Funny pax stories

SteveA21

This morning - I get this woman from another country - I'll leave out her nationality etc - she's going to SF. Personally I never pay attention to the announced drop-off location since it rarely means much to me. I just follow the uber app routing. I'm driving and it's taking me on streets through Hayward into Oakland down Hegenberger to San Leandro up to Fruitvale to the freeway. It's early morning so the roads are quite clear and the drive is smooth with few stops, no traffic jams. But she starts complaining AFTER we pass the Hegenberger on-ramps to the freeway that we're not taking the freeway. I tell her, "my job is just to follow the app's routing instructions." So she starts phoning her friends and venting about how the Uber GPS isn't using the freeways. She calls one person after another to complain about this. Then when we are on the bay bridge, she gets into this really loud emotional conversation with someone in her native language. I can hear her weeping and then I can hear her smacking herself in the face with grief while on the phone. She finishes this conversation, then calls more people to complain about the GPS - the only words in English are GPS. Then she directs me to her dropoff and cordially leaves the car.

Yesterday. I'm driving through SF with passengers in the car. I'm on this street that has only 1 lane legal to drivers. The other lane has a huge "Muni only" sign on it. And this guy in a tiny white "smart car" starts getting all agitated behind me. He's weaving in one direction and the other trying to pass me. But there's no where to pass me and he's not getting into the "Muni only" lane either. Me and the passengers - 2 very cool women - were all laughing at this dipshit and his antics. Then when the lane next to me opened up, he pulls next to me at a stoplight, rolls down his window and is gesturing and yelling at me so he can tell me off. I ignore him, keep facing forward, waiting for the light to proceed. He takes off when the light changes and the passengers and I continue to have a good time laughing at how ridiculous the turd is, especially since he's driving this tiny little shoebox of a vehicle wishing he were intimidating somehow.

Good times.

nurburgringsf

This morning - I get this woman from another country - I'll leave out her nationality etc - she's going to SF. Personally I never pay attention to the announced drop-off location since it rarely means much to me. I just follow the uber app routing. I'm driving and it's taking me on streets through Hayward into Oakland down Hegenberger to San Leandro up to Fruitvale to the freeway. It's early morning so the roads are quite clear and the drive is smooth with few stops, no traffic jams. But she starts complaining AFTER we pass the Hegenberger on-ramps to the freeway that we're not taking the freeway. I tell her, "my job is just to follow the app's routing instructions." So she starts phoning her friends and venting about how the Uber GPS isn't using the freeways. She calls one person after another to complain about this. Then when we are on the bay bridge, she gets into this really loud emotional conversation with someone in her native language. I can hear her weeping and then I can hear her smacking herself in the face with grief while on the phone. She finishes this conversation, then calls more people to complain about the GPS - the only words in English are GPS. Then she directs me to her dropoff and cordially leaves the car.

Yesterday. I'm driving through SF with passengers in the car. I'm on this street that has only 1 lane legal to drivers. The other lane has a huge "Muni only" sign on it. And this guy in a tiny white "smart car" starts getting all agitated behind me. He's weaving in one direction and the other trying to pass me. But there's no where to pass me and he's not getting into the "Muni only" lane either. Me and the passengers - 2 very cool women - were all laughing at this dipshit and his antics. Then when the lane next to me opened up, he pulls next to me at a stoplight, rolls down his window and is gesturing and yelling at me so he can tell me off. I ignore him, keep facing forward, waiting for the light to proceed. He takes off when the light changes and the passengers and I continue to have a good time laughing at how ridiculous the turd is, especially since he's driving this tiny little shoebox of a vehicle wishing he were intimidating somehow.

Good times.
As for your second story, I'm assuming you were driving on Sutter st in Fidi/Union Square. The way I drive, I'm more like the guy behind you. Even if you're going the limit at 25 on Sutter st and the other lane is a Muni only lane, it can be incredibly annoying when the person in front of you is driving slow especially if there's not that much traffic.

I usually violate the traffic law for some brief seconds by entering the muni lane to overtake when this happens.

SteveA21

As for your second story, I'm assuming you were driving on Sutter st in Fidi/Union Square. The way I drive, I'm more like the guy behind you. Even if you're going the limit at 25 on Sutter st and the other lane is a Muni only lane, it can be incredibly annoying when the person in front of you is driving slow especially if there's not that much traffic.

I usually violate the traffic law for some brief seconds by entering the muni lane to overtake when this happens.

Mr Smart Car was certainly welcome to get in that Muni Only lane. Nobody else was using it. With all the pedestrians, bicyclists, etc in that area, I'm going to go at the speed that seems reasonable to me.

Strange Fruit

I never pay attention to the announced drop-off location since it rarely means much to me. I just follow the uber app routing.
:rolleyes:
Uber routing too often takes u a slower way that happens to be shorter, and thus pays less. And it will take u to an alley or somewhere wrong cuz it goes to the pin which isn't always at the street address. I think most people assume the job os to take them to their destination. Carpenters' job isn't to "use a hammer". It's to build things, hammers being a useful tool.
I tell her, "my job is just to follow the app's routing instructions."
That's wasn't embarrassing to say?
Not that both stories' antagonists weren't ridiculous people with emotional troubles, which is sad. They sound pretty unhappy.

I hope u aren't one of those that sit in the street doing whatever those guys do in the street that isn't driving or pickingup/dropping off. Laughing at people honking (if we're lucky enough to have a honker near them, but lottsa people are too polite to honk). Ignoring me while I point to the open curb on that block.

SteveA21

:rolleyes:
Uber routing too often takes u a slower way that happens to be shorter, and thus pays less. And it will take u to an alley or somewhere wrong cuz it goes to the pin which isn't always at the street address. I think most people assume the job os to take them to their destination. Carpenters' job isn't to "use a hammer". It's to build things, hammers being a useful tool.

That's wasn't embarrassing to say?
Not that both stories' antagonists weren't ridiculous people with emotional troubles, which is sad. They sound pretty unhappy.

I hope u aren't one of those that sit in the street doing whatever those guys do in the street that isn't driving or pickingup/dropping off. Laughing at people honking (if we're lucky enough to have a honker near them, but lottsa people are too polite to honk). Ignoring me while I point to the open curb on that block.

It wasn't embarrassing in the least. If passengers know a better way to go than the way the app is directing me, they're welcome to let me know - I'll gladly follow their suggestions if they let me know in time for me to do so. If they've told me where they're going, and I think I know a better way to go, I'll let passengers know that the app is suggesting one thing but that I think we ought to do the other if it's OK with them. Otherwise, I'm following the app routing, so long as it's not directing me to do something illegal or impossible.

CNguyen415

At least change your gps to google maps or waze if you're gonna depend on gps. Not saying they're perfect but far less of a headache than uber's shit navigation