Fun game, how quickly will I get reported tomorrow...

CYP

I will preface this with I am completely fine. Back in May I had a heart attack, over the past week and a half or so I have been having some heart palpitations that the D. is not overly concerned with but still wants to be cautious so I'm getting a 24hr heart monitor tomorrow morning. I am also planning on driving, I haven't driven in about a month and already had tomorrow planned out so I'm going heart monitor and all.

For those who have never had one which is hopefully the majority of you these short term monitors load you with wires, Ill have a shirt on which should cover most of them but if I have to get out its going to be noticeable so lets play a game.

I get reported in....

0-5 rides
6-10 rides
11-15 rides
15 plus rides
not at all.

Pick is kind of an example.. Im a guy though and dont have breasts yet.

Attachments

• stock-photo--hour-heart-monitor-attached-to-female-patient-72689641.jpg
    stock-photo--hour-heart-monitor-attached-to-female-patient-72689641.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 101

freeFromUber

I will preface this with I am completely fine. Back in May I had a heart attack, over the past week and a half or so I have been having some heart palpitations that the D. is not overly concerned with but still wants to be cautious so I'm getting a 24hr heart monitor tomorrow morning. I am also planning on driving, I haven't driven in about a month and already had tomorrow planned out so I'm going heart monitor and all.

For those who have never had one which is hopefully the majority of you these short term monitors load you with wires, Ill have a shirt on which should cover most of them but if I have to get out its going to be noticeable so lets play a game.

I get reported in....

0-5 rides
6-10 rides
11-15 rides
15 plus rides
not at all.

I'll say 0-3 rides...people are A-holes.... especially if you drive in the hood!

Jufkii

I get reported in....

0-5 rides
6-10 rides
11-15 rides
15 plus rides
not at all.

I'm not sure if those yahoo's in India could make heads or tails out of what the pax was trying to say if they did report you for wearing a monitor. Wouldn't worry about it if you did get reported. 0-5 rides if all Lyft pax. 6-10 if all Uber for your poll.

doggerel

I get those palps sometimes. Very unsettling but completely normal. The cooler weather causes them. They vanish in the summer and come on strong as the weather changes. More than likely, the monitor aint going to show anything.

Also surprised that you had one. You look what? Maybe fifty?

CYP

I get those palps sometimes. Very unsettling but completely normal. The cooler weather causes them. They vanish in the summer and come on strong as the weather changes. More than likely, the monitor aint going to show anything.

Also surprised that you had one. You look what? Maybe fifty?

Yeah Im not worried about them. This will be the third time with a monitor Im sure it will show nothing, they are just being overly cautious, I still have one blockage at 70% they are trying to treat with diet and exercise. Im 46 so yeah, young for a heart attack.

Not at all. Just wear a big long shirt and don't get out of car.

Nobody can every figure out how to get to my 3rd row I always have to get out. I really dont care if I get reported, Im just curious to see how quickly it might happen.

Lightning1181

Yeah Im not worried about them. This will be the third time with a monitor Im sure it will show nothing, they are just being overly cautious, I still have one blockage at 70% they are trying to treat with diet and exercise. Im 46 so yeah, young for a heart attack.

Nobody can every figure out how to get to my 3rd row I always have to get out. I really dont care if I get reported, Im just curious to see how quickly it might happen.
Scott, I had my first MI when I was 47. I had been on a steady diet of White Castle belly bombers for 3 solid weeks. No surprises here. Listen to your cardiologist and enjoy your time with your new holter monitor. Ps, I checked myself out of hospital after 4 days and never looked back.

CYP

Scott, I had my first MI when I was 47. I had been on a steady diet of White Castle belly bombers for 3 solid weeks. No surprises here. Listen to your cardiologist and enjoy your time with your new holter monitor. Ps, I checked myself out of hospital after 4 days and never looked back.

I pretty much did the same thing. 5-17 heart attack 5-20 out of the hospital and 5-22 back to work lol. I switched my diet to all plant based with some salmon mixed in and haven't looked back at all and feel fantastic other than the occasional flutter. No sense sitting around to see if anything is going to happen there is life to be lived

Do you need the money? man, driving is proabaly not the best thing for someone who had a heart attack in May.

All that sitting and the stress. Can you find some other way to get income?

I absolutely love to drive and it gets me out of the house. Driving is like therapy for me. My 9-5 I work from home which people think is fantastic but it's really quite the opposite. This really isn't an income stream for me, last time I drove was 8/23. Happily it doesn't stress me at all to do it.

I was also very fortunate they didn't have to crack open my chest or use my groin for stent placement. They were able to go through my wrist which was easy peasy and the smallest mark ever.

doggerel

Do you need the money? man, driving is proabaly not the best thing for someone who had a heart attack in May.

All that sitting and the stress. Can you find some other way to get income?

Gotta agree. I find driving for six to 10 hours straight with people in my car at 70 mph to be stressful. Have been fighting anxiety and panic attacks for weeks. If I get xnax or whatever, then I can't drive. So completely f'd, really.

Uber Crack

Author
Some of us drive a couple of hours as a side hustle and find the trips relaxing and pleasant. I'm sure he'll do great. He may even feel less stressed. :smiles:

sd1303

I get reported in....

0-5 rides
6-10 rides
11-15 rides
15 plus rides
not at all.

Tell them that you are the first prototype of the robotic Uber driver.

Last edited:

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I get reported in....

0-5 rides
6-10 rides
11-15 rides
15 plus rides
not at all.

Unless your drivers license has been restricted or withdrawn by the DMV then it's not Uber or Lyft business or that of any passenger. If a passenger asks I would tell them that it is a medical condition but that it will not affect your ability to provide them with a safe ride. If Uber or Lyft bring enquiries I would be delighted to refer you and them to a lawyer friend who is an expert in the Americans with disabilities act.

sd1303

Unless your drivers license has been restricted or withdrawn by the DMV then it's not Uber or Lyft business or that of any passenger. If a passenger asks I would tell them that it is a medical condition but that it will not affect your ability to provide them with a safe ride. If Uber or Lyft bring enquiries I would be delighted to refer you and them to a lawyer friend who is an expert in the Americans with disabilities act.

Yep... "it's medical equipment" (discussion over)

pvtandrewmalone

So, if you have a heart palpitation, your car's check engine light will go on? I'm both impressed and horrified.

Have you ever read some of the non-sequitur answers that Ronit and his merry band have come up with?

Between their lack of English comprehension and instruction to respond without paying any money to the customer or driver...that's not much of a stretch.