1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Gay NYC Pax Call Police On "N-Word" Lyft Driver Who Refused To Play Music For Them

Discussion in 'News' started by YouEvenLyftBruh, Oct 10, 2018.

1. YouEvenLyftBruh

YouEvenLyftBruh

Driving:
    Lyft
    (the headline was altered to be a more accurate representation of the story)

[​IMG]

Gay New Yorker Calls Police On "N-Word" Lyft Driver Who's "Racist Against Gay People" | Instinct

http://instinctmagazine.com/post/ga...rd-lyft-driver-whos-racist-against-gay-people

So yeah. These gay guys called 911, and demanded the police come to do something about their "N-Word" lyft driver who refused to play music for them.

How dare that Lyft driver not bend to whatever whim the passenger demanded!?

Article contains an embedded youtube of the event, provided below:

...which the driver recorded as the queens, no pun intended, as they could be from long island, shifted into "high gear" (pun intended) and verbally assaulted the driver and 911 operator with pseudo-legalistic mumbo jumbo. Here's a brief summary"
    • complaining to 911 that they were recorded without their permission
    • refusing to play their music for them, which is "part of the lyft contract" :confused:?
    • "illegally" charging them after breaking the "lyft contract"
    • Calling Lyft customer support to complain about their driver
    And the driver, just sits there, cool as a cucumber....this is sure to become a classic, just like hula girl from LA.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. Driver handled it like a pro.. hopefully those two (insert offense but none discriminatory offense of your choice) got charged with abusing emergency services (or whatever the local equivalent is)

Very pro job not many people would tolerate that as well.

3. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Homeboy gave his phone number to the 911 operator for all to hear. I bet he is getting peppered with calls.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Uberyouber and MoreTips like this.
  4. JimKE

JimKE

Anybody want to hazard a guess about what Lyft's response is likely to be?

Gay rider complaining against African-American driver...

I'm thinking a $20 credit toward future rides for the poor, victimized little passenger.

And one strike against the driver for a dashcam complaint. Lyft doesn't care what the nature of the complaint is, or who is right or wrong -- three dashcam strikes and you're out. And actually, since he obviously made the embarrassing video public, they might deactivate him for that.

And I agree with Stevie -- driver handled it perfectly, but that may not matter to Lyft.

Makes me want to go get a prepaid phone to use for a few days!

SEAL Team 5 likes this.
  5. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Robert Ortiz jobless in the next week or two when his employer gets word of this.

I'm sure the gay community is bashing him already.

New2This likes this.
  6. Robkaaa

Robkaaa

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Old news. There is a discussion on this forum.

ratethis likes this.
  7. Number has been deactivated for several days.

8. Robkaaa

Robkaaa

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Let's find him on Facebook

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  9. MoreTips

MoreTips

He did lose his job, lol. What a piece of trash this guy was. He is a great example of what awful paxhole situations rideshare drivers can find themselves with. I'm just glad the driver was recording it for protection and is now $25,000 richer. Good for him!

J. Xephon, Holiday and SEAL Team 5 like this.
  10. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery

Ortiz was reportedly fired from his job at City MD. In addition, he recited his phone number while on camera, a mistake he’d later regret. Apparently, many people who saw the video then called Ortiz and left messages on his voicemail. This got so bad that he later changed his number.

I guess I should have read the entire article before posting anything about his job or phone number.

When did this happen?

11. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    If you ask me it's not about the $8, it's his constitutional right to play music in a Lyft car

Trebor and Robkaaa like this.
  12. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Actually the only Constitutional Right allowed is the drivers right to refuse service based on sexual preference.

LGBT Community Panicking After Federal Court Rules Against Gay Agenda

One of the homosexual movement’s greatest successes was making it illegal for straight folks, primarily Christians, to adhere to anti-gay convictions.

Now, a federal court is taking away that success by permitting businesses to deny service to gay couples.

From The Daily Caller:

The U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th circuit struck down a district court’s injunction against the law, which now allows business owners to refuse to serve gay, lesbian, or transgender couples on grounds of religious objection and also permits clerks to refuse to issue marriage licenses to LGBT couples.

Foster care and adoption agencies can also choose to reject potential LGBT parents under this law, according to an AP report.

The court’s decision is a big win for the protection of religious liberties, according to Kevin Theriot, attorney with Alliance Defending Freedom, which helped write the bill.

Cary Grant likes this.
  13. YouEvenLyftBruh

YouEvenLyftBruh

Driving:
    Lyft

Please tell me you're just making this up.

What is exactly is a dashcam complaint? Because, I don't drive without a dashcam. This has never happened before, but if someone is uncomfortable with the dashcam, I will offer to pull over and wait until another Lyft drive can be called. Without a dashcam, it's like driving naked.

After being accused of driving intoxicated by a sorry piece of trash, I would NEVER drive without a dashcam again and nobody else should either.

When that stupid B word SJW Nazi, Annaliese Nielsen, ranted about her Lyft driver's hula girl on his dashboard, the driver was instantly de-activated, only to be re-activated after he posted the video and gave it to lyft.

Girl Is Offended By Hula Girl. Yells At Lyft Driver. - YouTube

Yes some guy just said that you can get a "dashcam strike" against you, that is not even a thing.... and my NUMBER ONE advice for all drivers still stands;

NEVER DRIVE WITHOUT A DASHCAM! (preferably one which uploads directly to a cloud based service.)

What a load of crap! I'm sorry the title of my post triggered you into thinking this was an open invitation to post absurd BS about the "gay agenda" which it was not.

Speaking of Christians and Christianity, why don't you actually try reading your bible for a change:

1 John 4:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Holiday likes this.
  14. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Racist against gay people :confused::confused::confused:. Then I guess the pax was being homophobic against blacks.

15. Well
    If they were Uber Customers
    They could have pressed the911 App
    Button !

Wouldnt it be FUN if there was a Police People Forum ?

COMING SOON!

UBER SENIOR ALERT

JUST PRESS A BUTTON
    AND AN UBER DRIVER RUSHES TO YOUR HOUSE !

" Ive run out of Beer! And i cant get up "!

An Uber is on the way sir !

Attached Files:

Apollo likes this.
  16. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Nothing to do about your title. Everything to do about Robert Ortiz's statements. Saying that his driver was "racist against gays" and referring to his driver as a "ni**er" more than once.

And let me fill you in about "absurd BS". The U.S. Court of Appeals is the second highest court in the land. Nothing absurdly BS about that.

What made you believe that the King James Version is my bible? And how in the hell do you equate denying service to anyone as hate? Just because you oppose someone's lifestyle doesn't mean you hate them. Do you think that Robert Ortiz was displaying any hate or was he just expressing himself to a 911 operator in an emergency situation?

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. YouEvenLyftBruh

YouEvenLyftBruh

Driving:
    Lyft
    Nice deflection. There is no "gay agenda" dude. Quit being delusional.

The article was funny/ironic, but for some reason, you thought this was the right time to post some political horse poop about the "gay agenda" and other conspiracy bs. The gay agenda is simply, you minding your own f-ing business and treating people equally.

How can you complain about racism, but then start railing against "the gays"

It's not consistent. And what is "your version" of the bible? I'll go find the same passage, it's the exact same in the 5 or so versions I looked up. So unless you are reading the Satanic Bible, your point is mooooot.

If you didn't hate gay people so much, you might realize that yes, denying service to certain people is a form of hate. Just like denying to serve black people is a form of hate.

Robert Ortiz was also displaying bigotry and racism, thus the reason the article was funny/ironic.

Laughing at these dumb pax, does not equate to implying all gays are this way. In fact, I 100% stick to gay clubs on weekends as they make the best passengers usually and carry much less risk of various drunk accidents like puking in your car, etc. So this is pretty messed up and out of the ordinary.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    2015NissanVersa likes this.
  18. Beware
    The " GAY MAFIA"

Attached Files:

Apollo likes this.
  19. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    You need to practice what you preach brother. You posted some pretty hateful words about Annaliese.

There is no gay agenda? Did you listen to Robert Ortiz? He made this all about "gay agenda".

20. YouEvenLyftBruh

YouEvenLyftBruh

Driving:
    Lyft
    Yeah because people like Annaliese are parasites. We can agree on that at least.

And the problem with what you are saying is that somehow, these two punks are part of some larger "gay agenda" implying that gays have some sort of goal outside of being treated equally. Unless you think these are some sort of gay infiltrators, part of some Gay Seal Team sent to destroy Christians?

If Robert Ortiz is part of the elite "gay agenda" mafia, then damn, I feel bad the gays cannot seem to recruit any quality folks. Maybe they can apply for some H-1B's....