Full Time

MJE

I'm back. So I decided to go against my better judgement and quit my big boy job to drive uber full time. It's actually going better than I anticipated. I know there's a lot of haters on here that would say it's a bad decision, but a lot of those people don't even drive any longer. Just wanted to see if anyone else that participates in these boards drives full time?

You should start a gofundme and really start raking in the cash. Hopefully you are going to collect unemployment benefits while you drive...

MJE

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can't collect unemployment benefits if you quit your job and besides that, I've never believed in welfare.

Uzcaliber

Welcome back to the "support" group. This forum needs you. Please repeat after me "I, MJE, take you Uber, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." :smiles:

htboston

Welcome back to the "support" group. This forum needs you. Please repeat after me "I, MJE, take you Uber, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." :smiles:
Continue on by saying, "From this day forward during intercourse, I, MJE, will let you, Uber, be the one on top while I lay back and get screwed over and over again."

htboston

If you do your own car repairs and your car gets good mileage per gallon. Good luck to you. At least you'll reduce some overhead expenses. Hopefully, gas prices don't go up by too much.

MJE

I do most of my own repairs and my car does get good g/m. I heard from someone that Uber is in the process of incorporating tips electronically into the app which will make things better as well. A lot of business travelers won't tip because there is no way for them to expense cash with their companies.

htboston

I heard from someone that Uber is in the process of incorporating tips electronically into the app which will make things better as well
Don't get your hopes up for this electronic tipping thing. This rumor has been floating around for years. As more people sign up to be drivers for Uber and Lyft and other driving apps coming into the market (Fasten, Juno, etc.), hopefully this doesn't cut into your profit. Uber is also making deals with cab companies which is not good for UberX drivers.

In the rideshare industry, you are easily replaceable because there are new drivers signing up every day.

Ozzyoz

I'm back. So I decided to go against my better judgement and quit my big boy job to drive uber full time. It's actually going better than I anticipated. I know there's a lot of haters on here that would say it's a bad decision, but a lot of those people don't even drive any longer. Just wanted to see if anyone else that participates in these boards drives full time?
I been driving 2 years now and the fact you quit your full-time job for this really surprises me. Seriously man do you even know the consequences of what you just did? If you get into an accident or passenger accuses you of something big it means you are deactivated while investigation is happening. That means no money coming in at all, if you have a full-time job that isn't Uber or Lyft and you get in an accident, you can always take bus to work or borrow a car from Family and you will still be making money. I work full-time daytime doing I.T. and evenings I hit Lyft hard so I end up making like 300+ a day M-F and weekends I just hit Lyft alone and this brings me in good monthly dough, but if it wasn't for my Full-time job, My car would be beat up in no time and if I ever got deactivated i would at least have something to fall back onto.

Ozzyoz

You can't collect unemployment benefits if you quit your job and besides that, I've never believed in welfare.
It isn't wel-fare and yes you can collect UI if you quit your job, it depends on if you quit due to bad conditions or harassment etc at workplace. I even collected UI while I worked, most people don't even know you can collect UI if you make less than a certain amount or work less than certain hours. Luckily I now make over 70K a year with my job and Lyft and don't need UI.

dirtnaprightnow

Good luck with that. Last 6 months I did UBER my NET OPERATING LOSS was $1,866. In addition I put 30,000 miles on my 2013 Explorer. The numbers also include doing lots of XL.

That is the reason I hung up my keys, got rid of my 3 yr old car with over 70,000 miles.

NO MORE UBER FOR ME

timothyj

Me! well, this is my primary source of income. I still have others sources of income.

Haters gunnnnna hate. But uber/lyft is the bees knees for me.

I'm in my mid 20s.

I got my own apt

I got a car paid off, an emergency fund and another 5 figures in a Vangaurd index fund, all from uber/lyft earnings.

Take vacay whenever I want. No dress code, no boss, no debt. What's not to love?

Last edited:

Diamond_Vision

Me! well, this is my primary source of income. I still have others sources of income.

Haters gunnnnna hate. But uber/lyft is the bees knees for me.

I'm in my mid 20s.

I got my own apt

I got a car paid off, an emergency fund and another 5 figures in a Vangaurd index fund, all from uber/lyft earnings.

Take vacay whenever I want. No dress code, no boss, no debt. What's not to love?
Good to see your still around. I was wondering if your here. I haven't seen much activity from you in the past. I always enjoy your posts and insight. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of this business. I don't think many people get it like you do.

ChortlingCrison

You'll make more money working in a toll booth. I could understand uber part-time, but full time no way. You should know by know that uber loves slashing the rates.

Ozzyoz

This is my 4th source of income. I find Uber is useful when Lyft women keep on cancelling on me due to whatever factors. Uber is good when I am far away from inside Minneapolis. Lyft is only good when inside Minneapolis or airport/Moa area. My other sources of income are Google Adsense for a business directory I run which is like a yelp alternative. I also do full-time I.t. work and another part-time job so I just go home only for sleep and am out and about 90% of the time. Total income I get is 7 grand a month.

MJE

It isn't wel-fare and yes you can collect UI if you quit your job, it depends on if you quit due to bad conditions or harassment etc at workplace. I even collected UI while I worked, most people don't even know you can collect UI if you make less than a certain amount or work less than certain hours. Luckily I now make over 70K a year with my job and Lyft and don't need UI.
How is UI not welfare?

MJE

My goal as a full timer is $1000 a week on uberX in under 45 hours of driving. I hit that this morning so am taking the rest of the weekend off. How nice is that? While all you part timers are out chasing that guarantee tonight I'll be getting it in. It's a beautiful Saturday out there, have fun and earn big!