• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Get a Tip Jar (Picture)

uberdriverfornow

people that tip me hand it directly to me so that I can thank them and they get appreciated
Post automatically merged:

Doesn't mean that it's fake. I worked at a restaurant where they had to fire one of the managers for stealing $1000 cash. She looked right at the camera before she did it, hid and took the money, and looked right at the camera as she was leaving the office.
and she smirked

kcchiefsfan1982

When I eat at the Bar area...i make sure to tip the bartender directly so he/she knows...as opposed to putting it in the jar without their knowledge. Not so I can get recognition...but, if I am going to eat there a lot, I do want them to know that I am not going to screw them over after they give me service for 20 minutes.

So, if you do a tip jar, obviously, keep it up far enough that you will see them put it in. Also, the obvious, so they cannot steal the money from it being out of your line of site.

Dropking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
people that tip me hand it directly to me so that I can thank them and they get appreciated
For sure. Me too usually. Or they stuff it in the tip jar while loudly proclaiming the obvious - that they are now tipping (like everyone else does)

Dropking

When I eat at the Bar area...i make sure to tip the bartender directly so he/she knows...as opposed to putting it in the jar without their knowledge. Not so I can get recognition...but, if I am going to eat there a lot, I do want them to know that I am not going to screw them over after they give me service for 20 minutes.

So, if you do a tip jar, obviously, keep it up far enough that you will see them put it in. Also, the obvious, so they cannot steal the money from it being out of your line of site.
Right-o. One of the fun tip scenarios is when an old timer palms a carefully folded 20 when he shakes your hand. Like something out of a 1940s movie.

kcchiefsfan1982

Right-o. One of the fun tip scenarios is when an old timer palms a carefully folded 20 when he shakes your hand. Like something out of a 1940s movie.
The other night, a guy tossed the $10 tip at me...and my initial thought, was "How rude!"...then, I came to my senses...and of course I was very grateful & thankful.

Dinoberra

I got a plastic box from Office Depot, one used for collecting business cards. I put a sign on it saying TIPS ARE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED. My tips have more than tripled since I did. And pax can't snitch money out of it because it has a lock.
View attachment 354080
And when it gets full and some random guy walks past with a pistol saying to run that, it'll be your fault.

Dropking

You don't drive in Chicago, do you?
I drive on occasion in the tenderloin, hunters point, the sunnydale projects, and east oakland, although i am very careful about who to pick up in these areas. My advice to you is dont pickup hoodlums (and get a tip jar). 🤔

Exactly! Uber should also give drivers the $3.00 booking fee.
... and put that 3 bucks right in the tip jar.

I take the money out daily and just leave two bucks for seed. And no, it won't be my fault. It will be his.
Congrats for being a smart ant with a tip jar. I let it ride because you want to show that everyone tips.

Especially important for new riders who always tip because of it, but its fun to see the light suddenly dawn on the veterans who were previously nontippers.

I dip in for coffee money or lunch. Today i spent one of those 20s on a montecristo torpedo, but shhhh dont tell the ladies.

And when it gets full and some random guy walks past with a pistol saying to run that, it'll be your fault.
Drove a nice gal home to east palo alto (not a good area) once and her homey neighbor held an automatic weapon up in the air like he was clint eastwood. But he didnt get my tip jar. (She apologized on behalf of her neighborhood, and, of course, tipped.)

Repeat after me "No one is out to kill me, no one is out to kill me". I thought we went over this? Remember you're a survivor..
View attachment 354245
Noone is out to kill me. Noone is out to kill me.

Hey look it worked!

Last edited:

Crosbyandstarsky

This is the visual that should greet every passenger when they get into your vehicle. It gives them the idea that everyone tips, and well, I've found that people have a weird habit of wanting to do what everyone else does. A properly presented tip jar, pre-stuffed, will double your tips in the app and in cash.

Today I topped a hundred bucks in tips which was so outstanding that I wanted to share this little secret with you. You won't get nearly a hundred bucks in tips every day, but you will get more than before. And if more of you would adopt this little gimmick, more and more passengers will see that everyone tips, and thus more and more drivers like you and me will routinely be tipped.

You are welcome, fellow ants. Now do it!

View attachment 354052
That is just so wrong . I would never tip a person who did this and I tip at least 100 percent. I don’t think any type of decent person does these things and I would never contribute to this behavior

Dropking

That is just so wrong . I would never tip a person who did this and I tip at least 100 percent. I don’t think any type of decent person does these things and I would never contribute to this behavior
You can lead an ant to water, but you cant make her drink.

TheDevilisaParttimer

The hood is a dangerous place. Get out of there and drive the professionals, friend.

Its fine for our more upscale clientele in SF. The more stuffed it becomes, the more you get. If you DO end up in the hood, assess your pax upon approach and hide it under the seat if you must. But seriously, thieves arent the pax that anyone should willfully transport.
The biggest and best thieves wear collar shirts and ties. Just because they look innocent doesn’t mean you cat get bitten.

307EC6B4-4986-47BA-A3CB-8FD6E3F173E6.jpeg

I got a plastic box from Office Depot, one used for collecting business cards. I put a sign on it saying TIPS ARE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED. My tips have more than tripled since I did. And pax can't snitch money out of it because it has a lock.
View attachment 354080
Surprised no one has taken the whole box

Dropking

The biggest and best thieves wear collar shirts and ties. Just because they look innocent doesn’t mean you cat get bitten.

View attachment 354339

Surprised no one has taken the whole box
Im not surprised. The smart ants have a tip jar. The ignorant ones can be enlightened. Once enlightened, there will still be dummies who think they know better without evidence or experience. 😉

Jeber II

This is the visual that should greet every passenger when they get into your vehicle. It gives them the idea that everyone tips, and well, I've found that people have a weird habit of wanting to do what everyone else does. A properly presented tip jar, pre-stuffed, will double your tips in the app and in cash.

Today I topped a hundred bucks in tips which was so outstanding that I wanted to share this little secret with you. You won't get nearly a hundred bucks in tips every day, but you will get more than before. And if more of you would adopt this little gimmick, more and more passengers will see that everyone tips, and thus more and more drivers like you and me will routinely be tipped.

You are welcome, fellow ants. Now do it!

View attachment 354052

Put a "Make America Great Again" sticker on that jar you'll kill it !!
My tip jar is my life line