Gas tax

atthehop

If they raise rates they will lose customers. Do you think they care if drivers make money. Drivers only take money out of their pockets.

reg barclay

If they raise rates they will lose customers. Do you think they care if drivers make money. Drivers only take money out of their pockets.
Not sure they'd lose many customers. I'd guess that a large percent of riders don't even know the per mile/minute rate, and anyway it would still probably be cheaper than a cab.

Also keep in mind that when prices are higher Uber also makes more money per ride (20-25% of the higher rate). Obviously price cuts usually mean more customers, but you have to weigh up if the extra customers outweigh the price decrease. I'm not sure they do in this case since there is little in the way of competition anyway. Unless public transport and walking are substantial competition with Uber.

Last edited:

Coffeekeepsmedriving

So gas prices are gunna go back up in a big way.

U think uber n lyft will raise rates?
I think the rate will rise to $1.10? it should be at least $1.40..remember the NY tunnels and bridges went up and we are still getting $20.00
that need to be changed to$25.00,Too bad for the pax, they will pay it.

TheNJBen

23 cents is just crazy ... If they have to raise it do it in increments or a reasonable amount or not in the highest travel time of the year ... Or figure out how not to waste the some of the highest taxes collected in the nation

jahmerican

It passed the state assembly, but it still needs to be voted in by the state senate. There is still a bit of hope
I thought the same thing but its guaranteed to pass the State Senate since they and Christie came up with the plan. Bipartisan screwjob.

Last edited:

Old Dude

I think the rate will rise to $1.10? it should be at least $1.40..remember the NY tunnels and bridges went up and we are still getting $20.00
that need to be changed to$25.00,Too bad for the pax, they will pay it.
It never was and never will be about what it should be when it comes to Uber mentality. Most pax don't mind to pay higher rates, and the ones that do, don't make a big difference in terms of Uber revenue since as it was said before - higher rates will balance for the loss of few customers. The name of the game is a competition. If there was no Lyft around, the rates would undoubtedly be higher.