Gas Increased Again

Westerner

People complain when this happens and if (in their minds) it gets too high they start screaming about government intervention, even right wingers. There is no right to cheap gasoline, it needs to be replaced anyway and that isn't so hard to do

Jake Air

They're talking about perhaps $4 a gallon in Sacramento. This isn't the usual Memorial Day/summer driving/CA summer blend fuel increase. They're talking about the highest prices per gallon since 2014.
So the highest fuel prices in five years is absolutely a big deal.

***Trips to the gas station are about to get even more expensive for California drivers, according to GasBuddy.
Gas prices are spiking, and may reach as high as $4 in the coming weeks for the first time since 2014, when average prices peaked at around $4.15, according to data from the California Energy Commission.
GasBuddy, a web site that tracks gas prices nationally, said the increase has to do with ongoing refinery issues limiting supply. Refinery maintenance is slowing down production, it said.
Sacramento County prices remain near the American Automobile Association’s $3.80 state average, but Mono County is already averaging $4.48, and Humboldt and Trinity counties are hovering around $3.90.***

---Sacramento Bee

tohunt4me

The news anticipates that gas will go up another $.50 by memorial weekend. I stopped driving.30 ago, how about you?
It is April.
Summer Blend price hike excuse can only be used for a few months.

Refinery plant " Turnaround".

Yearly pattern.

In 4 months prices will fall.
Post automatically merged:

They're talking about perhaps $4 a gallon in Sacramento. This isn't the usual Memorial Day/summer driving/CA summer blend fuel increase. They're talking about the highest prices per gallon since 2014.

***Trips to the gas station are about to get even more expensive for California drivers, according to GasBuddy.
Gas prices are spiking, and may reach as high as $4 in the coming weeks for the first time since 2014, when average prices peaked at around $4.15, according to data from the California Energy Commission.
GasBuddy, a web site that tracks gas prices nationally, said the increase has to do with ongoing refinery issues limiting supply. Refinery maintenance is slowing down production, it said.
Sacramento County prices remain near the American Automobile Association’s $3.80 state average, but Mono County is already averaging $4.48, and Humboldt and Trinity counties are hovering around $3.90.***

---Sacramento Bee
Its terrible!
Yesterday i paid $2.31 for Shell gas WITH 10 cent discount !

Only getting 33 m.p.g. with A.C. on too !

---Sacramento Bee
Its terrible!

People complain when this happens and if (in their minds) it gets too high they start screaming about government intervention, even right wingers. There is no right to cheap gasoline, it needs to be replaced anyway and that isn't so hard to do
Meanwhile

America is EXPORTING OUR OIL !

Ubergaldrivet

It is April.

Yearly pattern.

Ok, let me know when driving becomes a profitable enterprise instead of a tax write off for folks with a real job. I.e active income. When gas goes back down, and Uber goes under I will begin to drive again.
Until then, walking is healthier for most of us

Ok, let me know when driving becomes a profitable enterprise instead of a tax write off for folks with a real job. I.e active income. When gas goes back down, and Uber goes under I will begin to drive again.
Gas here is 2.69, will hit 3.00 by Memorial Day. Good luck to pax’s with those $2.89 rides, hahaha. I’m actually hoping the fuel increases will help the drivers out. Each week more and more drivers are quitting bc of gas prices.

tohunt4me

Gas here is 2.69, will hit 3.00 by Memorial Day. Good luck to pax’s with those $2.89 rides, hahaha. I’m actually hoping the fuel increases will help the drivers out. Each week more and more drivers are quitting bc of gas prices.
Uber compensation to Drivers SHOULD increase along with Expenses !

Uber has no clue how to do things " RIGHT"

Westerner

[/QUOTE]

LOL, been happening forever. Oil is a global commodity, not an American right. Oil companies are beholden to their investors, not strictly American consumers. Oil needs to be, and can be, replaced.

Uber compensation to Drivers SHOULD increase along with Expenses !

Uber has no clue how to do things " RIGHT"

Independent contractors do not automatically raise prices just because their expenses go up, they have to abide by market demand. Likewise company employees do not automatically get a raise just because something gets more expensive. I wish Uber would pay more when fuel goes up but does that also mean they start paying less when it goes down? Ubers obligation is to their customers first, investors second, and drivers last, just like any company

The Gift of Fish

Sounds like it's time for a rate cut from Uber & Lyft to help drivers through this.

Jake Air

Yes. Uber and Lyft should base their rates on trending gas prices. That's what the airlines do when the cost of jet fuel goes up.
I'm not talking about 10 cents a gallon. But a dollar or more.
I think the riding public would have a difficult time complaining about fluctuating ride share fares.
It shouldn't cost less to ride with me than it would for pax to fill up their own cars and drive themselves.
Pax are saving enough on parking/valet fees and city wear and tear on their vehicles, like curb rash, etc.

BlkMagik

Makes some sense to have an adjustable fee scale tied to the avg gas price but do cab companies charge more under those same circumstances? idk

amazinghl

I'm already prepared for high fuel cost.

IMG_20190407_094753792.jpg

UberBastid

Oh, come on you guys.
We should hope that Uber lowers fares to pax's .... it will increase the number of rides we get, and therefore the income.
Right?

BigRedDriver

Three word:

Sams club - Costco

Costco is always .25 lower and Sam’s .15 to .20 lower.

Lyft had a deal that Sams Clubs membership for $25

Juggalo9er

It is April.

Yearly pattern.

Its terrible!

Its terrible!

Meanwhile

Don't tell anyone
Your car gets better mileage with the AC on than with the windows down