'GET OUT OF MY CAR!'

Greenie

@@@@@ totally set this up and started recording after the driver got all worked up. There's a 2nd pax so she orders a pool and wants to be taken the hospital emergency. Seriously you are that dumb to order a pool for an emergency?!?!

Pdubpooter

Girl needs to just get out. Technically the guy is right, it's his personal vehicle and she has no right to just sit there asking stupid questions if he wants her out. Maybe if she used her phone to look up where she is instead of filming the guy she wouldn't need to keep asking where her destination is.

Now obviously the guy should not be reacting like that but she is clearly trying to get some kind of reaction from him.

Papa Sarducci

He was deactivated, but hey, he is a meme now. Talk show circuit will pay way better than Uber did, unless Uber offers him hush money.

yucklyftline

The guy has the wrong temperament for this job. I understand people can snap, but he seems like the type of guy who yelled at his parents as a kid, "GET OUT OF MY ROOM MOM!"

Didn't work with this broad.

Euius

This has made all the rounds by now, but it's always the same. He made a reasonable request in an unreasonable manner.

I've only kicked out three people, (not counting "I refuse to take you to your crazy far destination) one just got out, one I called police because of the reason I was kicking him out, and one got out when I started dialing 911.

No need to get all loud and foaming, particularly when he should be clearly able to see she's recording him with her phone.

NASCAR1991

I always pull for the driver.
We drive all day for those clowns. And downtimes toward the end of the day we already pre heated.
One she made him wait..ANNOYING AS IT GETS....then pretends she is all goody good girl and making him look stupid for yelling while she is all nice and shit...but im sure during the ride she was rude and ANNOYING and telling him what to do.
.and then refusing to leave a car a total bullshit. People dont respect our cars any more what so ever.

Pdubpooter

Yeah everytime I see someone recording it's obvious something happened before the video starts and whoever is recording is obviously making the other person out as the bad guy.

But yes I've worked in customer service for a long time and he definitely approached it the wrong way. I've had people bring me to a large complex or hospital campus and ask me where so and so entrance is or where (insert name) building is, I simply say sorry I just went where the pin was dropped, you know as much as I do. I can keep driving around til we find it, but it'll keep charging you or you can ask someone outside.

There is definitely a misconception amongst passengers that they have certain rights or we have obligations toward them. We are not employees, this is not an uber vehicle, I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of your particular destination, we do not owe you anything besides getting you to your destination safely. Once we do get there, please get out lol.

RedoBeach

Once the trip is ended, the vehicle becomes our personal vehicle again and the passenger has no right no insist on staying in the vehicle unless they are avoiding some sort of outside danger. If I were the driver, I would have stayed calm and kindly called 911 on speaker for any passenger who refused to exit, especially if they were recording audible video in a private forum without my permission.

HERR_UBERMENSCH

Once the trip is ended, the vehicle becomes our personal vehicle again and the passenger has no right no insist on staying in the vehicle unless they are avoiding some sort of outside danger. If I were the driver, I would have stayed calm and kindly called 911 on speaker for any passenger who refused to exit, especially if they were recording audible video in a private forum without my permission.
Now THAT is inappropriate use of the 911 system. Almost as bad as a blind guy with a dog calling 911 because his Uber driver wouldn't let him take his pooch in the car.

RedoBeach

Now THAT is inappropriate use of the 911 system. Almost as bad as a blind guy with a dog calling 911 because his Uber driver wouldn't let him take his pooch in the car.
You're right... The non- emergency police number which I keep in my phone is more appropriate. The reason I said 911 is because I don't think the passenger would have let it go past my initial dialing of the #.

Also, I am a female, so if a male passenger insisted on staying in my vehicle after being asked to exit, it would pose more of a threat than a female. For the record, it is illegal for her to record audio in his private vehicle without notification. But that is for the courts to handle.. Not emergency.

RedoBeach

The blind guy and his service dog scenario would be more of a civil issue. Someone refusing to leave your personal vehicle could escalate to a real threat to the driver, depending on the context. I can't seem to figure out why this girl insisted on staying in the vehicle. Seems she was endangering herself by persisting to stay in close quarters with a person who has lost control of himself.
It takes them 3 hours to show up for a murder in my city,1/2 a day for a car wreck sometimes.
SF police are not known for harassing citizens via traffic stops.. Thankfully. They actually do what they are intended to do here. What city are you in?

BuckSF

I second that "Wow", but not the LOL part (unless it's out of shock and disbelief).

The lady remained in the car and, even though her words sounded polite, taunted him with questions. He mentioned that she had been rude and condescending the entire trip, so that suggests she intentionally or not, pushed him beyond his tolerance. I would like to see an unedited recording of the entire trip.

HERR_UBERMENSCH

You're right... The non- emergency police number which I keep in my phone is more appropriate. The reason I said 911 is because I don't think the passenger would have let it go past my initial dialing of the #.

Also, I am a female, so if a male passenger insisted on staying in my vehicle after being asked to exit, it would pose more of a threat than a female. For the record, it is illegal for her to record audio in his private vehicle without notification. But that is for the courts to handle.. Not emergency.
Cool, so I'm not the only one with the police non-emergency number stored in his contacts. As Uber drivers it is a good idea to have that number for every town you drive in, never know what you will see especially at night.

NASCAR1991

It takes them 3 hours to show up for a murder in my city,1/2 a day for a car wreck sometimes.

Good luck with 911.
Well new Orleans police is known beeing one of the most corrupt in usa. Since they are payed basically nothing.
They dont show up due to.busy taking bribes

RedoBeach

Cool, so I'm not the only one with the police non-emergency number stored in his contacts. As Uber drivers it is a good idea to have that number for every town you drive in, never know what you will see especially at night.
When I lived in SoCal I had the non-emergency for every city within LA/Orange County stored in my phone, lol.

uberxreallysux

It doesn't matter if the trip is ended or not. It's our personal car. Paxs should be more respectful someone other then smelly taxi Drivers are picking them up. Paying .90 cents a mile doesn't mean you own my car for the length of the destination. Driver your own car if you don't respect a driver and cheap. Oh wait you're to cheap to buy a car. Haha.