Gas prices are up but uber rates stay the same

MasterKNinja

I def wouldn't pay $2.95 / gallon for gas. I never fill up in the city. Always better prices outside the city. Hint: Robinson & Monroeville are often the lowest. Got the GasBuddy app? Shows you the best deals. Got a Costco or Sam's Club membership? Theyre usually among the best prices. Sheetz card gets you 3 cents off per gallon. Giant Eagle card gets you 10 cents off at Getgo for every $50 you spend.

The only problem I've had turning gas prices into a game is one time I ran out of gas cause I tried to go a few more miles to get a deal! LOL. Mario does actually have a point. Get to know 'hypermiling' techniques to optimize gas mileage. Doesn't really apply to grinding out city mileage but works on highway miles and commutes.

coach81

bigga519 you are right as a Auto Technician as my full time gig being easy on the gas and cruise control are big ways to save fuel! Also keep tire at the correct psi, and clean air filter.

brick656

In my vehicle, the increase in gas is about $2-3 per tank. Sure it takes a few dollars off the bottom line , but it's not putting me in the red by any means.

tryingforthat5star

Highway runs are my friend with gas prices vs profit and lately I tried the turning the AC off in between runs and putting the windows down to help at best squeeze a little bit more mpg.

bigga519

Highway runs are my friend with gas prices vs profit and lately I tried the turning the AC off in between runs and putting the windows down to help at best squeeze a little bit more mpg.
I do the same thing, AC off in between pickups or I just turn on the fan on low, either/or