• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

General boost question. Uber Eat Boost not working outside GTA area?

Jim2000Uber

Hello, I just started Uber about 2months ago.

I have driven places to places to see what it's like. Sometimes in Oakville, Mississauga, or Toronto. Other times in Milton, Hamilton and Waterloo and Guelph.

I drive 4 door sedan Mazda 3 2013. I am only qualified to do Uber X/Pool and Uber Eat. I have passed criminal background check and all that stuffs.

I do not see any boost for Uber X but only see the boost for UberEats as promotion in certain areas.

When I drive in places around GTA area or the close cities surrounding GTA(Milton, Oakville, Oshawa, etc.), I can see the red line that surrounds the cities showing Boost rate for each cities. Toronto area being the highest 1.4 ~ 1.3 and surrounding cities like 1.1 ~ 1.2 X boost.

But whenever I work outside those areas like Hamilton, Guelph, Cambridge, Waterloo, Kitchener, etc., there are NO red line on such cities and I don't get any boost for Uber Eat.

Do any of you experience the same things? Or the boost is specific to every individual drivers?

So to sum my questions up:

1) is it normal not to have any boost for Uber X but only the surge in busy area?

2) If you have ever worked in GTA for UberEat, do you have same Boost rate 1.1 being minimum to 1.4 the highest?

3) Are there No Boost? for Uber Eat outside GTA areas? Or is it only me who can't get boost for UberEat in such places? Because last time I was working at Hamilton, Kitchener, Waterloo, or Guelph, I didn't see any boost that I normally would see working in GTA or close surrounding cities.

Attachments