Get Me Shysters

I initially signed up for get me a month or so after they started onboarding here in 2015. I found there app crappy but I would occasionally see some of the text but none ever seemed worth it to me. Fast forward to may and I see a request a couple miles from me ad I complete the trip but did not get paid for close to 15 days after several emails. I say to myself the pay is better but not worth the frustration of being a bill collector. Low and behold I take another ride in June because it was super close and a decent pay out. Yes I'm still waiting to be paid. Multiple emails but no payment. While I ponder whether it's small claims worthy etc. I do know why I continue to Uber after 2+ year's. The wages are sub minimum wage but I have never not been paid on time. Yes the have wiggled out of various "guarantee s" but they always pay on time. Get Me is not for me and I can't believe they will make it much longer.

Richard Cranium

I initially signed up for get me a month or so after they started onboarding here in 2015. I found there app crappy but I would occasionally see some of the text but none ever seemed worth it to me. Fast forward to may and I see a request a couple miles from me ad I complete the trip but did not get paid for close to 15 days after several emails. I say to myself the pay is better but not worth the frustration of being a bill collector. Low and behold I take another ride in June because it was super close and a decent pay out. Yes I'm still waiting to be paid. Multiple emails but no payment. While I ponder whether it's small claims worthy etc. I do know why I continue to Uber after 2+ year's. The wages are sub minimum wage but I have never not been paid on time. Yes the have wiggled out of various "guarantee s" but they always pay on time. Get Me is not for me and I can't believe they will make it much longer.
Has anyone else had a good or bad experience with GET ME? Not being paid is NOT a good sign.

RC

timberstx

My experience with GetMe has been positive. My first payment took almost two weeks from the ride. But it was much better pay than what I would have got from uber for the one ride. When I go into my GetMe account I see they pay out on a tuesday. I see it in my account on friday. The thing I like about GetMe is, when I am done for the day and go home, I can keep my app on. If something close by comes up and seems worth it I will do it. If I don't want to do it, then I am not penalized.

Sivam

Has anyone else had a good or bad experience with GET ME? Not being paid is NOT a good sign.

RC
Very much positive.
Got paid on time every time except the last 2 3 weeks or so.
Houston mgr is attentive and prompt in replying to your mails.
If only app is stabilized....

Hell yeah !

Getme pays you really good if you are lucky enough to get their request near you, which most of the time is very hard to catch since the request goes to everyone. I got lucky to grab more than couple of them and trust me its way way better than ubers pay. Almost 3 times! I wish they had more clients

UTX1

Ah Hah ! Now it makes sense ! Reason why GetMe takes their time paying
Dallas GoGetters is they pay Houston first. You guys are lucky ducks.

It's about a 3 week turn-around up here lately from trip to deposit.
2 months ago, they ran only a week in arrears. Then the night bonus thing,
and the 1am to 5am 95% bonus thing, then the slow pay the drivers thing.
I'm not sure this is my thing. Like someone else said, Uber keeps the trains running,
albeit at deeply discounted rates. Getme's rates and Ubers pay schedule & volume.
Wow ! That would really rock.

UTX1

Booyah ! I see some GetMe $$ in the kitty today. Looks like they're collecting
on some of these orders and paying a few folks. Better later than whenever.:smiles:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Booyah ! I see some GetMe $$ in the kitty today. Looks like they're collecting
on some of these orders and paying a few folks. Better later than whenever.:smiles:
Awesome, I'm still waiting. Fortunately it's only $30. No way I would want them owing me several hundred dollars.

darkshy77

Juno only place I've heard them operating was New York and more of a data mining running in the background as you Uber

timberstx

I spoke a little too soon. Although I think they will work it out for me. It seems they have a little glitch in their system. I picked up a guy today that wanted to go round trip. It was a 28 miles roundtrip so I was pretty happy. Turns out it will show up from pick up to drop off. So I got payout of 1/2 mile and 43 minutes.
So if you do a get round trip, you might want to treat it as two one way trips. Tell the rider you have to end the trip when you get there. Then request again when we head back. Otherwise you have to deal with support.
But at least GetMe has a phone number that we can call when we do have problems.

Update.
they fixed it.

Last edited:

Trebor

Get me rides are so few and far, that I forget that I took one. Friday Morning I received a direct deposit alert in my e-mail from the bank. I figured, well, it was 4th of July that Monday, so its okay it's a day late, its kind of expected. DoorDash was nice enough to send out an e-mails stating our pay maybe a day late.

Anyways, I started to think about the trip I took to get paid that day, and it was 2 pay periods ago! What's up with Get Me? If they are going to pay me whenever they feel like working, that is not cool.

The Houston manager maybe attentive in replying to e-mail's, but he is HIGHLY incompetent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I finally received my $30 15 days after the fare. I will never say never but it would take a lot for me to do another Getme trip. I feel like the collect the money and go gamble/invest it and hopefully the make enough to eventually pay out. If not they accumulate more trip money rinse repeat until the get favorable outcome. Eventually that cycle will have Someone holding the bag. It could also be they just have a horrible back office operation. Either way I don't like it.

beachfitrob

It's not like you can do a whole bunch of it, since there are few jobs I even get to look at. The other day I had the app up, text came in, and the app never even showed it since it was gone so fast. (I don't do deliveries tho.)

So, low risk if they don't pay you.

I'd rather them hold the money a couple weeks and make a little interest and pay me more than Uber. It could be some good cash for them floating it if it's a few hundred thousand dollars they are constantly holding, but it makes little difference on the drivers' end.

Trebor

It's not like you can do a whole bunch of it, since there are few jobs I even get to look at. The other day I had the app up, text came in, and the app never even showed it since it was gone so fast. (I don't do deliveries tho.)

So, low risk if they don't pay you.

I'd rather them hold the money a couple weeks and make a little interest and pay me more than Uber. It could be some good cash for them floating it if it's a few hundred thousand dollars they are constantly holding, but it makes little difference on the drivers' end.
The problem with Get Me, is they won't use that money to work on a city they are already in. All they do is go to new cities. The Houston manager, Michael Vayner, told me promoting is up to the drivers, yet we get no referral reward, so whats the point in the short term?

Trebor

I finally received my $30 15 days after the fare. I will never say never but it would take a lot for me to do another Getme trip. I feel like the collect the money and go gamble/invest it and hopefully the make enough to eventually pay out. If not they accumulate more trip money rinse repeat until the get favorable outcome. Eventually that cycle will have Someone holding the bag. It could also be they just have a horrible back office operation. Either way I don't like it.
It's the back office. There is none really.I am pretty sure the payments fall onto the city managers, since they are basically the only employee in eaech city. There is only so much one can work, and I can understand Austin being delayed on payments sicne they have a lot of business, but Houston? Vayner is just slacking off. Get Me is a startup. If you work for a start up, you know your throwing back coffees and working all hours until the startup is no longer a startup. Vayner has no work ethic. He was asked on a facebook group if he could go out to midtown/montrose on Friday and Saturday nights and promote the company, much like drivers go out and "street team" for lyft. He said, no, thats the drivers. Well,perhaps you should have some type of driver reward? I think Vayner is lazy. It's no coincidence that I am getting paid late on a 4th of july weekend that is a huge vacation week/weekend for many Americans. The company should come first. Its a start up. They need to get into start up mentality. Vayner needs to replaced, along with whoever that guy they hired as their marketing manager. Get someone who knows what they are doing. A 20 year old intern can market better than Get Me Houston.