Garbage Surge Cap slightly increased.

Uber Work Hero

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's surge here? I see no numbers anymore.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 464831
Just restart the app. I’m not sure if these vague surges are deliberate, but usually restarting the app gets the dollar increments back. Plus there are surge apps like the one I screenshot’d that tell you the multiples by location.
Post automatically merged:

Are they going back to the old surge format?
Doubt it. The screen shit is a app that measures surge multiples by location.

Just restart the app. I’m not sure if these vague surges are deliberate, but usually restarting the app gets the dollar increments back. Plus there are surge apps like the one I screenshot’d that tell you the multiples by location.
Nah, doesn't matter what I do. Hasn't shown me dollars for several weeks. Not concerned about it ATM, as I'm currently parked.

AzAppDriver

It's most likely due to you not driving for a while. I stopped driving around same time you did. I don't see surge amounts on either of my devices, Android and iOS.

Uber Work Hero

I bet you have android phone. I have IOS aka apple and it shows surge, but my work phone is android and doesn't show it.
The surge often craps after a couple of minutes on my phone. I don’t know if it is deliberate or the app overloaded. Certainly good reason to believe it’s deliberate. Either way, restart the app and it’s back again.

I removed and reinstalled the app. No diff. Went online to see if that would do it. Nope.

I'll worry about it the day I start driving again.

Android here.

Uber Work Hero

HAHAHA I love it. Plenty of demand but 0 drivers available.

All those pay cuts are finally backfiring on the bastards and hitting them where it matters, their revenues.
If the PUA runs out in July and they still can’t get drivers out there, then they’re gonna have to offer a serious incentive.

Whats the extra point stuff? I’m not seeing in my app.

VinnyPhx

If the PUA runs out in July and they still can’t get drivers out there, then they’re gonna have to offer a serious incentive.

Whats the extra point stuff? I’m not seeing in my app.
I agree, im surprised they havent offered any promotions to get drivers back on the road, I guess since they cant afford to compete with the PUA, theyre not even bothering giving anyone anything and are relying on the drivers who dont know how to do basic math to keep the company afloat lol

Really? I've had that extra points zone for probably close to a year now...if you pick up someone from within that zone you get extra Uber Pro points.

BlackBeast

I agree, im surprised they havent offered any promotions to get drivers back on the road, I guess since they cant afford to compete with the PUA, theyre not even bothering giving anyone anything and are relying on the drivers who dont know how to do basic math to keep the company afloat lol

Really? I've had that extra points zone for probably close to a year now...if you pick up someone from within that zone you get extra Uber Pro points.
they increased the surge cap from 2.0 to i think 3 or 2.7 Far cry from the 5.0 cap it was before they changed it in the spring

VinnyPhx

they increased the surge cap from 2.0 to i think 3 or 2.7 Far cry from the 5.0 cap it was before they changed it in the spring
I haven't been driving so i could be wrong but I haven't noticed any surge above $7.50 which is nothing compared to what it should be for memorial day weekend with no drivers out on the road...if this was a couple years ago the surge right now would be crazy.

But unfortunately, UBER's greed ruined it for everybody, including themselves.