Full time uber x

Wise28

This topic has been talked about likely too often. But how is buisness for you full time rideshare drivers? Many people have said that driving for uber should not be your full time work. While that is a fair assumption, have any of you been able to sustain strictly driving for uber as only source of income. I try and earn only about $200 everyday, some days are MUCH longer than others.

Any thoughts?

tohunt4me

This topic has been talked about likely too often. But how is buisness for you full time rideshare drivers? Many people have said that driving for uber should not be your full time work. While that is a fair assumption, have any of you been able to sustain strictly driving for uber as only source of income. I try and earn only about $200 everyday, some days are MUCH longer than others.

Any thoughts?
$750.00 to $850.00 a week
5-6 twelve hour plus days.
Never broke $900.00 in a week.
Midnight to noon is usual shift.
Never any promotions in my market.
Never incentives.
Seldom surges.
Gas alone will be 10%-20% of my gross.
Average 30-40 rides per day.
Do a Lot of airport due to $24.00 set fee per trip.manfated by city.
X driver.small midsize car.29-33 m.p.g.
Going on 3 years of this.
First 2 years full time.

SEAL Team 5

Any thoughts?
Chicago is the exact same rates as Phx for UberX, almost $.72/mile. For an earning of $200 that will be 278 passenger miles plus whatever dead miles. Does Chi Town drivers get any decent surges anymore? Or are you guys the same as the rest of the country and have 40,000 drivers in your city?

tohunt4me

Chicago is the exact same rates as Phx for UberX, almost $.72/mile. For an earning of $200 that will be 278 passenger miles plus whatever dead miles. Does Chi Town drivers get any decent surges anymore? Or are you guys the same as the rest of the country and have 40,000 drivers in your city?
Thats 350 to 400 miles a day.
Hard Wear. Uber needs to pay up.

Uber should cut me 2 checks.
1 for my car.
1 for me.

Last edited:

lakersfan1

The surges will be good until New Years. $200 in 8 hours on weekends, 12 hours on weekdays ...maybe in split shifts if you live close, otherwise bring a blanket and sleep on Recreation Drive at lunch.

Jan and Feb will suck ass.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

... Or are you guys the same as the rest of the country and have 40,000 drivers in your city?
No, I guess we are not the same as the rest of the country then. Current estimates range from 100,000-200,000.

We refer to pre-history, when there were <50,000 drivers as, "The good old days". You know, BITD, we had to UberX in the snow, barefoot, and uphill, both ways.

NadZrag

Full time uber X driver today = uber employee at about $13 an hour without benefits

Talking about an invention of an industry where ridesharing companies had figure it out and are taking advantage, of the lack of government regulation, to have "independent contractors" and get away with not taking responsibilities of health insurance, benefits, etc. For their workforce.
Welcome to the technology/communications era, everything that worked for your parents will be useless few years from now. Either you adapt to the new economy and learn quick, or yourself and your family will be doomed into poverty, I would say 10 years from now.

Koolbreze

I am making plenty full time....10 hour days....don't spend my time @@@@@ing on here...out there making the money. I am happy.

pizza guy

Don't do it full time. You can make good money and enjoy it for about 20 hrs a week. Then make descent money for the next 10 or 20 hours and maybe maintain some sanity. After that you pretty much need to make it the center of your life to make anything descent per hour and you certainly risk going Uber (previously know as going postal).

Syed raza

No future in Uber for young drivers do it part time go look for a FT job with benefits or go back to school.

Don't do it full time. You can make good money and enjoy it for about 20 hrs a week. Then make descent money for the next 10 or 20 hours and maybe maintain some sanity. After that you pretty much need to make it the center of your life to make anything descent per hour and you certainly risk going Uber (previously know as going postal).

What is good money in your opinion?