FT OR PT and why

Cousinzent

Just curious to know. I do it part time from home only to past time and make a few extra bucks... It pays for a dinner out or drinks... And my car insurance.. My goal is only $25-30 when I drive and I stop when I hit it... I will say this even with the extra money and I don't chase it ...meaning driving in the loop and sitting it's still to many miles in my 2015 car!! I know most will be happy to here it's about to be one less car , mine . But the. Again uber adds 4 new cars to every one lost lol.. Thank God I have a great paying FT job

bigprttygrlswag

PT 20hrs/week - this offers me the flexibility I need. just yesterday evening I had to stop what I was doing to go to the office. It took about an hour, and I continued driving. If I were waiting tables or working at a store I bet mgmt. wouldn't like me leaving all of a sudden like that. I love my fulltime $$ and all its benefits; Uber $$ gives me an allowance to do the things I want - travel, family holiday gifts.

Uber$$ gives me the freedom to add guacamole to any meal without having to worry about the upcharge LOL!!!

cogtx

PT for me as well....turn app on and off as need be between chores and the honey-do list throughout the week. Start from home and drive during daytime hours. The young drivers can have the pukers and bad attitude pax at night, I'll take the airport runs and local trips to the nail salons with my regular customers.

Bukrub

I keep calling it part time, but I run it all day during my Full time job, plus I'm doing this 7 days a week. I'm self employed in oilfield machine tool sales and my business is down 85%. Uber is helping ends meet in a tough time. I'm out driving to all my Customers anyway so this coat tails that nicely. I am adding some extra miles but not much more that I would be in good times. I can't think of anything else I could do that would still allow me to keep my business open and service my customers. My pay sheets say I'm online about 50 hours a week, but that's not a true representation of how much is being devoted to Uber as a lot of the time I'm in areas that Uber is normally not available so I get no pings. I add a few hours before and after what I would normally work and add weekends. Today is the last day of 4 weeks Ubering. I've worked every day for the last month. It's also the first day I have truly felt exhausted. But I did Uber until 4am last night, and was back at it at 8 this morning

turbovator

PT 20hrs/week - this offers me the flexibility I need. just yesterday evening I had to stop what I was doing to go to the office. It took about an hour, and I continued driving. If I were waiting tables or working at a store I bet mgmt. wouldn't like me leaving all of a sudden like that. I love my fulltime $$ and all its benefits; Uber $$ gives me an allowance to do the things I want - travel, family holiday gifts.

Uber$$ gives me the freedom to add guacamole to any meal without having to worry about the upcharge LOL!!!
Dosen't it bother you that your Uber allowance is less than the average 5th graders allowance? LOL

Hondaguy7643

Just curious to know. I do it part time from home only to past time and make a few extra bucks... It pays for a dinner out or drinks... And my car insurance.. My goal is only $25-30 when I drive and I stop when I hit it... I will say this even with the extra money and I don't chase it ...meaning driving in the loop and sitting it's still to many miles in my 2015 car!! I know most will be happy to here it's about to be one less car , mine . But the. Again uber adds 4 new cars to every one lost lol.. Thank God I have a great paying FT job
PT here, very pt! I drive less than 8 hours a week most weeks. Since I'm already in Houston when I get off my full time I just start right there.

GuyRye

This is a part time gig for me. I dont use the money to pay bills, but to pay for golfing, trips, clothes, or whatever.

itsablackmarket

I only work when I get delusional enough to believe I can actually make money. Then a few rides later and I'm back to my senses once I look down at my odometer and compare with my earnings. Anyone who thinks they're making money at $1.10/mile is insane.

Houberxnewbie

Part time. I work evenings for an oil & gas company. We grew accustomed to a lot of overtime and thats over for a while. I drive in the mornings on weekdays. This past weekend I tried driving Friday and Saturday nights thinking all the events would mean good uber money. It sucked. Everyone is taking short tips and its so hard navigating in and out of these crowded events. Each time I was in a surge area I wouldn't get ang pings and it probably wouldn't have mattered because the trips were so short.
I'll stick to the weekday morning airport runs. It will be some extra cash to pay for school during this oil downturn.

ZootSuiter3

I did it for one full week on my vacation time. All day everyday 7 days straight. The most i managed to make was 360. Thats only 1/3 of my paycheck. I wouldn't survive off that. I got a wife, 2 kids and 2 car notes to pay lol.