• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Get a Tip Jar (Picture)

MiamiKid

Then, as usual, you're disseminating false information. If you're a cheap skinflint, just own it.

Uber was taken to task for saying the tip was included when it wasn't:

But you keep being cheap. At least your brothers @Uberfunitis and @AveragePerson admit they're cheap.
Don't have to admit nor own anything. And won't.

Could care less what drivers, like yourself, think.

You a competitor. Just not a good one.
?

tohunt4me

This is the visual that should greet every passenger when they get into your vehicle. It gives them the idea that everyone tips, and well, I've found that people have a weird habit of wanting to do what everyone else does. A properly presented tip jar, pre-stuffed, will double your tips in the app and in cash.

Today I topped a hundred bucks in tips which was so outstanding that I wanted to share this little secret with you. You won't get nearly a hundred bucks in tips every day, but you will get more than before. And if more of you would adopt this little gimmick, more and more passengers will see that everyone tips, and thus more and more drivers like you and me will routinely be tipped.

You are welcome, fellow ants. Now do it!

View attachment 354052
i leave $6.00- $8.00 cash in a cup holder.

It is my " visual hint".

I hand it out to tolls and amusing bums.
Post automatically merged:

I got a plastic box from Office Depot, one used for collecting business cards. I put a sign on it saying TIPS ARE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED. My tips have more than tripled since I did. And pax can't snitch money out of it because it has a lock.
View attachment 354080
God
I peeled stickers OFF of my seat backs.

You add them !

Actually great idea.

I think it would be possible to print some fake bills on the home printer and crumple them up enough to make them look real.
You know
The Feds would STILL PROSECUTE YOU.

DONT YOU ?

SuzeCB

This is the visual that should greet every passenger when they get into your vehicle. It gives them the idea that everyone tips, and well, I've found that people have a weird habit of wanting to do what everyone else does. A properly presented tip jar, pre-stuffed, will double your tips in the app and in cash.

Today I topped a hundred bucks in tips which was so outstanding that I wanted to share this little secret with you. You won't get nearly a hundred bucks in tips every day, but you will get more than before. And if more of you would adopt this little gimmick, more and more passengers will see that everyone tips, and thus more and more drivers like you and me will routinely be tipped.

View attachment 354052

Chorch

I guess I would add a lid that only I know how to open, and after every trip I would make sure there’s only a couple bucks.

I would never leave a $20 in there.

Coastal_Cruiser

This is worth giving a try. Thanx for the prompting. I'm going to use a mason jar (homey) with a slotted lid (keeps honest people honest. We will see...

1568048090471.png

Dropking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I would add a lid that only I know how to open, and after every trip I would make sure there’s only a couple bucks.

I would never leave a $20 in there.

Definitely do not do this, as experimentation over three years taught me you have to leave it stuffed. A lonely couple of dollars leaves the impression that nobody tips, and the passenger will feel vindicated for not tipping.

i leave $6.00- $8.00 cash in a cup holder.

It is my " visual hint".

I hand it out to tolls and amusing bums.
If I sense there is a socially conscious passenger in back, I will often hand out a buck from my tip jar to the panhandlers at the red lights. This will turn some short distance travelers into unexpected tippers, for you are one of the good guys who likewise cares.

Is it a "please tip me" jar or "please rob me" jar?
You got $100 today, the next day you'll give it all back plus your wallet.
Since there have been a thousand next days, I can say with certainty that you are wrong. But you know what they say .... "you can lead an ant to water, but you can't make him drink."

I got a plastic box from Office Depot, one used for collecting business cards. I put a sign on it saying TIPS ARE GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED. My tips have more than tripled since I did. And pax can't snitch money out of it because it has a lock.
View attachment 354080

Good job. But for the newbies out there learning this technique, I recommend pre-stuffing it with more than what is shown in this pic. The impression that we want to give is that everyone tips.

Still take the view that tips are built into the price and totally optional. At least that's what I tell my passengers.

However, end up receiving a large amount, of tips and doing quite well.
?
Tips are not included, which is the reason that there is a tip line on the bottom of every restaurant bill and the rideshare companies identify tips in their own line on your statements. You will make more money with a tip jar, but your silly comment reminds me of something.

Couple weeks ago a gal jumped in my car complaining about something about Uber, and I said "you know what, Uber can be frustrating so the tip for this ride is on me." She said "really?" as if she was really thinking "what tip. I never tip." At the end of the ride she handed me a fiver for a ten minute ride, possibly expecting me to refuse it, but I feigned amnesia and threw it into the tip jar. I think the psychology there is she wanted to show me that she too is one of the good people on earth.

Last edited:

Selector19

View attachment 354052
Be careful! You have a very high risk of getting robbed, especially at night.

Dropking

Be careful! You have a very high risk of getting robbed, especially at night.
1000 days in a row with a lucrative tip jar tells me otherwise. But as I mentioned, always profile passengers upon approach. You already assess the situation with or without a tip jar. So if you are worried about a situation and decide to actually drive these losers, throw your tip jar under the seat for that ride. SF may be unique. At night here, most passengers are just getting around town. There isn't much difference between day and night.

KK2929

----------------------------
She states, " It's $5. No big deal !! " She looked right at the camera and took the money. Classy winch. What did she pull out of her skirt ? Since she appears to be wearing a bra, it probably was her blouse.

View attachment 354052
--------------------------------
Something else for them to steal !!!!!

kcchiefsfan1982

1000 days in a row with a lucrative tip jar tells me otherwise. But as I mentioned, always profile passengers upon approach. You already assess the situation with or without a tip jar. So if you are worried about a situation and decide to actually drive these losers, throw your tip jar under the seat for that ride. SF may be unique. At night here, most passengers are just getting around town. There isn't much difference between day and night.
So, if you accept a ride and the name says "Sarah" or "Susan" you should probably put the tip jar under the seat and hide it...but if the name that comes up says "Tayvon" or "DeAndre " you should leave it out (and probably even expect a tip), correct?

Dropking

So, if you accept a ride and the name says "Sarah" or "Susan" you should probably put the tip jar under the seat and hide it...but if the name that comes up says "Tayvon" or "DeAndre " you should leave it out (and probably even expect a tip), correct?
Exactly ?

..... but this reminds me of something. One of the nice things about lyft is you can profile before accepting pings because of the helpful pic.

ariel5466

it's fake....
she looks at the cam the entire time
Doesn't mean that it's fake. I worked at a restaurant where they had to fire one of the managers for stealing $1000 cash. She looked right at the camera before she did it, hid and took the money, and looked right at the camera as she was leaving the office.