• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Friday Night 29th

Well what a let down so many drivers so few riders..youve got to take everything and still it's hard to beat that $1 a mile total. Be nice to have a night that is cherry pickable. Let's hope the 30th is better

zooracer

I see this board has not a lot of activity... but I've been driving in Asheville for about a year

It is crazy how slow it is ...

The number of drivers on the road is insane

I think I made 11 dollars Friday night after 2.5 hours and gave up

After gas expenditure I think I made 2 dollars an hour

Thankfully I use the downtime to study for tests so it isn't as big a deal sitting for so long

mrpjfresh

The driver saturation is very real these days. A good indication is to look at the airport queue; it never used to go above 5 or 6 whereas now you can see double digits on just one platform some nights.

It is a funny juxtaposition with how saturated the market is but how dead this board is. January and February is just the slowest time here. Always has been. It's not busy enough with tourists to justify all the drivers online. Also, Asheville isn't big enough to support so many drivers with local riders alone especially at the rates we get paid. I think people are still driving in on the weekend from 60-90 minutes away mistakenly thinking it is still summer & fall and rides are aplenty.

Some of the ants will just outright quit or go into hibernation until spring. The exact same thing happened last year. I drove this weekend and got 1 surge ride... lol. The pendulum will swing back in a month or two. Keep an eye out for shows and big events in the meantime. You are being smart and using downtime to study and plan for your future; I read and practice my music when it is slow. And if things are ridiculously slow, just call it a night and go have fun doing something else. I am glad I don't need to do this gig. It would be pretty rough here.

zooracer

The driver saturation is very real these days. A good indication is to look at the airport queue; it never used to go above 5 or 6 whereas now you can see double digits on just one platform some nights.

It is a funny juxtaposition with how saturated the market is but how dead this board is. January and February is just the slowest time here. Always has been. It's not busy enough with tourists to justify all the drivers online. Also, Asheville isn't big enough to support so many drivers with local riders alone especially at the rates we get paid. I think people are still driving in on the weekend from 60-90 minutes away mistakenly thinking it is still summer & fall and rides are aplenty.

Some of the ants will just outright quit or go into hibernation until spring. The exact same thing happened last year. I drove this weekend and got 1 surge ride... lol. The pendulum will swing back in a month or two. Keep an eye out for shows and big events in the meantime. You are being smart and using downtime to study and plan for your future; I read and practice my music when it is slow. And if things are ridiculously slow, just call it a night and go have fun doing something else. I am glad I don't need to do this gig. It would be pretty rough here.

Oh for sure, if I depended on this gig I would be screwed...
I think many drivers don't take into account how much gas they use and mileage/depreciation on their vehicles...
If they did most would not be driving with absolutely no surge rides. :wink:

and I drive a prius

Have seen new BMW M3's, Subaru STI's, etc...man I cant imagine what new tires are for those

I have seen Uber drivers with south Carolina plates...Its crazy how people would drive from so far for so little money. I'm betting they are actually losing money , lol

Anyways, definitely as a very part time gig, it is still ok.
Few nights a week for a few hours.
I don't bother with Friday or Saturday nights anymore...find I make more during the week right now.

Rant over, lol

As you said, I'm sure it will pick up in a couple of months.
And the slow times give me more study time...so look at bright side :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kick poor Ant in guts Melbourne 13
GTADriver Toronto 13
Alidean Washington DC 5