Galveston Uber

tripAces

I have been told that there has been people driving in Galveston. I have had various reports of black cars and regular UberX.
I know that the City Council was suppose to bring up Uber at a mtg this summer. But haven't heard anything about it.
Has anyone heard anything? Last time this was discussed the Police were ticketing people for picking up.

Trebor

I have not heard anything other than tickets being handed out. I suppose it can be busy during labor day.

tripAces

They have Craft Beer event I believe this wknd. Would have to check. But I have been told by 3 different riders that they have seen Uber.

So I going to call the Police Dept again and ask. Won't say what I heard but will just ask.

amgrunt1833

It's completely legal in Galveston. I know several of the Galveston PD and they support anything that keeps down the DUI rate and keeps them from waiting all night for people that are intoxicated to be picked up.

amgrunt1833

Ok I'll play this game ....post a law saying you can't.... What's to say the people that are riding with me aren't "paying for my time". Nevertheless if anyone has questions call the or email the Galveston PD and they will set you straight. I work with several members of the PD who I know wouldn't blow smoke up my butt, but it is ultimately up to you to decide what you want to do as a grown adult. If you dicide to listen to Internet lawyers so be it.