1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Galaxy sent me to a locked gate - newbie got first cancellation

Discussion in 'Advice' started by troop399, Jul 19, 2017.

1. troop399

troop399

I got a cancellation (and probably an upset person) because I couldn't find the address. Galaxy (my phone) told me to turn right on a street and then turn left. The left put me at a locked gate way behind a business. There was a security shack but nobody there. I kept going around and around and I then heard the cancellation (it makes a real bad angry type sound on the phone by the way). What else could I have done? That earned me a negative rating on my very first day. It was in an industrial area where there are lots of warehouses. Should I avoid those areas and stick to neighborhoods? That was totally embarrassing for that to happen on my very first day. I feel bad for the man who requested the ride. Is there a way to avoid this in the future? Thanks. New and just learning how to do things. It has been interesting.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Titanium Uber

Titanium Uber

Driving:
    UberX
    It couldn't get you a negative rating. You can't be rated on trips until they start.

3. More money in cancelations than driving sometimes.

Cigars and uberdriverfornow like this.
  4. Sometimes the maps Google or Uber use are out of date. They sometimes tell me to turn on streets that no longer exist because they built a condo over it. Best I can say is as you drive, you get to become more familiar with the area you drive and the nuances of GPS.

5. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    It doesn't count against you when the passenger cancels. The notice should have said that when it popped up on your screen.

Rakos likes this.
  6. mikes424

mikes424

If you think it would be a good ride, you could contact the pax and ask for directions or have the pax either open the gate or give you the code.

7. REDSEA

REDSEA

Driving:
    UberX
    A lot of places have more than one gate and in a few cases, those gates never open. Call and blame Uber/Lyft, Google, meteor showers, etc. and apologize for them and ask where the easiest/best location to pick them up would be.

8. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    So you got to the pin and the passenger wasn't there and you couldn't figure out what to do? That's your story?

9. They can't rate you if they cancel

Rakos likes this.
  10. Robertk

Robertk

granted, it's a pretty short story. But the subplot of the angst ridden newbie worrying about his rating was kinda amusing.

Rakos, Ubersinger and Cigars like this.

11. You didn't do anything wrong, the GPS told you to go where the rider put the pin. It's Uber's fault, not your phone's fault.

This happens all the time, it's nothing to stress about. Don't give it a second thought.

CJfrom619 likes this.
  12. henrygates

henrygates

Driving:
    UberXL
    Did you start the trip? If not the low rating was someone else.

Rakos likes this.
  13. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    Uber tries to obfuscate...

every chance they get...

Makes it a more challenging game...8>)

Rakos
    s-l1000.jpg