• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Get a Tip Jar (Picture)

Dropking

This is the visual that should greet every passenger when they get into your vehicle. It gives them the idea that everyone tips, and well, I've found that people have a weird habit of wanting to do what everyone else does. A properly presented tip jar, pre-stuffed, will double your tips in the app and in cash.

Today I topped a hundred bucks in tips which was so outstanding that I wanted to share this little secret with you. You won't get nearly a hundred bucks in tips every day, but you will get more than before. And if more of you would adopt this little gimmick, more and more passengers will see that everyone tips, and thus more and more drivers like you and me will routinely be tipped.

You are welcome, fellow ants. Now do it!

20190909_011921.jpg

Z129

This is the visual that should greet every passenger when they get into your vehicle. It gives them the idea that everyone tips, and well, I've found that people have a weird habit of wanting to do what everyone else does. A properly presented tip jar, pre-stuffed, will double your tips in the app and in cash.

Today I topped a hundred bucks in tips which was so outstanding that I wanted to share this little secret with you. You won't get nearly a hundred bucks in tips every day, but you will get more than before. And if more of you would adopt this little gimmick, more and more passengers will see that everyone tips, and thus more and more drivers like you and me will routinely be tipped.

View attachment 354052
Half of my pax would kill me for that $20. The other half would kill me for the $5.

Dropking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Half of my pax would kill me for that $20. The other half would kill me for the $5.
The hood is a dangerous place. Get out of there and drive the professionals, friend.
Post automatically merged:

I like the idea of it, but I have to agree with Z129, the amount you have in yours seems like it would be asking for problems. The question is is there a way to convey the same idea without having that much cash money that readily available, and inviting theft.
Its fine for our more upscale clientele in SF. The more stuffed it becomes, the more you get. If you DO end up in the hood, assess your pax upon approach and hide it under the seat if you must. But seriously, thieves arent the pax that anyone should willfully transport.

Dropking

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My kinda gal.

How about we get a reasonable base fare and not have to beg for tips?
Whose begging? The tipping model is a good one, base pay plus tips. Waiters dont beg. They give you good service. And everyone tips them. A problem in our industry is that not enough pax are onboard the program, thanks entirely to Travis K telling the world that tips were included.

OldBay

View attachment 354052
Actually great idea.

I think it would be possible to print some fake bills on the home printer and crumple them up enough to make them look real.

Z129

The hood is a dangerous place. Get out of there and drive the professionals, friend.
Many of the people I pick up at night are professionals at their chosen career.

Actually great idea.

I think it would be possible to print some fake bills on the home printer and crumple them up enough to make them look real.
"Uber driver sentenced to 25 years for stuffing tip jar with counterfeit bills he printed himself."

MiamiKid

View attachment 354052
Would snap a pic, of your tacky jar, and attach it to a write up.

And of course, zero tip as well as one ☆.
😎

My kinda gal.

Whose begging? The tipping model is a good one, base pay plus tips. Waiters dont beg. They give you good service. And everyone tips them. A problem in our industry is that not enough pax are onboard the program, thanks entirely to Travis K telling the world that tips were included.
Still take the view that tips are built into the price and totally optional. At least that's what I tell my passengers.

However, end up receiving a large amount, of tips and doing quite well.
😎

New2This

Still take the view that tips are built into the price and totally optional. At least that's what I tell my passengers.
Then, as usual, you're disseminating false information. If you're a cheap skinflint, just own it.

Uber was taken to task for saying the tip was included when it wasn't:

But you keep being cheap. At least your brothers @Uberfunitis and @AveragePerson admit they're cheap.

UBAntKing

View attachment 354052
Is it a "please tip me" jar or "please rob me" jar?
You got $100 today, the next day you'll give it all back plus your wallet.

Jlynn

View attachment 354052
And if you drive in Baltimore, caution because that will entice anyone riding in your car to steal it.

I have two questions:
Why did he set the tip jar so far back?
What is up with that scarf she pulled out of her skirt?!
Wasn’t a scarf. It was a jacket. Stuffed in a weird place.