• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Get a Tip Jar (Picture)

Galveston

This is the visual that should greet every passenger when they get into your vehicle. It gives them the idea that everyone tips, and well, I've found that people have a weird habit of wanting to do what everyone else does. A properly presented tip jar, pre-stuffed, will double your tips in the app and in cash.

Today I topped a hundred bucks in tips which was so outstanding that I wanted to share this little secret with you. You won't get nearly a hundred bucks in tips every day, but you will get more than before. And if more of you would adopt this little gimmick, more and more passengers will see that everyone tips, and thus more and more drivers like you and me will routinely be tipped.

You are welcome, fellow ants. Now do it!

View attachment 354052
I totally agree I might put my cat’s pic on it. “Needs surgery”

JaredJ

I'm going to put a jar in my car full of dollar bills and when pax ask what it is, I'll tell them it's my ass cancer fund for when I have to pay for my ass cancer from sitting in an Uber all day long, eating fast food, and stressing out over the shady dude who sits right behind my driver's seat and plays a zombie shooting game at full volume so I get to guess which gunshot is the real one.

congratulations Jared the Uber driver, your ass cancer fund became your funeral fund. oh wait, no it didn't, because the chintzy Uber pax stole it after shooting you.

Dropking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I totally agree I might put my cat’s pic on it. “Needs surgery”
Yup. Havent brought myself to do THAT but the thought has crossed my mind.
Post automatically merged:

I'm going to put a jar in my car full of dollar bills and when pax ask what it is, I'll tell them it's my ass cancer fund for when I have to pay for my ass cancer from sitting in an Uber all day long, eating fast food, and stressing out over the shady dude who sits right behind my driver's seat and plays a zombie shooting game at full volume so I get to guess which gunshot is the real one.

congratulations Jared the Uber driver, your ass cancer fund became your funeral fund. oh wait, no it didn't, because the chintzy Uber pax stole it after shooting you.
Stole your ass? Thats just weird man.

Seamus

Forget the tip jar, go full force on the begging!

I put this sign in:

4.jpg

If that doesn't work then on to plan B. He sits in my back seat and we split 60-40 minus car sitting privilege fees.:

homeless-beggar-man-sitting-outdoors-city-asking-money-donation-carboard-sign-136785442.jpg

Wonkytonk

"Uber driver sentenced to 25 years for stuffing tip jar with counterfeit bills he printed himself."
Instead of In God we trust replace with "Non ad robora est gratia". We exist to encourage gratitude. Ain't no stinking juror gonna find you guilty, unless it's an uber rider in which case see you in about 20 to 30 years.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

IF your going to do a tip jar, cut slice in the top of a peanut butter jar (or whatever) and super glue the lid shut.

Then cut an "access hole" and wrap the hole with your new label.

And then bejazzle it with "please tip my daddy" to make it look like a 4 year old made it.

No kids?

Well...

i'd do it anyway.

Dropking

IF your going to do a tip jar, cut slice in the top of a peanut butter jar (or whatever) and super glue the lid shut.

Then cut an "access hole" and wrap the hole with your new label.

And then bejazzle it with "please tip my daddy" to make it look like a 4 year old made it.

No kids?

Well...

i'd do it anyway.
Genius!

so... last night, i had my Pepsi in a red solo cup (mostly empty) and my drunk passenger thought it was tip cup and put $9 in there...

.... maybe there is something to the tip jar!
.... another convert!

TarheelGeorge

This is the visual that should greet every passenger when they get into your vehicle. It gives them the idea that everyone tips, and well, I've found that people have a weird habit of wanting to do what everyone else does. A properly presented tip jar, pre-stuffed, will double your tips in the app and in cash.

Today I topped a hundred bucks in tips which was so outstanding that I wanted to share this little secret with you. You won't get nearly a hundred bucks in tips every day, but you will get more than before. And if more of you would adopt this little gimmick, more and more passengers will see that everyone tips, and thus more and more drivers like you and me will routinely be tipped.

View attachment 354052
I have a tip for you, post a screenshot of your tips on the app and

View attachment 354052
This is an amateur suggestion that will backfire on your tips and ratings. Simply subtly display a few $5 bills in your ash tray or console so it is visible but not blatantly obvious and provide good service and watch the tips flow in. If i saw a jar like this I would consistently drop in a nickel and 1 star you for begging. $100 in cash tips in a day? yeah right.

TwoFiddyMile

I like your tip jar. The only thing wrong is, DONT PUT REAL MONEY IN IT. I would color Xerox a one dollar bill and a five dollar bill and place those counterfeit bills in the jar.
PAX WILL REACH IN AND GRAB YOUR MONEY WHILE PRETENDING TO PUT MONEY IN.

Dropking

I have a tip for you, post a screenshot of your tips on the app and

This is an amateur suggestion that will backfire on your tips and ratings. Simply subtly display a few $5 bills in your ash tray or console so it is visible but not blatantly obvious and provide good service and watch the tips flow in. If i saw a jar like this I would consistently drop in a nickel and 1 star you for begging. $100 in cash tips in a day? yeah right.
3 years and 10000 rides (sigh) tells us unequivically that you are wrong. When i said the tips double both in app and in cash, this is not hyperbole. This is literally what happened, and others who have actually implemented the idea report similar in this thread. But dont let actual experience get in the way of your blissful ignorance, my fine friend.

I like your tip jar. The only thing wrong is, DONT PUT REAL MONEY IN IT. I would color Xerox a one dollar bill and a five dollar bill and place those counterfeit bills in the jar.
PAX WILL REACH IN AND GRAB YOUR MONEY WHILE PRETENDING TO PUT MONEY IN.
Heh. You are driving the wrong pax!

I might have to try this out... 🤔

Even $10 extra per day would make it worth the trouble.
Expect that it will double your tips, in app and cash both.

Then my final pax of the night would rate me one star because I had an "empty mint jar." :frowner:
Dont forget the seed money. Very important to look popular.