1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Gas Prices are going up - will Uber step up to the plate?

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Charlie Schwartz, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Charlie Schwartz

Charlie Schwartz Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Gas prices are "expected" to rise this year for the first time in 4 years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/01/03/gas-prices-expected-spike-2017/96111548/

They have, in fact, already rose substantially - by about 20 - 30 cents, while the above article says they are expected to end up around 36 cents higher than last year.

Recently, Uber RAISED THEIR RATES in NJ after a 23 cent increase in gas prices in that state.

http://www.app.com/story/money/business/consumer/2016/10/31/uber-nj-gas-tax/93067114/

These gas increases are going to be very tough on rideshare drivers unless Uber again shows that it is on top of what it's like to be a driver.

Sincerely,

CS

2. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

The title of this post o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

3. Emp9

Emp9 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    with the ceo of exxons new appointment, you can bank on fuel being above $4 a gallon within the year. kinda a kick in the pants to the guys who voted driving big gas guzzling trucks.

Gordiano likes this.
  4. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

>>Recently, Uber RAISED THEIR RATES in NJ after a 23 cent increase in gas prices in that state.<<

A coincidence I'm sure.

The price of gasoline is irrelevant to Uber's bottom line, they don't pay for fuel,

Shangsta and Emp9 like this.
  5. sfodriver

sfodriver Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Well, if this is any indication: Lyft is decreasing rates paid to drivers by 2% starting Monday (01/23). And they also decided to start charging commission on collected Lyft Line cancellation fees.

Foober_Lyftz and Emp9 like this.

6. Old Smokey

Old Smokey Well-Known Member

Yes they will step up and match Lyft's price cuts. Gas is still cheap a couple years ago has was nearly $5.00 per gallon.

7. kinicky21

kinicky21 Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Ouch they are now going to take commission from cancel fees? I missed that. Was that in the email also?

8. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    Lyft

I know!

Sometimes I just read the TITLE of the post and I'm:

laughingminions.gif

Skinny1 and Trump Economics like this.
  9. LEAFdriver

LEAFdriver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    Lyft
    kinicky21 likes this.
  10. kinicky21

kinicky21 Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I'm in awe they say that they're going to keep the whole Lyft line cancellation fee for themselves

11. Tnasty

Tnasty Well-Known Member

Thank God; I accepted a full time job offer two days ago. I see little reason to continue doing this anymore.I have done over 13k rides and it means nothing to them.