• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Gas card

ques

Are there any other uber drivers out there that is being overcharged on their fuel card? This is the third and last time I will allow this to happen. Please respond because uber is doing a lot of wrongful and unlawful things.

uberparadise

Are there any other uber drivers out there that is being overcharged on their fuel card? This is the third and last time I will allow this to happen. Please respond because uber is doing a lot of wrongful and unlawful things.
Mine seems fine. Discount is only a few cents though. Only like the card so I can brag that I am some important Uber executive LoL. Only problem is when I do that noone is that impressed.

ques

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well this week a 117.00 hold was placed on 12/31/15. So I could not use until today 1/4/16. Prior to that I only had 82.83 receipts(which I have ) . Uber took 118.00 from my earnings this week and I have not gotten any response about this. Two weeks ago uber deducted 218.00 of my pay when it should have been 200.00 . Three weeks prior to that the same thing... So I say this is the third and final straw... I guess imma do the same and keep it jus to show off... LOL... I will never use this card again after all the hard work to get one ... SMDH

ques

Keep in mind this was a pre authorization hold of 117.00 ... That should have been dropped no later than 24 hours and then they still take my money even though i could not use card.. TOTALLY BS...

uberparadise

Well this week a 117.00 hold was placed on 12/31/15. So I could not use until today 1/4/16. Prior to that I only had 82.83 receipts(which I have ) . Uber took 118.00 from my earnings this week and I have not gotten any response about this. Two weeks ago uber deducted 218.00 of my pay when it should have been 200.00 . Three weeks prior to that the same thing... So I say this is the third and final straw... I guess imma do the same and keep it jus to show off... LOL... I will never use this card again after all the hard work to get one ... SMDH
Always go inside the gas station and tell cashier exact amount u want to spend. Keep receipts and make notes on your phone with date and amounts. Sometimes, they delay taking money out til the following payday. That's why u get odd amounts that are confusing. I try to use it only for Uber and only when I have no other source to pay. Sorry to hear about the confusion.

ques

Always go inside the gas station and tell cashier exact amount u want to spend. Keep receipts and make notes on your phone with date and amounts. Sometimes, they delay taking money out til the following payday. That's why u get odd amounts that are confusing. I try to use it only for Uber and only when I have no other source to pay. Sorry to hear about the confusion.
There is no confusion .... I never go over 200.00 a week... So this lagging of charges don't apply to me. Uber jus flat out took more of my earnings than they should have. And there is no way to recoup my money. So I won't use gas card anymore.

Blast

YES! UBER is doing the same thing to me. I keep every last receipt. The first time I noticed this I went through every last receipt and sent them pictures and they came back with a charge for $34 dollars the week before (a period spanning 6 weeks) I even started using the card. They have made all the deductions and I waited for my gas credit to come back to zero balance and I decided to test it. Week before last I purposely used card 2 times totaling $73 (and change). Uber came back with fuel charges totaling $118 (and change) and this week I got a letter stating there was an issue with the "Instant Pay" and that my new fuel charge statement would show $259. WTF?!!! SO, needless to say I started this week with minus $44 (rounding/not including cents). Now because they said I finished last week with a negative balance my "instant pay" is not available this week. This egregious discrepancy has much more to do with cheating drivers than it does a day or two of delayed posting. Uber gas card is a SCAM but, I believe it is done on selective drivers. I am very good in math and Ubers numbers don't add up. The over charge for gas by playing a shell game with the delay in posting.
I am with you. I will NEVER use this card again. In fact, I am currently trying to figure out how to deactivate it. My first go round with Uber support, the email said I can keep track of my fuel in my account under the "fuel tab". Well, I have been scouring my account and the only thing close to a fuel tab keeps bringing me back to the "Uber Gas Reward" promotion. I can't find any friggin history of gas usage.
Why does everything have to be so shady?

Micmac

Don't use it ! It s scam ! Their scam game is with the delay in posting transactions ! Anything comes from uber is shady!

Last edited:

ques

YES! UBER is doing the same thing to me. I keep every last receipt. The first time I noticed this I went through every last receipt and sent them pictures and they came back with a charge for $34 dollars the week before (a period spanning 6 weeks) I even started using the card. They have made all the deductions and I waited for my gas credit to come back to zero balance and I decided to test it. Week before last I purposely used card 2 times totaling $73 (and change). Uber came back with fuel charges totaling $118 (and change) and this week I got a letter stating there was an issue with the "Instant Pay" and that my new fuel charge statement would show $259. WTF?!!! SO, needless to say I started this week with minus $44 (rounding/not including cents). Now because they said I finished last week with a negative balance my "instant pay" is not available this week. This egregious discrepancy has much more to do with cheating drivers than it does a day or two of delayed posting. Uber gas card is a SCAM but, I believe it is done on selective drivers. I am very good in math and Ubers numbers don't add up. The over charge for gas by playing a shell game with the delay in posting.
I am with you. I will NEVER use this card again. In fact, I am currently trying to figure out how to deactivate it. My first go round with Uber support, the email said I can keep track of my fuel in my account under the "fuel tab". Well, I have been scouring my account and the only thing close to a fuel tab keeps bringing me back to the "Uber Gas Reward" promotion. I can't find any friggin history of gas usage.
Why does everything have to be so shady?
Uber is no longer in Austin... But I know for a fact that I have been overcharged on several occasions .... I also purposely used the card at certain times... I figured in 9 mos they got me for about 900.00 no exaggeration .... So as they left Austin I knew I would not meet the 100 rides... They had no rides to offer but deliveries and outside of city limits in which over 5000 drivers were in competition in an already low ride request area(s). So now for sure I used my card and I know they made add a little extra to the over drafted 400.00... It beats them getting me for 900.00.... So I say this to u if u still have uber in ur city... Don't use the gas card u become comfortable ... Which is what #UBER did made the world comfortable which is not always good for the drivers... Because the demand n supply is or was at a steady pace... Still is... Come back #Uber to Austin ... If they don't say it imma say it... This city is in chaos... I am not from here so the picture is even clearer... Stay blessed n thank the universe ... U see we are not forced to get a gas card ... So use ur business that's best for u.... And from one uber driver to another ...Uber is a blessing ...

ivey mutale

Yes...I have been overcharged several times.....classic was today...I stopped using the card because of false charges...I used it today out of desperation..I added $30.80 of gas..few minutes later my account was -$40..few hrs later -$71...I have sent 6 emails...not a single response..I had stopped using my card and had used cash all along....they are usually go at responding..but I have had no response!!

dirtylee

It probably has to do with authorization holds. Places like costco, kroger, sams club, & etc etc are notorious for that shit.

LadyDi

I had a charge that wasn't applied in a certain week show up later on. I will watch this a LOT closer for sure. Thanks for the heads up!!