Gas prices .... Costco crazy cheap right now?

SandyD

I gassed up at Costco ...... $2.37! Which is $0.40 to $0.80 less than than other stations in my area! Not sure what is up with that, but if you are not a Costco member, and you know someone who is, I believe they can buy you a Costco gift card which can be used for gas, even if you are NOT a Costco member. Of course they are likely to have crazy lines to go with the crazy prices - usually not too bad right before closing time though, if you can wait that long.

Foober_Lyftz

yup, early morning (b4 8am) is usually good money, no lines at costco.

The one off macarthur in south coast area is really cheap, I paid 2.37 there the other day. 2.43 at the costco on technology. Gotta save wherever we can

jaywaynedubya

Yep, bought some for 2.39, I looked at that thing twice like wt...f...wish I could stockpIle it at that price. AND the Costco in van nuys / sherman oaks or whatever city that is remodeled so there's no longer a line.

REX HAVOC

Gas is going down everywhere. It will be below $2.00 again before the end of the year. Too much supply and the Saudais couldn't get the OPEC countries to slow down production.

Foober_Lyftz

Gas is going down everywhere. It will be below $2.00 again before the end of the year. Too much supply and the Saudais couldn't get the OPEC countries to slow down production.
again??? I never saw it below $2 here in OC. Closest it got was like 2.08 at costco before the usual "switch to summer blend" gauging that happened

SandyD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey while we're talking about saving $, I have another tip for anyone interested in free/low cost oil changes, and occasionally vehicle service if your car meets the requirements. I used to do a lot of mystery shopping, and I still get lots of emails from the schedulers. Sometimes they have shops for oil changes. Usually you are reimbursed for the expenses of a normal oil change - up to $40-$60 or so, plus a few bucks ($5-$30) for filling out the report/narrative and sometimes submitting pictures of the location. You need to have decent writing/observational skills and should look at their examples before submitting your example narrative when you sign up to get notified of available shopping assignments. I wish there was some kind of referral code I could give you but I don't think they do that.

I have recently seen oil change offers from:
intelli-shop.com (these seem to pay more)
kernscheduling.com

You also might score free fast food, great if it's somewhere you like to eat anyway. I have on occasion taken my family to nice restaurants that were fully reimbursed as well.

mandreyka

Ya 2.36 at Costco yesterday.
Had 5 Saudi dudes to LAX today, they told me in Saudi Arabia gas is actually cheaper than water. And they were serious.

Beur

Ya 2.36 at Costco yesterday.
Had 5 Saudi dudes to LAX today, they told me in Saudi Arabia gas is actually cheaper than water. And they were serious.
Hmm a 24 pack of sports tops at $3.29 would fill my Prius for a month. Wonder how uber pays over there.

REX HAVOC

again??? I never saw it below $2 here in OC. Closest it got was like 2.08 at costco before the usual "switch to summer blend" gauging that happened
I live in the bay Area and I saw it get to $2.06. In many areas outside of California it's already close to or below $2.00. Look at the commodity pricing for USO. It's at 10.50 right now. Once it gets down below $8 we'll be near the $2's mark here in California.

renbutler

Take a quick jog over to Downtown Indy and you can get it for $1.599.

Most stations are way up over $1.80, though.