Gas over $4, rates down to 60 cents a mile, what's next?

k4ever

1.5x is basically the old rate base fare...?
Exactly. Thats why I put in caps "if you MUST", meaning you gotta pay those bills, etc ... At least you will be making the same as you were making before. That is if you are somewhere where there is Lyft demand that is. I cant comprehend the super ants could be ok with this.

Korean Ant

All these people who talk about "only drive surge" are lunatics. Surge is only 5% of my daily rides. There is almost no surge in Los Angeles market in 2019.
Believe it or not...i seriously only drive surges.
No wonder i cant make s...
?

EphLux

I also hear a 30% deduction on destination filter trips is in the future too...
25% rate March 11, 2019 black Monday pay reduction then another 30% pay reducrion for destination trips equals an effective 50% pay reduction for destination filter trips, which can account for 1/3rd of a driver's fare.
Post automatically merged:

Believe it or not...i seriously only drive surges.
No wonder i cant make s...
?
Don't chase surge. Chase open road, ie, avoid rush hour traffic at all cost. Generally that means drive north of the 101 (6am to 10:30 am and 2PM to 8PM). Generally avoid going south of LAX unless you live south of LAX .(but that is another topic)
Post automatically merged:

Between the cuts, lack of surge and gas over $4 my gross is down 25-30% weekly. WTF?
Uber will fail because the only control they have is to lower driver pay. They are unable to raise passenger fares or raise driver pay. When it becomes clear they are a poverty creator (by providing non essential transportation at the expense of hundreds of thousands of drivers) -
they will be dissolved due to political pressure.

Last edited: