Uber Drivers Forum banner

Get Me Houston's First Rate Cut

2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  itsablackmarket 
#1 ·
Got a long rambling email from Getme Houston today (too long to post here) explaining their rate cut and marketing efforts for Houston.

The mortician from Houston they hired will kill them soon.

Below are the new and old rates.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
They are also offering 50% off rides, but the riders are not coming, because that Facebook post has about 2 likes right now.
(would it be so hard to turn that post into a sponsored ad?) Facebook ads are dirt cheap and will be effective enough to let people know. Heck, Uber was made by social media.

The times I do see some rides come, they go away pretty quickly, but then appear a few min later. I can see a lot of drivers are clicking on the ride just to get one, and not reading how far away the riders are and either 1) riders cancel, or 2) (more than likely),the drivers are cancelling, because it is too far. This is going to be a huge problem. They haven mentioned that they are working on a feature where you can set the radius limit for rides you will see. That will be great, if everyone sticks to it, but we are going to have drivers that need those rides because they were deactivated by Uber, and will keep the rider waiting for an hour like a taxi. Uber probably owns a copyright or something to the software that finds the closest driver, and sends the ping only to that driver but that is probably the best thing about Uber. (the downside of it being the acceptance ratings) As much as I hate the over saturation of drivers, I love when a rider is 1 minute away from me. It would be great if Get Me can find the closest driver, but not care about acceptance ratings.

Now, their main point to riders is that they will not surge them like Uber and Lyft. Although, this is going to be a monster of a task for them to accomplish. This is going to only be accomplished by drivers who do not drive for other apps. The majority of these drivers will be ones that were deactivated by Uber/Lyft (in different cities) for various reasons. Does this mean riders will get a crappy driver at 2am? Probably. Not all of these drivers are scabs though. We all know there have been some drivers who were deactivated for reasons that have nothing to do with their skill of driving/level of customer service.

Whats going to make this even more difficult, is.. As a driver for Uber, you can count on me not being on the Get Me app at 2am when the prices raise above 2x now. When prices are less than 2x, I will be on the Get Me app. <-- This is going to be a problem. As more drivers log out of of Uber to do Get Me rates, Uber's supply of drivers will thin, causing surge pricing to be back. Guess what happens then? I will be back on Uber.

#5 ·
I did one getme on nye. It was surging on Uber at 2x and her ride keep on appearing. It was a $20 ride after their cut. She was waiting for about an hour since every driver keep cancelling.

I want getme to succeed so a happy rider will most likely tell other. So I went and pick them up.

I do agree Getme needs to step up and do their own advertising already.

Getme is very low on request.

#10 ·
Hey, I found the Houston GM's facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/13Mishka

He has had an extensive resume at Vacations2go and Service Corporation International (a funeral provider) Ha, who said he was a mortician was correct. I thought you were just making a funny.

I sent him a friend request through my dummy account.

But, since his profile is public, you can still message him directly. I wonder who wants to give him some advice on who wants to run Houston's GetMe.

#20 ·
Michael wants a ride from 9711 southwest freeway. I can not say if this is "The Michael" but if it is, I do not know what he is doing at a car rental place. He needs to be in Downtown passing out promo cards like this one I saw on his facebook. I would pass these out if they were included in my onboarding package. Heck, I will order some if I get my own personal promo code that pays me.

#21 ·
Michael wants a ride from 9711 southwest freeway. I can not say if this is "The Michael" but if it is, I do not know what he is doing at a car rental place. He needs to be in Downtown passing out promo cards like this one I saw on his facebook. I would pass these out if they were included in my onboarding package. Heck, I will order some if I get my own personal promo code that pays me.

He gave me about 20 of them and I gave them to my sisters whose friends use Uber much to my disappointment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.