• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Fun Fact: 95% of Pax just stare at their phone the entire trip....

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I wanna know what people did when they were in cabs back in the old days, pre-cell phones? Were they forced to talk or did they just stare at the back of the seat or out the windows like a mute.
Hmmmm....🤔Car rides...pre-smart phone era:

When I was a kid during car trips I played with electronic games, or hung out the window and battled with our dobermans for window space so I could take pictures with my camera. No I never wore a seat belt. My dad had a restored 74 Malibu SS. Lap style belts......anyways.

This is how I spent my car rides;
2019-11-30-10-10-16.jpg

When adults rode with us they talked, listened to the stereo or read newspapers ( if car sickness wasn't an issue.) ...and battled the dobermans for space.

Mista T

Author
that is by far the most accurate statement I have ever posted on this site.
I disagree ... west coast drivers and pax talk all the time. I ask pax about their strange driver stories and sometimes they tell me "well, this one time the driver never said anything to us. Just Hello and Goodbye. It was SO strange!"

I talk with pax from NY, NJ, Boston, Philly ... they confirm that pax and drivers back east just don't talk! Even if they speak the same language, lol.

ctdude6969

I think people back in the cab days read newspapers. I had one guy on Uber read a newspaper though.
I'm going to have to agree about the newspaper. And 95%? That number is probably closer to 50% with me. I stay quiet unless the pax wants to talk and generally by the end of about 50% of my rides, the pax has told me their life story or has asked me a ton of personal questions (whether I always answer them truthfully or not is another story).

WNYuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going to have to agree about the newspaper. And 95%? That number is probably closer to 50% with me. I stay quiet unless the pax wants to talk and generally by the end of about 50% of my rides, the pax has told me their life story or has asked me a ton of personal questions (whether I always answer them truthfully or not is another story).
I don't care if people talk or not...... I just want a safe ride, 5 ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ , and a BIG FAT JUICY CASH TIP

Buck-a-mile

that is by far the most accurate statement I have ever posted on this site.
I wanna know what people did when they were in cabs back in the old days, pre-cell phones? Were they forced to talk or did they just stare at the back of the seat or out the windows like a mute.
Not in my car. 90% want to talk.
Must be a West Coast thing.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Off topic. Ms. Lissetti, my old eyes can't quite make out your cool new avatar. I tried to click to make it big but it says your profile is only accessible by a privileged few. Kinda looks like a cutie pie in a modified Santa suit?? What do ya got goin' on there girl-friend?

Inquiring minds want to know...

View attachment 383512
LOL I explained this to another person today. I have the same avatar year round.
86344.jpg

I like to dress her up for seasonal stuff.

2019-11-09-17-50-59.jpg

Screenshot_20191102-145143_PhotoDirector.jpg

2019-10-25-22-05-16.jpg

20191130_114215.jpg

Poor Letty ( Michelle Rodriguez) from the Fast and the Furious franchise among other things. I hope she doesn't come looking for me. 😂😂

sellkatsell44

mch

I disagree ... west coast drivers and pax talk all the time. I ask pax about their strange driver stories and sometimes they tell me "well, this one time the driver never said anything to us. Just Hello and Goodbye. It was SO strange!"

I talk with pax from NY, NJ, Boston, Philly ... they confirm that pax and drivers back east just don't talk! Even if they speak the same language, lol.
We talk to each other. Just not at a really high percentage. I’d say 60/40 non talkers vs talkers