Frustration with Uber, their customer service and missed out bonuses

Pinkpigpete

I've never been so frustrated with customer service in my life... It feels like they just hire some English speaking foreigners off the streets to read whatever their monitors tells them to read off a call center.
The emails come back with the same silly response also.

So three weeks ago I was let go, indirectly because of the virus and the company getting less work.

I decided to do Uber, to my surprised in the Philly area I made around $1500 on 110 trips and 65hrs in.
As I'm helping my girl set her account so I can get a bonus I noticed she had a option I've NEVER seen in my side, quest and promotions... Attached are what account shows my girl and what EVEYONE ELSE I've met with Uber has and what mine has always said since day one... Missing our on serious money since I started doing this.

I've a diamond atm, with a near perfect score and my girl is a gold that just started... My cousin is a gold that had 8% cancellation rate and I have 0% and yet he gets promotion and I don't.

When I bring my grievences to Uber they tell me some bullshit that it's written out for them... So frustrating, I've contacted them on Facebook and Instagram to find out those foreigners control that too. Idk what to do at this point. They keep telling me to check back later, yet they can't answer why everyone I've ever spoken to with an Uber account (about 30) has the promotion and I don't... More importantly why I've always had it turned off and everyone always had it non stop.
received_319677569434544.jpeg
View attachment 481572

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkpigpete

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not everyone gets the same promo offers.
It's not "those foreigner's" fault.

*This offer is for drivers only who directly received the offer via email from Uber
I would agree with you if I had ever recieved a promo code... LITERALLY EVERYONE I KNOW that does Uber in Philly has that same promo offer, 100% of everyone I ever asked has it... And I've never had it.... Once.
So something funky is funky is going on, and I'm sure it's not the foreigner's fault, yet they won't forward my problem outside their call center... After a week of harassing them they send me to this British accent foreigner that appersntly was a supervisor to tell me the exact same thing.
When I told him why I never had it and everyone I know always had it he told me he doesn't know... He also didn't know much how to fix my other app issues.

It seems unless it's simple mundane things they won't be able to help u

Taxi2Uber

I would agree with you if I had ever recieved a promo code... LITERALLY EVERYONE I KNOW that does Uber in Philly has that same promo offer, 100% of everyone I ever asked has it... And I've never had it.... Once.
So something funky is funky is going on, and I'm sure it's not the foreigner fault, yet they won't forward my problem outside their call center... After a week of harassing them they send me to this British accent foreigner that appersntly was a supervisor to tell me the exact same thing.
When I told him why I never had it and everyone I know always had it he told me he doesn't know... He also didn't know much how to fix my other app issues.

Welcome to Uber.
Yes, support sucks.
And yes, "those foreigners" will not be able to tell you why you're not receiving bonus offers.
No one knows the algorithm in determining who gets a bonus and who doesn't.
One could speculate and say there is no reason to give you a bonus, as you're doing 130 rides without one.

dmoney155

So something funky is funky is going on, and I'm sure it's not the foreigner fault, yet they won't forward my problem outside their call center... After a week of harassing them they send me to this British accent foreigner that appersntly was a supervisor to tell me the exact same thing.

Maybe it's your attitude that the algorithm senses.

njn

diamond? promos are used for motivation. it sounds like you don't need any.

KevinJohnson

You made $13.63 per delivery without the promo. That is really high and close to the top.

Agree with above. The promos are a tool to get you out there. Also the promos are kinda BS. They extra pay from promos is just moved from the base fare.

Sign up for DD and GH. Drive them for 1-2 weeks. When you re-open UE you might see different promos.

sellkatsell44

Whenever you use it a lot, have high ratings, etc. they know they have you on the hook. Why reward you with promos? When you don’t use it as often, don’t have as high ratings, they need a hook to get you more into the habit of driving for uber, relying on uber, etc—ta da. Promo.

it’s the kind of logic that works also on customer side (aka I haven’t ordered in two weeks and they bumped my savings from 5% to 20%).

as well as other things in life.

Uberguyken

Maybe they see no reason to give you a promotion since your such a reliable ant who takes every ride and doesn't cancel on near any... Thus making Diamond status(Which is useless btw) hell if I was your boss id see no reason to incentivise you at at all since your all ready drinking the Koolaid...

Why spend money getting you to do what they want when your doing it for free....

Seems logical to me....

tenor - 2020-07-04T001026.332.gif

Pinkpigpete

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
as somebody new to Uber how do you know so many other Uber drivers? Or is 'new' relative?
I've personally have brought over about 10 people in order to get the recruitment bonus.
Also when you go to the green light hub you tend to find a @@@@ ton of them waiting on some sort of help.

Daisey77

I've personally have brought over about 10 people in order to get the recruitment bonus.
Also when you go to the green light hub you tend to find a @@@@ ton of them waiting on some sort of help.
So are you a recruiter? If you were a driver, why would you continue oversaturating your Market causing you to earn less? The more drivers on the road equals more money out of your pocket, if you really are a driver🤷🏼

SinTaxERROR

Just think about how you could have made that same $1,500 in probably 40 hours instead of 65 if Uber was giving you quests and promotions that you so desire to have.

Uber has chosen to take advantage of you. Much more so than the drivers around you. It worked. You lose. You will bow to the algorithm, the algorithm will not bow to you.

Stop worrying about what other drivers get for quests and promotions. Quite frankly, it’s none of your business. Worry about yourself.