1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Get ready for the Golden Girl's

Discussion in 'News' started by jgiun1, Mar 7, 2018.

1. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

2. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    "For physicians, ride hailing represents a more efficient and cheaper option to taxis and shuttles, but notably not ambulances. Making sure patients make appointments is good for their well-being but it also saves hospitals money and improves their ratings,"

So now we're subsidizing doctors and hospitals, too. Funny they think it's not including ambulances...

"Cities are just starting to understand the overall impact of the boom in ride sharing as a mobility alternative.

For example, the low price of rides mean consumers opt for a short Uber or Lyft ride instead of walking or taking the bus, thereby clogging urban streets with cars and cutting into public transportation use."

Duh. How did they not see that coming? I can only hope the riders who take all these short trips have heart attacks down the road.

tohunt4me and jgiun1 like this.
  3. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

I'm totally sticking to nights now... My car will never witness the go go grandparent or this mess

RedANT and tohunt4me like this.
  4. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The good thing about old people is most of them tip. And they're usually ready. But this won't be about old people, it will be Medicaid folks with 3 kids and no car seats. I bet the doctors don't think about that.

RedANT, tohunt4me, Cigars and 3 others like this.
  5. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Well-Known Member

6. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    You're exactly correct. It will be all former bus patrons on gov't handouts with their sick infectious bodies getting into your vehicle for pennies a mile.

Lowestformofwit, jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.
  7. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI

No, but it will witness another kind of mess................at least to read what half the posters to these boards put up here, it will.........................

jgiun1 likes this.
  8. transporter007

transporter007 Well-Known Member

Rather have an afternoon geriatric passenger than an evening inebriated teenager who is a risk of vomiting in my nice clean car

jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.

9. 7Miles

7Miles Well-Known Member

Wishful thinking.
    Its called Uber HEALTH . You will get sick people . Yes, some of them old but mostly sick.
    I got sick from a pax last year. Could not work for more than a week. It’s good to help sick people IF you have sick pay available from another employer. Uber just wants you to drive sick peoples around and if you catch something, oh well.

10. jester121

jester121 Well-Known Member

No it isn't not, unless that employer is a hospital and you have the initials "M.D." after your name. Doctors help sick people. We're drivers. In our personal cars. With zero training as health care workers. F- that noise.

jgiun1 and 7Miles like this.
  11. transporter007

transporter007 Well-Known Member

You have Gerontophobia

Gerontophobia is the fear of growing old, or a hatred or fear of the elderly. The term comes from the Greek γέρων – gerōn, "old man"[1] and φόβος – phobos, "fear".
    Discriminatory aspects of ageism have been strongly linked to gerontophobia.

SAD

Maybe a way of thinning the uber Lyft driving herd of scardy-cats and weak immune system types.
    More riders and $$$ For Me

jgiun1, tohunt4me and jester121 like this.
  12. 7Miles

7Miles Well-Known Member

I have no problem transporting old people. It’s not even an issue. Never has been.
    Problem is Uber wants me to transport SICK people. I am against it.
    Yes, routine visits probably will be the majority of them but statistically if I am long enough around sick people, I will have much higher chance to catch something. For $3 fare !
    One of my relatives works as a nurse. Always with sick prople. But he’s got all necessary shots done once a year and gets paid $500 each shift he works . Plus that’s what he wanted to do to begin with.

Uber Crack and tohunt4me like this.
  13. unPat

unPat Well-Known Member

They keep signing these deals that will net them millions of dollars and drivers still need to pay $2500 deductible. Lyft is a really a ****ty company than Uber.

7Miles, jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.
  14. just_me

just_me Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Hold on there. It's the doctors who will be calling the rides, not the older people. The doctors won't going to be tipping any of us through their desktop app. They'll be too busy trying to save money. That's why they've chosen Uber and Lyft over shuttles and taxis - to save money.

Agreed. Wait for the doctors to send automatic messages to us giving us the patient's phone number in case we need to contact them. And, wait for the doctors to leave it to us to fill in the destination information. It's already happened to me with some of these third party companies. They don't want act as a go between between the driver and the rider, and apparently they won't enter the destination either - it's either too much of a hassle for them or the Uber and Lyft desk top applications don't require it. Doctors will be no different.

Plus, neither Uber's or Lyft's masking technology supports third party - meaning, our phone numbers will be given out all over town if you start contacting these folks for what ever reason. No privacy with third parties - which is a nice feature with Uber and Lyft.

jgiun1 likes this.
  15. RedANT

RedANT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Tell me about it. Today I reviewed my Lyft customer ratings/feedback. One passenger hit my rating because "You should help your disabled passengers rather than just sit in the car."

FFS let me guess, they didn't see my cane in the trunk next to their bag, or the disabled placard in the window? They're more mobile than I am, but they expect me to drag their asses around and not get tipped because they're disabled. *sigh*

jgiun1 likes this.
  16. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

In ready to just stop all hospital trips all together...the last trip I went to Mcgee women's hospital emergency was a witch young lady at 9PM at night, whom took something that went wrong in her life out on me.

The ride was flawless, she never spoke whole trip, mean as hell....1 star, safety violation.

My car will drop off for hospital, but will never pick one person up ever again from one, worker/patient.

7Miles and GT500KR like this.

17. Lowestformofwit

Lowestformofwit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
  18. 7Miles

7Miles Well-Known Member

I ignore hospital pick ups because nothing good can come out out of there.
    You can’t say “ How is your day going?” or How are you today to someone who’s child or spouse is dying . It’s always something sad.
    However nurses usually are well paid and can afford to live away from hospital, so nurses usually provide good rides.

unPat likes this.
  19. Lowestformofwit

Lowestformofwit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Damn straight!
    That’s why I married one.:rolleyes:
    On an unrelated note, she’s a good driver too.

20. KevinH

KevinH Well-Known Member

Is this service being offered in California? It would seem that these arrangements fall outside of their TNC permit.
    1. Prearranged, not immediate hailed.
    2. No cellphone used to place order.
    3. Ordered by third party
    This would fit California's definition of Charter Party Carrier (TCP) service, not the definition of TNC service.