1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Gave out (I think) my first 2*

Discussion in 'Stories' started by MadTownUberD, Dec 4, 2018 at 6:49 PM.

1. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    He's been stalking me for almost two years now. I think he's pretty harmless.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  2. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    I got to thinking about this one this morning.

I don't think I'd recognize a Canada Goose coat unless the person walked up to me and shoved a label in my face.

I hadn't even heard of them until a few nights ago when I walked past one of their stores in downtown Montreal. (It's a business trip for a part time side gig.)

Christine

3. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    It's ridiculous. They all wear them. Looks like some sort of uniform. The kids all seem to have well off parents who probably fund their credit cards. Their conversations often include trips to foreign countries or other exotic places, or how smart they are (reference to something upcoming exam/project)...yet they can't find it in themselves to tip!

I always feel like busting the bubbles of the ones who obviously want me to know how smart they are and what major they have, by talking to their friends about school in the car. I want to tell them about the two undergraduate degrees I have and the Masters degree, and the reasonably well paying job I have, yet I still feel the need to drive Rideshare to get ahead financially. They have no clue how expensive life is.

Christinebitg likes this.
  4. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah, I hear you. Those people need to follow every little last trend.

It's amazing to me that my nephews and nieces have mostly turned out okay, though a couple of them are just stupid. My brother and his wife are exactly the parents you described.

They can afford it. But I've stopped considering when they ask me to contribute to projects pertaining to our parents. Maybe it was the second exotic car they bought that told me they're BSing me with their requests.

Christine

MadTownUberD likes this.
  5. Christine reads a thread

A week later wakes up one morning

43458E7C-F85A-4D03-A1E8-BCE6DFC3A6B6.gif

Christinebitg and MadTownUberD like this.
  6. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    Actually that graphic was more appropriate back in October, when my brother and his wife said they bought a Ferrari.