• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Future of Uber Freight? Why Company is shutting down self-driving truck division?

Lynnette Wilm

Hi Guys,

This is my first post at this forum. Actually, my uncle who left his job as logistic head of a wholesale company planned to start driving Uber. Yes, he owns truck but later, we got the news that the company is shutting down this service. I just came here to know is company lowering its focus on self-driving truck units, or it is also about Uber Freight.

Secondly, we are purchasing alarming equipment and truck GPS. So, my question is that which would be the best GPS tracker and alarming system if we travel within the state. I found this list of best truck GPS trackers, so you are open to referring any of GPS tracker from here.

tohunt4me

Hi Guys,

This is my first post at this forum. Actually, my uncle who left his job as logistic head of a wholesale company planned to start driving Uber. Yes, he owns truck but later, we got the news that the company is shutting down this service. I just came here to know is company lowering its focus on self-driving truck units, or it is also about Uber Freight.

Secondly, we are purchasing alarming equipment and truck GPS. So, my question is that which would be the best GPS tracker and alarming system if we travel within the state. I found this list of best truck GPS trackers, so you are open to referring any of GPS tracker from here.
Do Hot Shot for oilfield out of Bakersfield.

Several companies hiring owner operators.

Also , as an example, manufacturers such as John Deere ( local to me ) are always shipping out equipment and receiving materials.

Cooperage is always shipping. New barrels.
Reconditioning used barrels. Etc. . .

Crude pumper wells in Bakersfield Always need Parafin chemical treatments to keep flow lines and wells from clogging due to parafin.

Chemicals come in Transport Containers.
Must be replaced often.

Attachments

Last edited:

New2This

Hi Guys,

Are you saying Uber's ditching Uber Freight entirely or just the self driving trucks?

Lynnette Wilm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah! I was referring to self-driving trucks as I got news that Uber breaks down its self-driving trucks and going to focus more on self-driving cars only. I don't know what are its impacts on Uber Freight.

You guys are also ignoring the second part of my post. I am also looking some reliable GPS trackers and alarming devices for our truck.

SRGuy

Yeah! I was referring to self-driving trucks as I got news that Uber breaks down its self-driving trucks and going to focus more on self-driving cars only. I don't know what are its impacts on Uber Freight.

You guys are also ignoring the second part of my post. I am also looking some reliable GPS trackers and alarming devices for our truck.
Have you googled GPS trackers?

Lynnette Wilm

Thanks for sharing your opinions with me. We have just upgraded our trucks with the latest GPS tracks, installed HID kits to improve brightness especially in fog areas and passed our truck inspection. Now, we are ready to work with a local retail company under the supply chain department. Although we were looking to work with Uber Freight lack of authentic information, we will see this opportunity for future adventures.

Who is John Galt?

Author
Thanks for sharing your opinions with me. We have just upgraded our trucks with the latest GPS tracks, installed HID kits to improve brightness especially in fog areas and passed our truck inspection. Now, we are ready to work with a local retail company under the supply chain department. Although we were looking to work with Uber Freight lack of authentic information, we will see this opportunity for future adventures.

Lack of authentic information from Über?

That doesn't sound right!

Lynnette Wilm

Because I asked from many people including Uber drivers but they were not much aware of Uber Freight and its features. As company also released a press release that they are going to focus less on trucks rather than cars.

ECOMCON

Below From Dec 14. Doesn’t sound like uber freight is going anywhere but up:

Uber Freight has launched a new data analytics feature designed to help shippers pinpoint problem areas within their supply chains and take action to improve efficiency.
Uber Freight also has been steadily expanding its product offering for the shipper side of the business.

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/uber-freight-adds-analytics-tool-shippers

2Cents

I've heard that operators prefer driving back empty because of many things before they consider doing fübr freight.