1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

GEICO Ridesharing Policy Now in California

Discussion in 'Insurance' started by FlexDriver2015, Oct 4, 2017.

1. FlexDriver2015

FlexDriver2015 Member

My brother in law out in California just bought a rideshare policy from Geico. I checked their website and it doesn't say its available but he said they just started offering it so it may not be online yet. I'm gonna check back tomorrow and post back what I find.

I know alot of people have been waiting on another option in Cali, so if the price is right you might be in luck. My brother in law said his down payment was $250 and about $150 a month which isn't too bad.

2. FlexDriver2015

FlexDriver2015 Member

Not sure what happened yesterday but you can quote online now. It's geicorideshare.com and I think it's the same rideshare and Ondemand delivery policy I bought in VA. Hope this helps...

3. DriveArizona

DriveArizona New Member

So if you're a GEICO policy holder already, you don't have the option of adding the ride share option to your personsal policy?

I didn't see the option within my GEICO profile, nor from within the app.

4. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Its not an option for anyone. I called my agent and they had to cancel my personal policy and create a commercial hybrid policy.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 7:15 AM
  5. FlexDriver2015

FlexDriver2015 Member

Since GEICO offers a rideshare policy which covers you for personal usage and all phases of ridesharing, you have to cancel your regular insurance policy and replace it with their rideshare policy. I don't think anyone else offers a policy like that.. And it's pretty cheap.

When you don't want to drive for Uber or Lyft anymore they cancel your rideshare policy and move you back to a regular policy. Its pretty easy to go back to a regular policy. The whole process only took me about 30 minutes. If you're going to driving for Uber for atleast a couple of months, it's definitely worth getting their Rideshare policy. I wouldn't mess with the endorsement that some insurance companies are selling.

6. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Almost seem less transition. The reason they do this is because personal and commercial polices are two different divisions within the company and their rideshare policy is considered part of their commercial division even though only considered a hybrid policy as a mix of personal and commercial.

7. DriveArizona

DriveArizona New Member

Farmers agent was inside an Uber services location writing exactly that policy type.