1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Front Seat: Off Limits?

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by upyouruber, Feb 11, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. I reverse this policy if SHE/HE’S HOT!!! :o)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KD_LA

KD_LA Well-Known Member

Perhaps a bear trap on the font seat?? :D

upyouruber likes this.
  2. Tnasty

Tnasty Well-Known Member

Maybe they are secret shoppers, but I hate when they get up front and act like my best freind, or I'm on a job interview.

upyouruber likes this.
  3. MercDuke

MercDuke Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I usually work at the airport and I am driving a nice sedan with a leather interior, book lights, and nice arm rest, etc... in back. I push the front passenger seat forward, and encourage people to sit in back. I did get a 1 star from a total d-bag for making him sit in back, and he was drunk.... was weird too because he and his buddy wrestled on the way to the car to see who got front... WHO DOES THAT? I think they were early 20's....
    So, hindsight being 20/20 I probably should have just moved my crap and let the Dbag sit in front, it wasn't worth the 1 star or his false allegation that there had been an argument. That 1 star is still there, and I have a 4.90 rating, would probably be 4.95 or better if it wasn't for the 1 star....

Rakos and Uber Crack like this.
  4. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Only asking uber to not be paired again you mean.

5. Lissetti

Lissetti Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I have had so many solo pax that sit directly behind me, it has caused my tires to wear down on the drivers side. This will be the second time in 3 months that I will have to replace my passenger rear tire. Already had it checked, no alignment problem, just too much uneven weight on one side of a small car (Prius C2), and driving on the uneven pavement of Downtown Seattle. The reason pax seem to do this is if I approach their pick up from the left side, rather than them just waiting for me to turn the car around, they run up and start tapping the door for me to stop and let them in. Sometimes I've even had a pax jump in front of my car frantically waving their phone, thereby preventing me from moving the car to turn it around to the right side. I'm too short to push my seat back, so I'm going to get a cheap tool box at Harbor Freight and put it behind my seat. (Empty of course.) It will be a hassle when I have 2 pax or more to have to get out and move the tool box to the trunk, but it's going to save me money in tires. I don't know why so many male pax think its cool to sit directly behind a small 5' 2" female anyways.

Rakos and Uber Crack like this.
  6. ShinyAndChrome

ShinyAndChrome Well-Known Member

Most people know better but some people are just idiots so they do it. I've had at least a couple people sit up front and get mocked by their friends immediately, thus they then went to sit in the back like a normal human being should.

Uber Crack likes this.
  7. Ride Nights & Weekends

Ride Nights & Weekends Active Member

I had a girl sit up front that looked like Shailene Woodley....pre stupid haircut, and we had a great conversation about dating in the new app driven world of hookups vs when it took courage to ask a girl out. Great convo for a pool ride.

Uber Crack likes this.
  8. Hail Macbeth

Hail Macbeth Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    As a PAX, I prefer to sit up front. More room. Less grime on the door handles from previous PAX. I get less carsick.

Usually I tell the driver I'm also a driver, and he's only too happy to complain to me for 25 minutes about Uber.

Manuka, Lissetti and Uber Crack like this.
  9. UberBeamer

UberBeamer Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Why not just kindly suggest they scoot over to the other side? If they ask why, it seems like you’ve got a way better excuse than mine... which would be so I can keep a better eye on you.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  10. Saltyoldman

Saltyoldman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don’t really care, but I do prefer if they are extremely intoxicated that they sit in front. You can just control the situation and keep an eye on pax

11. UberBeamer

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    So when is the wedding?

12. Lissetti

Driving:
    UberX
    I have asked very nicely, and in most cases they ask what's the big deal. Some guys got offended and acted like I was implying they were a creep or something. They go into it that they have a wife or girlfriend so they don't need to try anything....then they call me paranoid. Yes up here grown men will want to argue about this and get all huffy.

This is Seattle. I can't explain it unless you've been here, and I feel like I've been here 4 years too long, but its passive aggressive capital. I don't want to get into it with these people over a seat because I know if it gets back to uber, I'll lose.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Rakos likes this.
  13. Steelersnut

Steelersnut Member

I drive SRX Suv and always reach back and open back door as they walk up. Works 99% of time but I still get goofballs! AND I'll have front pass seat all the way UP! Had one kid with face practically smooshed in windshield for 5mins. Then realized he was autistic (like my son) and helped him. But mostly Type A personality men who think nobody will reach destination unless they're overseeing the ride.
    But, had a spunky woman jump in front last week and she was AWESOME. She worked for Lynyrd Skynyrd yrs ago as event planner and entertained me.

Rakos likes this.
  14. UberBeamer

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Fair enough. My apologies. My post probably did come off a little snooty. Austin pax aren’t much better.

15. Lissetti

Driving:
    UberX
    No it didnt at all. I've been to Austin, San Antonio, Irvine, Dallas, Dahlhart, El Paso, Corpus Christie, Lubbock, Amarillo, Houston, Larado, Odesa......Loved Texas (except Larado, hated it) very nice, laid back people there ( except Dallas.) Whole different dynamics there. Hard to understand the culture and heavy passive aggression in Seattle. Most Texans I meet up here are floored by the culture shock, and are very homesick. I myself can't wait til I finish school (computer science major) and get back to the East Coast.......or Texas:D

16. santhony109

santhony109 Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I prefer people to sit in front. It's more sociable and if she's hot so much the better. :)

17. Gilby

Gilby Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Single rider, I guess I am happy if they want to sit up front. Usually more likely to talk, which is OK with me. I have one regular rider, a young woman, who always sits in the back for a short ride to her workplace. Always a pleasant greeting, pleasant good-bye, but never any conversation. I respect that.

So, it doesn't really matter either way.

Rakos and Manuka like this.
  18. MrAbduz

MrAbduz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I barely have people sitting up front. 1 in 100 sits upfront, rest go to the back

19. SlimShady

SlimShady Member

Simple solution.
    Keep front seat locked while rear seats unlocked. After timer runs out, collect fee roll out and smile.

upyouruber likes this.
  20. YouEvenLyftBruh

YouEvenLyftBruh New Member

we shouldn't be building walls but tearing them down!

Rakos and Manuka like this.