill

Buber2005 likes this.