• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

From Uber: See how you can have an impact -- Together, we can work to end human trafficking

Michael - Cleveland

anonymous accounts allow for this type of BS. Passengers should have their accounts tied to the dl# and or ssn.
I do not disagree... but, I have to ask:
How do you feel about government being able to track everything you do and everywhere you are or have been?
Post automatically merged:

nobody is trafficking in a rideshare car
get tf real if you believe that
I don't know about 'trafficked' people, but drivers here transport hookers to/from gigs all the time.

uberdriverfornow

I do not disagree... but, I have to ask:
How do you feel about government being able to track everything you do and everywhere you are or have been?
Post automatically merged:

I don't know about 'trafficked' people, but drivers here transport hookers to/from gigs all the time.
if someone is simply willingly getting in an uber and going somewhere they are obviously not being trafficked

doyousensehumor

Re:From Uber: See how you can have an impact -- Together, we can work to end human trafficking

The only way we could have an impact is to crash. In which case, deactivation, the end of human trafficing.

Michael - Cleveland

and what do those have to do with Uber and Lyft ?
You brought up Uber: "if someone is simply willingly getting in an uber and going somewhere they are obviously not being trafficked "
you act like I said there isn't any trafficking or pimping going on whatsoever anywhere in the world
Not what I implied at all... but I know for a fact that rideshare drivers transport women that are being rented, bought and sold. I'm NOT saying it's the drivers 'fault' or Uber or Lyft's fault. As what I think you meant to say, how in the world would we as drivers (or Uber/Lyft) have any idea who is getting in our car for what purpose?!

Darrell Green Fan

I agree with you. If we can do something, we should. Not as uber drivers, but as human beings.

BUT, Uber destroys the possibility of help when they enforce ratings on passengers.
What if I think my passenger is a victim of human trafficking? I go to the police or something... and I was wrong. She wasn’t being trafficked. For all that mess I get a 1*. My rating goes down. If that happens twice, my rating will be on the floor. In risk of getting deactivated.

I have a kid coming in a couple months, I can’t risk this job.
One or 2 one star ratings won't put you anywhere near de-activation. You gotta be really really bad at this job, pretty much don't give a @@@@ and go out with a filthy car and a nasty attitude, to get enough low ratings to be fired.

Michael - Cleveland

One or 2 one star ratings won't put you anywhere near de-activation. You gotta be really really bad at this job, pretty much don't give a @@@@ and go out with a filthy car and a nasty attitude, to get enough low ratings to be fired.
Unfortunately, that's just not true. All it takes is a couple of false accusations and you're done. It can be difficult if not impossible to get back online. And what's really miserable about it is that people know they can get free rides by lodging a complaint.

Darrell Green Fan

Unfortunately, that's just not true. All it takes is a couple of false accusations and you're done. It can be difficult if not impossible to get back online. And what's really miserable about it is that people know they can get free rides by lodging a complaint.
Yeah I'm aware of this issue, scares the crap out of me and the reason I have a dash cam. But everyone I have heard from who had this happen to them got re-instated, but it took a few days or a week or whatever.

Michael - Cleveland

Yeah I'm aware of this issue, scares the crap out of me and the reason I have a dash cam. But everyone I have heard from who had this happen to them got re-instated, but it took a few days or a week or whatever.
For some reason it happens to a lot of people here in the Cleveland market. And you're right, after the first time it happens drivers are usually reinstated very quickly. However when it happens two or more times, it's nearly impossible to get back on. The Rideshare companies have to err on the side of caution and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that their insurance carriers require them to permanently deactivate anyone with more than one or two complaints.

Last edited:

CT1

On a DF home I accidentally accepted a trip picking up a trashy ghetto girl who I strongly suspected was a hooker, from her home to a Super 8 motel, ride ordered from the John.

Should I have reported this?

uberdriverfornow

On a DF home I accidentally accepted a trip picking up a trashy ghetto girl who I strongly suspected was a hooker, from her home to a Super 8 motel, ride ordered from the John.

Should I have reported this?
Report that a woman you gave a ride to might have been a hooker ?

Michael - Cleveland

What is there to report? And to whom? ah... trafficking. I see what you are asking now. My bad, I didn't put it in context of the thread topic.

That's actually a good question!

Based on the context, with Uber telling us we can impact trafficking of people, should we be putting ourselves in a position of either asking a passenger if they are in danger and need help?
Should we be reporting the account to Uber as being possibly being used for trafficking?
And while I can't believe anyone would, should we be reporting suspicions like this to law enforcement?

Lets hear everyone's thoughts...

Last edited: