• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Get ready for another flood of new drivers in Jax.

MrsUberJax

Team Uber is coming to Town Again... the 25th to be exact. We all know what this means... tons and tons of new drivers will be flooding the streets of Jax. I get it, when there are big events Uber wants every passenger to get a ride, every time they request a ride, as soon as they request the ride. It makes sense. What doesn't make sense is how they expect all those drivers to make a living once the "big" events are over and the huge crowds go home. Why they can not do a better job of maintaining a balance of riders and drivers I just don't understand. Someone at Uber/Florida is panicking because the Jaguar games are starting and school is back in session.

This approach to fleet management can only flourish with a part time fleet. Its not to hard to predict that most available part time drivers will come out to drive when the big events are on the schedule. Daily demand is not much harder to predict, especially with Uber's real time demand mapping.

Uber achieves its maximum earning potential when special events come to town & they flood the streets with drivers. Every rider gets a ride home and Uber collects its safe ride fee and it's commission from every ride.

Historically drivers earn significantly more during special events, but there is a cap on every drivers income - there are only so many riders - and when more drivers hit the road for these events, the earnings from these events is spread out amongst all the drivers on the road.

With another flood of drivers being dumped into Jax, I predict that the demand for rides will be greater in overall Jacksonville, but insufficient to keep all drivers busy, resulting in a drop in individual driver's earnings.

Good Luck out there.

HeyJoe

He means they will be staying at the Omni and taking appointments and walk ins and signing up new drivers. X will be over saturated

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
What do you mean they're coming to town?
She means....

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Uber's boss is coming to town

He's making a list
And checking it twice;
He's deactivating
who's not being nice

He sees you when you're off line
He knows when you've been pinged
He knows that you've been a bad driver
So your good fares will get dinged!

You better watch out!
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why

RunningSpot

I'm going to be one less driver on the road if that helps.
As an early 30's, reasonably attractive female driving a high end SUV it just wasn't worth it after gas. I guess the final straw was over $30 missing from my pay. I know that's not a lot, but that's half a tank of gas and it was mine.

I leave with a 4.95 after over 60 riders rated me 5, with two rides rating me a 1 star. One was a huge surge (why he requested an XL on a surge I don't know) , the other a group of 20 somethings who pulled me from 14 miles away to go 4blocks. I forgot to start the ride, an honest mistake on my 3rd day, and started and ended after the ride still in the parking lot.

I actually really do like Uber. I liked the people I met. If I received any XL requests it would deffinetly be worth it to drive.
But the only way to get a ping is X, and that is unquestionably a loosing proposition in a large SUV.

Then there was getting a ping, and stupidly driving to moncreif and 33rd.
I heard a GUNSHOT waiting at a light .5 miles from the dropped pin. I cancelled. The next day a man was shot in the stomach 2 blocks from my intended pickup.

I hope they are able to hire more females. Every single female passenger remarked how they felt safe and thought it was great to have a female driver. Even got flagged down to take a very intoxicated young lady home by herself. She was a law student who passed out on the way home. I walked her to her door after waiting 10minutes for her to gather herself enough to contact her friend to let them know she made it home safe (by request of the friends who flagged me down) it felt good knowing I helped her get home safe.

75cents per Mile just isn't worth the wear and tear/mileage on my super clean, super well maintained vehicle. People often remarked they thought I was a black car. I even have commercial insurance because my husband's job requires it on the same vehicle and it covered me even when we notified it was for Uber for just a bit more per year. Also I've been TSA badged for years because I formerly worked for an airline but NO WAY am I picking up at the airport!!!! No medallion. I know what can happen from working there, the attendants watch and I've seen some commotions!

turbovator

She means....

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why

He's making a list
And checking it twice;
He's deactivating
who's not being nice

He sees you when you're off line
He knows when you've been pinged
He knows that you've been a bad driver
So your good fares will get dinged!

You better watch out!
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
That was really low! Since she is still driving the Uber fantasy it is safe to assume she stills believed in Santa Clause. You just made an apology connection between scumbag Uber and Santa possibly placing her belief in both in question.

Last edited:

RunningSpot

"Your good fared will get dinged"
Is THAT why I had $30 deducted from my total?
That guy had me drop off his friend that we picked up at the garage(at 5 points to their car) then had me go through a taco bell drive through on an XL 2.5 surge. I didn't drive around aimlessly! I went where they asked me to go and they ate in my truck:frown: