Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Gave out (I think) my first 2*

1K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Christinebitg 
#1 ·
In almost 2 years of driving I don't think I've ever handed out a 2*...until tonight! Reasons:

- made me wait 3-4 minutes
- group of 3
- didn't stop their conversation long enough for me to verbally confirm destination
- played a loud Snapchat ish sound on phone
- talked loudly
- minimum fare
- destination was the hilly fraternity/sorority area of UW (hell on a clutch)
- entitled rich kid attitude (near zero chance of tipping)
- all 3 of them slammed my doors

#3 ·
Lol I've never given anyone a two star. It's either a five or a one.

Would I pick you up again? You get a five.

Don't ever wanna see you again? One star for you.

Not that it matters anyways.
I kind of like the concept of a 2-star. it says I'd really rather not see you again unless I'm desperate for money or you've reformed your ways. Under the assumption that a 1 * automatically unmatches me from that rider.

#6 ·
I just picked up a hood rat on lyft , name TRIGGA . Gets in and says he’s late for his movie and is giving me turn by turn instructions. After the third turn I said sit back and enjoy your ride or you’re really going to be late for your movie. He received the deserved 2 star so I don’t have to see him again

#8 ·
Hmmmm

So in one thread you're putting up with more shit.

In this one you're sick of it.

Sounds like you're a broken driver now.
Took you longer because you're a part timer.
But you have arrived.

Welcome!

View attachment 278931

View attachment 278934

View attachment 278935
You're very perceptive.

However my claim in the "putting up with shit" thread was that I haven't canceled on anyone in weeks. I still haven't.

But yes you're right. These pax weren't great. But they were predictable as soon as I saw those $800 Canada Goose winter coats walk out of the restaurant after I'd been sitting in a temporary driveway for several minutes.

#9 ·
For me, Its more about how far away they are from my house. Close, I probably won't give less than a 4 and will be more patient and tolerent since I want that SUV, Lux XL ride again.

But last night I gave a 1 star because I expected a downrate, which I didn't get btw lol, because a guy was complaining about traffic and the route I took in the middle of rush hour during art basel week, the busiest event down here, and its high season and one of the models/hooker complained that she had to pee within 2 seconds getting into the car, and kept asking me how long it was gonna take as I pointed to my giant samsung visor that everyone in the car can see as it its next to my rearview mirror for all to see.

I kept telling her its rush hour, I can pull in the alley and you can pee by the dumpster but she kept refusing

But one thing I can say for sure is that If you make the mistake of telling me you are gonna downrate me before the trip ends for some reason, I will make sure with great pride that I will earn and deserve that 1 star lol. I am down to 4 and know 3 of them but not sure about the 4th

#10 ·
But last night I gave a 1 star because I expected a downrate, which I didn't get btw lol
I do find it rather surprising when a I down-rate a pax because I assume I'm getting down-rated as well, only to find a fat juicy tip applied through the app.:)
It makes me feel rather guilty actually:oops:....
but then I get over it after a minute or two and go on about my day.:D

#11 ·
Minimum fare is a 1* for me.

People wonder why they’re polite and their rating drops. I give them 1* because they hurt my profitability and take away my opportunity to get a longer trip while I’m ferrying their butts for 1 mile.

Stars indicate how profitable a potential ping might be (especially for the 38 min trips that don’t appear as 40+).

#13 ·
I just picked up a hood rat on lyft , name TRIGGA . Gets in and says he's late for his movie and is giving me turn by turn instructions. After the third turn I said sit back and enjoy your ride or you're really going to be late for your movie. He received the deserved 2 star so I don't have to see him again
Problem Identified. And yet, you still took the ping. Steady Anting right there...

#15 ·
One time I arrived at pax pickup which took me 5 mins to get to...no toes on the curb....waited 3:45 mins. She comes out with bf. gets seated and seatbelt locked. She then looks at her pax rating and talks about it with her BF. She said her rating is 4.72 and wonders why her rating keEps going down. The BF concurs and says u are definitely a 5. I just keep quiet. She says she doesn’t care but sound of her voice says otherwise. They keep talking saying she is nice and polite pax. I wanted to say maybe it’s because u keep the driver waiting and don’t tip ...but I kept shut. The destination is only 2 miles. She seemed pretty cool but I’m sure her rating is tanking because of tardiness and the short ride.

I gave her a 3 for being tardy and short ride.

#16 ·
One time I arrived at pax pickup which took me 5 mins to get to...no toes on the curb....waited 3:45 mins. She comes out with bf. gets seated and seatbelt locked. She then looks at her pax rating and talks about it with her BF. She said her rating is 4.72 and wonders why her rating keEps going down. The BF concurs and says u are definitely a 5. I just keep quiet. She says she doesn't care but sound of her voice says otherwise. They keep talking saying she is nice and polite pax. I wanted to say maybe it's because u keep the driver waiting and don't tip ...but I kept shut. The destination is only 2 miles. She seemed pretty cool but I'm sure her rating is tanking because of tardiness and the short ride.

I gave her a 3 for being tardy and short ride.
That's a 1* in my book... unless a cash tip appears.

#17 ·
I'm out of the country right now on a business trip. So I'm the rider all this week.

My driver this afternoon was annoying. Played the radio, put the windows part way down (in 25 deg F weather). It's not inexperience--he's had more than 14,000 trips in 2 1/2 years.

I tried to tip him in cash (would have been my lowest tip for this week). But he refused the tip. Go figure.

Christine

#18 ·
That's a 1* in my book... unless a cash tip appears.
I reserve the 1 stars for pax I think are trouble on the platform. I would usually 2 star this pax but she seems nice and cool but can't seem to figure out what she is doing wrong as a pax. Waiting is my number one pet peeve as a driver.

I did have one pax with a 2 min ping which I waited 4:20 at pin location for and was rolling my wheels getting ready to cancel but she came right up to my car at that awkward moment. She seemed very peeved that I had the car moving in what look like a jet and cancel from her viewpoint (which she was correct)....I let her in and swiped to look in horror that it was a .6 mile ride. This one I 1 starred with no guilt.

#19 ·
it was a .6 mile ride. This one I 1 starred with no guilt.
I think for that, I probably could given my first 1*. Showed up at 4:20 and went 0.6 of a mile? Jeez.

I hope she was at least wearing heels, or maybe was limping or carrying a cane.

If I haven't had to go far for the pickup, I'm fine with a short trip. Just as long as the pax is toes to the curb when I get there.

Christine

#20 ·
You're very perceptive.

However my claim in the "putting up with shit" thread was that I haven't canceled on anyone in weeks. I still haven't.

But yes you're right. These pax weren't great. But they were predictable as soon as I saw those $800 Canada Goose winter coats walk out of the restaurant after I'd been sitting in a temporary driveway for several minutes.
Congratulations you've reached celebrity status
You Got a Cableguynoe Stalker
who will hold you to his perception of truth

#22 ·
they were predictable as soon as I saw those $800 Canada Goose winter coats walk out of the restaurant
I got to thinking about this one this morning.

I don't think I'd recognize a Canada Goose coat unless the person walked up to me and shoved a label in my face.

I hadn't even heard of them until a few nights ago when I walked past one of their stores in downtown Montreal. (It's a business trip for a part time side gig.)

Christine

#23 ·
It's ridiculous. They all wear them. Looks like some sort of uniform. The kids all seem to have well off parents who probably fund their credit cards. Their conversations often include trips to foreign countries or other exotic places, or how smart they are (reference to something upcoming exam/project)...yet they can't find it in themselves to tip!

I always feel like busting the bubbles of the ones who obviously want me to know how smart they are and what major they have, by talking to their friends about school in the car. I want to tell them about the two undergraduate degrees I have and the Masters degree, and the reasonably well paying job I have, yet I still feel the need to drive Rideshare to get ahead financially. They have no clue how expensive life is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.