Get paid 10,000$ uber/lyft??? Diseaster loan

GammaRayBurst

EMERGENCY THREAD YOU CAN GET 10000 DOLLARS POSSIBLY? INWAS TOLD TO APPLY FOR A DISEASTER LOAN AS INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ? LOOK IT UP!!! DONT QUOTE ME INSIGNED UP IF I GP TO JAIL BUT ACCOORDING TO ALOT PF WEBSITES UBER DRIVERSS LYFT DRIVERS CA?GET PAID 10000 EVEN IF LOAN IS DENIED!!!! NOT SPAM LOOK IT UP!! i dont wanna get banned or anything but according to this link you can apply as an independent contractor which you are you can get 10K??
https://www.reddit.com/r/uberdrivers/comments/frgsm3 i signed for it at the offical website mods dont ban me but i signed up and im a contractor so i qualidy according to the website. Please vertify? I hope i dont go to jail now. Im on the real though. Megathread this if its true. This is the website https://covid19relief.sba.gov
Post automatically merged:

Mods pleasr vertify if this is true dont ban me i was reading up on it and applied i am considered an independent contractor and can use my ssn as my tax id.. please get yall some help if this is true if not please delete thread

please dont ban me if this isnt true

theMezz

It's a SBA loan - you have to pay it back, unless used for payroll, utilities or rent.
It's an SBA 7a loan, administered by some banks.
Clark Howard talks about it on his podcast https://clark.com/podcasts/

Basically you apply for a 7A loan and when funded, any money you use for payroll, utilities or rent you do not have to pay back, Other uses you have to pay back.

It's for qualifying small business with under 500 employees, in my opinion it's not for rideshare contractors.

GammaRayBurst

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a SBA loan - you have to pay it back, unless used for payroll, utilities or rent.

Basically you apply for a 7A loan and when funded, any money you use for payroll, utilities or rent you do not have to pay back, Other uses you have to pay back.

It's for qualifying small business with under 500 employees, in my opinion it's not for rideshare contractors.
But there's a claus saying if you are denied loan the 10k is a grant? Can't vertify
Are independent contractors and self-employed individuals eligible for loans under the Program?

Yes. The Act deems sole proprietors, independent contracts and self-employed individuals to be eligible to receive loans under the Program, assuming they provide the necessary documentation to evidence their eligibility, such as payroll tax filings, Forms 1099-MISC, and income and expense reports. See below for limits on how much they can borrow.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

EMERGENCY THREAD YOU CAN GET 10000 DOLLARS POSSIBLY? INWAS TOLD TO APPLY FOR A DISEASTER LOAN AS INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ? LOOK IT UP!!! DONT QUOTE ME INSIGNED UP IF I GP TO JAIL BUT ACCOORDING TO ALOT PF WEBSITES UBER DRIVERSS LYFT DRIVERS CA?GET PAID 10000 EVEN IF LOAN IS DENIED!!!! NOT SPAM LOOK IT UP!! i dont wanna get banned or anything but according to this link you can apply as an independent contractor which you are you can get 10K??
https://www.reddit.com/r/uberdrivers/comments/frgsm3 i signed for it at the offical website mods dont ban me but i signed up and im a contractor so i qualidy according to the website. Please vertify? I hope i dont go to jail now. Im on the real though. Megathread this if its true. This is the website https://covid19relief.sba.gov

Mods pleasr vertify if this is true dont ban me i was reading up on it and applied i am considered an independent contractor and can use my ssn as my tax id.. please get yall some help if this is true if not please delete thread

please dont ban me if this isnt true
Only if you have a registered business.
You can't just go... Oh I am an IC.

As in, you have to file taxes under an LLC or Inc or something like that.

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

If they drive under an established Business title, pay themselves as a Pass through, then, yes.

And, as long as they continue to pay themselves (keep employees on payroll) the loan will be forgiven.
However, this may require you to pay yourself as an employee with all the tax withholding required to qualify.

Wolfgang Faust

It is, if you have an LLC.

OldBay

The loan is for employers. Yes you can take the loan and pay yourself your salary.

However, if you are paying yourself as an employee, then you cannot collect unemployment.

The loan, you have to pay back anything greater than 10k. The maximum free benefit of the loan is 10k, potentially less depending on your verification

The unemployment benefits will potentially be much greater over the course of the disaster. It's tbd depending on your states implementation.

You can't legally get both. Taking the loan to pay your salary and claiming you are unemployed is illegal.

Will some ppl try to abuse this? Yes. Will some ppl get away with it? Probably. Will some get caught and punished for fraud? Yes.

UberBastid

Only if you have a registered business.
You can't just go... Oh I am an IC.

As in, you have to file taxes under an LLC or Inc or something like that.
COME ON.
That's not true.
Have you been to the website?

Here is the questions:

Choose One:
Applicant is a business with not more than 500 employees.
Applicant is an individual who operates under a sole proprietorship, with or without employees, or as an independent contractor.
Applicant is a cooperative with not more than 500 employees.
Applicant is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), as defined in 15 U.S.C. 632, with not more than 500 employees.
Applicant is a tribal small business concern, as described in 15 U.S.C. 657a(b)(2)(C), with not more than 500 employees.
Applicant is a business, including an agricultural cooperative, aquaculture enterprise, nursery, or producer cooperative, that is small under SBA Size Standards found at https://www.sba.gov/size-standards.
Applicant is a business with more than 500 employees that is small under SBA Size Standards found at https://www.sba.gov/size-standards.
Applicant is a private non-profit organization that is a non-governmental agency or entity that currently has an effective ruling letter from the IRS granting tax exemption under sections 501(c),(d), or (e) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, or satisfactory evidence from the State that the non-revenue producing organization or entity is a non-profit one organized or doing business under State law, or a faith-based organization.

CAN YOU SAY YES TO JUST ONE OF THESE?

Review and Check All of the Following:
Applicant must review and check all the following (If Applicant is unable to check all of the following, Applicant is not an Eligible Entity):
Applicant is not engaged in any illegal activity (as defined by Federal guidelines).
No principal of the Applicant with a 50 percent or greater ownership interest is more than sixty (60) days delinquent on child support obligations.
Applicant is not an agricultural enterprise (e.g., farm), other than an aquaculture enterprise, agricultural cooperative, or nursery.
Applicant does not present live performances of a prurient sexual nature or derive directly or indirectly more than de minimis gross revenue through the sale of products or services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays, of a prurient sexual nature.
Applicant does not derive more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities.
Applicant is not in the business of lobbying.
Applicant cannot be a state, local, or municipal government entity and cannot be a member of Congress.

CAN YOU CHECK JUST ALL OF THESE?

Then you qualify.

Tell the truth, fill out the form.
Let THEM tell you that you don't qualify.

Oh, and stop spreading bullshit.

Wolfgang Faust

COME ON.
That's not true.

Here is the questions:

Choose One:
Applicant is an individual who operates under a sole proprietorship, with or without employees, or as an independent contractor.
Applicant is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), as defined in 15 U.S.C. 632, with not more than 500 employees.
Applicant is a tribal small business concern, as described in 15 U.S.C. 657a(b)(2)(C), with not more than 500 employees.
Applicant is a business, including an agricultural cooperative, aquaculture enterprise, nursery, or producer cooperative, that is small under SBA Size Standards found at https://www.sba.gov/size-standards.
Applicant is a business with more than 500 employees that is small under SBA Size Standards found at https://www.sba.gov/size-standards.
Applicant is a private non-profit organization that is a non-governmental agency or entity that currently has an effective ruling letter from the IRS granting tax exemption under sections 501(c),(d), or (e) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, or satisfactory evidence from the State that the non-revenue producing organization or entity is a non-profit one organized or doing business under State law, or a faith-based organization.

Applicant must review and check all the following (If Applicant is unable to check all of the following, Applicant is not an Eligible Entity):
Applicant is not engaged in any illegal activity (as defined by Federal guidelines).
No principal of the Applicant with a 50 percent or greater ownership interest is more than sixty (60) days delinquent on child support obligations.
Applicant is not an agricultural enterprise (e.g., farm), other than an aquaculture enterprise, agricultural cooperative, or nursery.
Applicant does not present live performances of a prurient sexual nature or derive directly or indirectly more than de minimis gross revenue through the sale of products or services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays, of a prurient sexual nature.
Applicant does not derive more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities.
Applicant cannot be a state, local, or municipal government entity and cannot be a member of Congress.

Then you qualify.

I applied today under my LLC.

GammaRayBurst

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
COME ON.
That's not true.

Here is the questions:

Choose One:

Then you qualify.

You talking to me or someone else

I applied today under my LLC.
Get that money!!!