General Qs

nicolephlsfo

I currently live/drive uber in San Francisco but I grew up in the tri-state area. Does uber offer hourly incentive or quantitative bonuses in Philly/S Jersey? And is it easy to avoid Camden pings? I'm thinking of moving back and don't feel like fishing through all the old threads. Thanks in advance

Stray cat

I currently live/drive uber in San Francisco but I grew up in the tri-state area. Does uber offer hourly incentive or quantitative bonuses in Philly/S Jersey? And is it easy to avoid Camden pings? I'm thinking of moving back and don't feel like fishing through all the old threads. Thanks in advance
Yes, Uber regularly offers guarantees in Philly area, such as rush hour and special events.

Best way to avoid Camden ping's is not to drive in Camden! Or just ignore them. I've had a handful of Camden pax, basically after dropping off some Philly riders across the bridge and then a new pickup ping. Had a $10 tip from a professional picked up in Camden on Market Street to Philly Airport last week so you never know. I think I was the only crazy Uber in Camden as the ping sent me several miles away. I know what you mean though generally speaking.

nicolephlsfo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the info. Out here we have a 5 mile bridge connecting Oakland to San Francisco. If I don't turn the app off I'll get Oakland pings the whole span of the bridge and then some. Since South Philly and CMD are way closer than 5 miles I thought it might be an issue.

SibeRescueBrian

It's also good to keep in mind that NJ rates are $0.85 per mile, while Philly is $1.10. As long as it's surging, you would be ok picking up from Campell's and/or the riverfront district. However, if you're not familiar with the area, it's definitely best to shut down your app if you get a ride from Philly over the bridge. Good luck!

nicolephlsfo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's also good to keep in mind that NJ rates are $0.85 per mile, while Philly is $1.10. As long as it's surging, you would be ok picking up from Campell's and/or the riverfront district. However, if you're not familiar with the area, it's definitely best to shut down your app if you get a ride from Philly over the bridge. Good luck!
I worked in Camden for awhile with no car, so I'm a little too familiar with the area if you catch my drift. Thanks for the heads up, mucho appreciated. Can't wait to get back East.