From now on, Wrong address....I keep your food.

potato

I have this POS who literally never tips.... even leaves the annoying driver notes like "Please ask for extra sauce" blah blah blah.

I go see this guy atleast once a week. This week I see his name pop up but a different address about 10 minutes further than the normal one.
about 30 seconds from drop off, he messages. "Oh hey I put wrong address. Sorry... Shouldnt be a big deal, just turn around, see you soon.

No offer for cash tip. Not even the fake "i'll tip you in the app".

Called uber right away and said I cant deliver to the new address and ate his food. @@@@ing ingrates.

Rickos69

I have this POS who literally never tips.... even leaves the annoying driver notes like "Please ask for extra sauce" blah blah blah.

I go see this guy atleast once a week. This week I see his name pop up but a different address about 10 minutes further than the normal one.
about 30 seconds from drop off, he messages. "Oh hey I put wrong address. Sorry... Shouldnt be a big deal, just turn around, see you soon.

Called uber right away and said I cant deliver to the new address and ate his food. @@@@ing ingrates.
Aholes like that deserve it. Good for you!!!

YourFoodIsGettingCold

Well done.

ThanksUber

Good Job!!!!

BjRhodes

In regards to the delivery notes:
Whenever you see something like that, inform the customers that the delivery notes field is intended only for special instructions such as gate codes and where to find their apartment. They can't use it for stuff like "extra sauce" because we don't see that until after we've left the restaurant. Most will understand right away. The ones that don't aren't worth your time - give them a thumbs down with the note "Rude Customer". Trust me, customers can be barred from using the service just as drivers can be deactivated.

WLCoolB

I feel you! If it's food I like (only if I'm hungry) eat it up, if I don't like it I'm finding a homeless person to feed..

Justine?

I can’t figure out why some people order food from a hotel room and then expect us to bring it to the 3rd floor .. I’m standing there knocking on the room door over and over lookin like an idiot. I call the customer. Text the customer. NOTHING. Like , did u forget u ordered food and fell asleep?!

Don’t get me started on apartment complex deliveries. I’m talkin large complexes with at least 400 units. Earlier I show up to the apartment complex and there’s no gate code , nothing. So I go to the office and ask the gate code. I finally get in the gate. Searching circling around looking for apartment #. It’s already hard to read the signs on the buildings as it is ... I text customer , “ hello, what building number is your apartment located?” She replies 5 minutes later .. “ not exactly sure, but it’s by a Dodge Ram truck”.. ummm, so u want me to drive around searching until I find a specific truck to bring your food now that I’ve been at the complex for 10 minutes AND I have other orders in my que !? NOT GONNA HAPPEN. IM NOT PLAYING HIDE & GO SEEK ANYMORE. I often go out my way for my customers on eats , but not anymore. I average $5-11$ an hour in my market ( BEFORE GAS , depreciation, etc) . Guess what, we’ll im not EXACTLY SURE HOW YOURE GETTING YOUR FOOD THEN. No consideration for my time. Like how do u NOT KNOWWWw what building you’re located in?!! I called support and was told to wait 5 more minutes and then I canceled the order. Sorry but not for $5!! And I don’t ever expect tips but I KNOW I WASNT GONNA GET ONE REGARDLESS . The apartment complex orders really aggravate me cuz it’s never just a smooth in and out drop off.

It’s like half these customers think you’re like a personal assistant and that you’re whole hour is catered to them. Unbelievable. Can’t wait to land a job here soon.
I’m just doing Uber eats because I’m in between jobs and life happens.

Anyone have similar experience ?

I’m in the Phoenix market btw.

yorker

Sometimes I get a repeat customer. Strange cause in a cith of 3 million people and possibly hundreds of drivers.
Anyway, one day I had a customer change address, i forgot what the issue was but i kept his food. Next day I reconize the name and original address. I asked if he used UE the day before, he said yes. I then knew he was the one I ate his food. I thought he would reconize my name and be mad. He must not have as he was friendly and left a tip.
Not long ago, I got to address in Downtown Houston for drop off. I called and told them the doors were locked.

She said OH, sorry I am somewhere else close to where you picked up food. I ASKED FOR THE ADDRESS, BUT TOLD HER SHE HAD TO CALL UBER TO CHANGE IT. i HIT THE COULD NOT FIND CUSTOMER AND CANCELLED TRIP. I then thought, It is a lot of food, my last trip and I was hungry. I also did not want to ruin someones Friday night dinner. I assumed the man may yell at his wife for being stupid. I go the the townhomes. there was about 5 homes with same address except they wer like unit a b c d etc. I rang one bell and they said not them. I started to leave when the lady at the other house" customer" opened door and asked if I was Uber. I told them I could have kept the food but wanted to get it to them. They gave me 10.00 = 2.00 TIP ON APP. Really though with the extra miles and time it was not all that much extra. That was the last trip I did almost 4 weeks ago as my serpitine belt is messed up on my car now and I have yet to fix it.

Justine?

Sometimes I get a repeat customer. Strange cause in a cith of 3 million people and possibly hundreds of drivers.
Anyway, one day I had a customer change address, i forgot what the issue was but i kept his food. Next day I reconize the name and original address. I asked if he used UE the day before, he said yes. I then knew he was the one I ate his food. I thought he would reconize my name and be mad. He must not have as he was friendly and left a tip.
Not long ago, I got to address in Downtown Houston for drop off. I called and told them the doors were locked.

She said OH, sorry I am somewhere else close to where you picked up food. I ASKED FOR THE ADDRESS, BUT TOLD HER SHE HAD TO CALL UBER TO CHANGE IT. i HIT THE COULD NOT FIND CUSTOMER AND CANCELLED TRIP. I then thought, It is a lot of food, my last trip and I was hungry. I also did not want to ruin someones Friday night dinner. I assumed the man may yell at his wife for being stupid. I go the the townhomes. there was about 5 homes with same address except they wer like unit a b c d etc. I rang one bell and they said not them. I started to leave when the lady at the other house" customer" opened door and asked if I was Uber. I told them I could have kept the food but wanted to get it to them. They gave me 10.00 = 2.00 TIP ON APP. Really though with the extra miles and time it was not all that much extra. That was the last trip I did almost 4 weeks ago as my serpitine belt is messed up on my car now and I have yet to fix it.
That’s nice of you. .

Woohaa

giphy-11.gif

chameleon168

I'm in Phoenix too. Don't deliver to hotel rooms - tell them to meet you out front at main entrance and that hotel personnel won't allow us roaming the hotel for security reasons.

Apartments: when you get an address that you know is a major thoroughfare, quick Google the address before starting to drive to see what type of dwelling it is (will either be apartments or a business) if no unit number in customer notes, send them a quick message asking for unit & building numbers, gate code & directions to their unit from the main entrance. When you get close to the address, get the timer started in case they haven't/don't respond to your message. When timer is up, cancel, leave and don't worry about it.

Never call the customer or answer their calls. Let them message you so you have proof of conversation.

If customer messages you an address change, don't do it unless it's under one mile from address in app AND they agree to a CASH tip upon arrival.

DO NOT FILL DRINKS AT ANY RESTAURANT, EVER. Even if they bully you. Even if they refuse to do it. Even if they claim "every other driver does it." Even if they claim "Uber told us NOT to fill drinks!" (yes, I got that excuse once at a Panda!)

Have fun and hope you find another job fast ?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, the above was meant for Justine, it didn't include her comment in the quote...

dlearl476

RE: drinks. I tell them I can’t do it legally because I don’t have a food handler’s permit. I’ve never had anyone ask twice.

I can’t figure out why some people order food from a hotel room and then expect us to bring it to the 3rd floor .. I’m standing there knocking on the room door over and over lookin like an idiot. I call the customer. Text the customer. NOTHING. Like , did u forget u ordered food and fell asleep?!

Don’t get me started on apartment complex deliveries. I’m talkin large complexes with at least 400 units. Earlier I show up to the apartment complex and there’s no gate code , nothing. So I go to the office and ask the gate code. I finally get in the gate. Searching circling around looking for apartment #. It’s already hard to read the signs on the buildings as it is ... I text customer , “ hello, what building number is your apartment located?” She replies 5 minutes later .. “ not exactly sure, but it’s by a Dodge Ram truck”.. ummm, so u want me to drive around searching until I find a specific truck to bring your food now that I’ve been at the complex for 10 minutes AND I have other orders in my que !? NOT GONNA HAPPEN. IM NOT PLAYING HIDE & GO SEEK ANYMORE. I often go out my way for my customers on eats , but not anymore. I average $5-11$ an hour in my market ( BEFORE GAS , depreciation, etc) . Guess what, we’ll im not EXACTLY SURE HOW YOURE GETTING YOUR FOOD THEN. No consideration for my time. Like how do u NOT KNOWWWw what building you’re located in?!! I called support and was told to wait 5 more minutes and then I canceled the order. Sorry but not for $5!! And I don’t ever expect tips but I KNOW I WASNT GONNA GET ONE REGARDLESS . The apartment complex orders really aggravate me cuz it’s never just a smooth in and out drop off.

It’s like half these customers think you’re like a personal assistant and that you’re whole hour is catered to them. Unbelievable. Can’t wait to land a job here soon.

I once had an order. Big PF Chaings or something. Upscale neighborhood. All new houses. GPS info sucked. I went to the drop pin, street name and numbers aren’t even close.

I call the customer and she asks “Where are You?” I tell her the cross streets. I can hear her eyes glazing over. She says “We just moved in and I’m not exactly sure how to give you directions.” And then she says, and god is my witness “Go to my mom’s house and take a right. We’re at the end of the block.” At which point my eyes roll back in my head just as she adds, “I’ll text you her address.”

I enter that into google maps and find her house, after 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Hot Suomi

I have one client, he makes order from McDuck at about 1AM.

The order list mentions Ketchup x4.

4 ketchups is lol.

leaves the annoying driver notes like "Please ask for extra sauce" blah blah blah.

Once I tapped start delivery button.

Delivery notice told me to put Spiderman in Happy Meal.

I did not and got thumb down with feedback 'Ignored delivery note'.

OLDSCHOOLPARAD

Regarding drinks, I feel that if Uber wanted us to fill drinks, they would tell us what size and type. This, however never happens. So, my view is a little different. If you’re in a slow market, I’d do it, otherwise you’re losing out on ?. But in busy markets, I’d just make a comment like ? order not ready and move on. I’ve only had to fill drinks like 2 times in the last 5 months.

DiceyDan

Yes! I can relate to this perfectly! I stopped trying when the surges went away. Apartment complexes can completely change my mood. Especially the ones that aren't consecutive or have any organization to it. It seems like almost every night there is one problematic order, not sure why they make something so easy, hard. I absolutely hate special requests on the driver notes. I like UE because I still do really well for tips, but have to smh sometimes...

dlearl476

Hope she tipped you.
$10

But in hindsight, I was a little harsh. Her development was too new to be in the data base. I found her by entering her street address in Google Maps. When she drop-pinned it, it was in a vacant field and the AI routed me to the closest outpost of civilization.

Last edited: