Gas price thread

El Ropo

Filled up yesterday for $1.75/gal. Round Rock, TX. Quality gas too, averaging over 34.5 MPG in my 2016 Ford Fiesta. But I have gotten a few low star ratings just because my vehicle lacks legroom lol. If they want legroom, they should pay for an XL or comfort, or whatever.

I second the GasBuddy app, it's a must have. My only issue lately is not getting the extra cash back as a gold driver for filling up at mobil/exxon stations. From your house, you can google "gasbuddy" to access the same pricing info from your home computer. For my Austin market, you can go to austingasprices.com.

Last edited:

Christinebitg

Refineries here have a stranglehold on us.
Part of the blame belongs on Sacramento. I spent three years working for the environmental department of the refinery in Torrance.

California has special requirements for how gasoline is formulated. It's different from most of the rest of the country.

Don't misunderstand me, there are reasons for why that's the case. Some of those reasons are because of southern California's unique geography and weather, which lend themselves to developing smog in the atmosphere, especially in the late afternoon.

observer

Part of the blame belongs on Sacramento. I spent three years working for the environmental department of the refinery in Torrance.

California has special requirements for how gasoline is formulated. It's different from most of the rest of the country.

Don't misunderstand me, there are reasons for why that's the case. Some of those reasons are because of southern California's unique geography and weather, which lend themselves to developing smog in the atmosphere, especially in the late afternoon.
I remember the smog filled 70s.

I didn't know there were mountains close by until 7th or 8th grade because I had never seen them.

Christinebitg

I didn't know there were mountains close by until 7th or 8th grade because I had never seen them.
I knew they were there, but it was quite a while before I saw them. One day in the fall when I was driving home, it was a clear day, and you could see the San Gabriel Mountains as clear as anything.

There was one time in about November I hiked to the top of Mt. San Antonio (aka Mount Baldy). You take a ski lift to about the 6,500 foot level and then hike the rest of the way, up to just over 10,000 feet. It was SO clear. It looked like you could just reach down and touch the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

Nate5Star

I know the price of gas directly relates to a drivers net income, so don't jump all over me, but I still find it funny how everyone complains about the price of gas per gallon when on average WE pay:

(all examples are in US dollars)
3.19 for a gallon of milk
25.60 a gallon for Purell (before the virus jacked up the prices)
3.84 a gallon for Coke
7.68 a gallon for orange juice
10.24 a gallon for Fiji water
19.20 a gallon for Tide laundry detergent
28.16 for a gallon of Red Bull
1,024.00 a gallon for nail polish

I'm just saying :whistling:

BTW, I just paid $2.58 per gallon in NJ, actually $2.579 per gallon.

Ttown Driver

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Sams - $1.95 down to $1.90
Used my Uber debit card -I've started cashing out as soon as I have $50-$60 earned just to buy gas.
- 5% discount - $1.805
madea hell to the yeah.gif

Post automatically merged:

I know the price of gas directly relates to a drivers net income, so don't jump all over me, but I still find it funny how everyone complains about the price of gas per gallon when on average WE pay:

(all examples are in US dollars)
3.19 for a gallon of milk
25.60 a gallon for Purell (before the virus jacked up the prices)
3.84 a gallon for Coke
7.68 a gallon for orange juice
10.24 a gallon for Fiji water
19.20 a gallon for Tide laundry detergent
28.16 for a gallon of Red Bull

1,024.00 a gallon for nail polish

I'm just saying :whistling:

BTW, I just paid $2.58 per gallon in NJ, actually $2.579 per gallon.
How fast do you go through a gallon of nail polish?
:sneaky:

tohunt4me

$1.83 a gallon Shell unleaded ( 10 cents off with card as " platinum Rewards Member". I buy damn gas every single day . . . )

Meanwhile . . . oil projected to fall below $20.00 a Bbl . . .
Louisiana is Screwed !
Screenshot_2020-03-12-01-51-16.png

I remember when oil hit $13.00 a Bbl. Under Ronald Reagan.
Most of my home city was for sale along with ALL of the banks . . .

Billboards where erected saying " Last one out, Turn off the Lights"!

And . . . Hurricane season is coming.
Hurricane Katrina wiped out 175 oil platforms.
Gone.
Toppled to the sea floor.
All of them Ripping pipelines as they toppled.
Massive Damage.

Low oil prices does not Inspire " Rebuilding Infrastructure" if we had a similar " Event" this summer.

Dangerous for the Long Term Scenario.

Last edited: