Inshur

From Surgeon to Serf (& he loves it.)

Emmbee

To be honest I do think most of what he says is true.
The key bit being he's clearing less than £1k a month.
If he enjoys it (and the IT being a chance to feel some self worth by working following a tough few years) then good luck to him.

UberLuxbod

Hero to zero.
How low can you go?

In whose eyes is he a "zero"?

A London Taxi driver?

At least he can give some of the cheapos brain surgery at uber rates.

Brain surgery?

Do you understand what "cardiothoracic" means?

He is hardly a serf.

He has been the victim on bullying NHS Managers and rather than sit at homw he is doing Minicabbing, probably more benefit is gained from actually working than sitting about.

Why Taxi drivers feel the need to attack this former Surgeon need to take a look at themselves.

He is more intelligent than anybody commenting on this forum by a huge margin.

renod babek

He is a modern day Serf!
Working for Uber is a form of Serfdom.
I. E they take no risk he pays them continuously , he does all the work. They don't even provide clothing. Crikey... it's even worse than medieval times. Intelligence comes in all forms. He has been taught, trained. Had £thousands invested in him ( no doubt at the taxpayers expense!) and now driving for Uber.
Don't make me laugh.:biggrin::smiles:

I know not what I do

A London Taxi driver?

Brain surgery?

He is hardly a serf.

He has been the victim on bullying NHS Managers and rather than sit at homw he is doing Minicabbing, probably more benefit is gained from actually working than sitting about.

Why Taxi drivers feel the need to attack this former Surgeon need to take a look at themselves.

You are right he seems to be a grafter and doing the best he can under tough circumstances.
Feel sorry for him.
However his talents are wasted and I'm sure he will find something better like most of us.

gary rayner

He is a modern day Serf!
Working for Uber is a form of Serfdom.
I. E they take no risk he pays them continuously , he does all the work. They don't even provide clothing. Crikey... it's even worse than medieval times. Intelligence comes in all forms. He has been taught, trained. Had £thousands invested in him ( no doubt at the taxpayers expense!) and now driving for Uber.
Don't make me laugh.:biggrin::smiles:

When has any private hire operator done that. Mate if you'd know how some of the big players in Private Hire treat their drivers, Uber is still one of the most sensible ones when it comes to being a self employed driver. Most other private hire operator take the piss out of drivers. Yes, you're right I completely agree the rates are very very low and you could class it slavery but for that to happen Uber needs to put a gun on your head to force them working for them which I don't think they do as of yet. It's everyone individual choice. Noone forced them to drive for Uber. But have you ever asked yourself if things are so good elsewhere why there are still so many drivers working for Uber. The reason being other private hire operators are not any better

renod babek

Uber's sole aim is to drive out the competition.
Don't give us all that, that Uber's better than the usual cockney office rubbish, no ones holding a gun to their head.
It's the individual driver(s) that have helped uber become the monster it is, so I have no sympathy for them. Let there be another 50,000 Uber drivers sold the dream. I don't care. They can all find out the hard way!

And end up in debt:biggrin:

Spy & Mash

A London Taxi driver?

Brain surgery?

He is hardly a serf.

It means someone who's a bit down on their luck.
In this case he has taken a considerable amount of steps backwards in his career.
Hope this clarifies your inquisitiveness.