1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Frigg'in Guarantees

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Bukrub, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Bukrub

Bukrub

Driving:
    UberX
    This weekends guarantees dropped 4 bucks an hour and require more runs at all times. Jack Ass's

Richard Cranium likes this.
  2. Do I sense some bitterness? :)

3. Bukrub

Bukrub

Driving:
    UberX
    Dude, if Lyft came to town today, I can almost guarantee 4000 drivers would jump ship. A little call to the news station and a little advertising, everyone would know they was here and want to check it out.

Richard Cranium likes this.
  4. I got the text to sign up for the weekend guarantees, but haven't looked at it yet.

Looking now...

5. Would we have to put that silly pink mustache on the front?

Texstar12, Richard Cranium and Bukrub like this.
  6. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Not required. Some sort of trade dress in the window just like uber. No biggie. And we'd already be legal so long as they got themselves set up with the city. So it wouldn't cost us anything.

But would rates drop more because of the competition? There's the question.

Texstar12 likes this.
  7. I noticed the Sunday afternoon guarantee window requires at least one pick up from NRG.

8. I don't know much about Lyft, but don't they have a mechanism for allowing some freedom in rates?

I suspect Lyft is letting Uber do the heavy lifting in Houston getting things all set up and will come back at some point. Not a bad business strategy.

mizzrock and Texstar12 like this.
  9. Ok, so no one got the pun.

10. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    They have done that in the past. Let me know if you have any more luck than I've had getting a CSR to tell you what constitutes "NRG area".

11. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Screenshot_2015-09-11-07-07-57.png They took away Friday morning guarantees a few weeks ago and now it's pouring and surging all over the place. I'm not going out in this and it looks like no one else is either. Or they just slept in since no guarantee.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    mizzrock likes this.
  12. mausibaer

mausibaer

Driving:
    UberX
    I think you're right about nobody driving. I had the app on during my commute to work (Katy to Memorial City) from 6:45-7:45 and the surge areas stayed high the whole way. Even Cypress/North Katy got up to 2.3x. I was getting requests for 18 minutes over and over from different pax. I was tempted to take PTO from my day job but traffic was so bad that it seemed like it would be more trouble that it would be worth.

mizzrock likes this.
  13. Trebor

Trebor

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Living off Braeswood, you do not want to drive in that area, even at 3.4x. I slept in.

mizzrock likes this.
  14. There isn't an afternoon rush hour guarantee either. That's usually when I try to drive. I might just take the day off, and since the grandkids visit on Saturday, try for the Sunday game day guarantees. Yeah, sounds like a plan.

Trebor likes this.
  15. Trebor

Trebor

Driving:
    UberSUV
    That sounds like a mighty good plan. Just be advised, drivers will be out in full force around NRG Sunday. Try and hang out around the sports bars. Especially places like Twin Peaks, if there is one close by you.

16. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    If it had surged in Sugar Land (it may have at some point but I don't think it did) I probably would have gone online and hoped for a run into town or IAH. But I wasn't going to go into town otherwise.

17. I ended up driving into the city and picked up two quick trips, then had a family emergency and had to go home. Made around $11.00

18. radioboy

radioboy

Driving:
    UberX
    **** that. I will drive to NRG but I will be damned if I'm picking up there.

19. hqen2000

hqen2000

Driving:
    UberX
    Why not? (serious question I'm new)

20. radioboy

radioboy

Driving:
    UberX
    You have to pick up only in the new brown lot. You can't enter the gates until you have a request. You can't drive to the gate your passengers are at. You can't wait around since there is no place to wait.

It's the only stadium in town that is a pain in the ass to pick up at.