Friday morning vs Friday night

Pizzaguy128

What do you guys think with tomorrow being good Friday lots of people are off do you think tomorrow morning will be better or tomorrow night can only drive one of the two

Schmanthony

I was planning on driving the morning rush tomorrow for Good Friday, but now I've unearthed some historical data that suggests it might be dead... maybe even slow all weekend. I'm curious to know what others think/expect. Maybe I'll wake up at 4 AM an check this thread.

EngineerAtHeart

Saturday is busy around 3-10 as the hipsters make their way out to the burbs for family time Sunday. Nearly everything last year was 45+ min.

Bman1974

Friday from 1pm-7pm is probably the corridor to make money. Traffic is too harsh in the morning. Also everybody rushing to get out town or going home at that time.

Schmanthony

Traffic too harsh in the morning? Not at all... in fact the highways in to the city look pretty clear right now, which of course is a big sign that people aren't going to work.

I decided to skip morning rush. I just woke up, around 6:45 AM. I checked the app and saw a little bit of surge on the near north side peaking at $4.50. But by 6:55 AM it was gone. This cycle will probably repeat just before 8 and just before 9. But all and all seems like a fairly slow Friday. If I'd gone out, I wouldn't have been sorely disappointed (the light traffic would be nice and the pre-hour surge, what little there is, indicates some demand). But I'm also not upset that I stayed home either.
Post automatically merged:

7:45 AM... the pre-hour surge begins. A tiny little $2.25 cloud in Rogers Park. Looks like the 8 o'clock surge might be even weaker than the 7 o'clock surge.

7:55 AM... yup, the 8 o'clock surge amounted to basically nothing. Glad I stayed home now. Let's see if 9 o'clock brings anything for the sad ants out there in the city.

Last edited:

SurginGeneral

Seems like a dead Friday. I’m hoping the afternoon is where it’s at. Lower traffic but “higher” (relatively) demand with people who have to work getting out of work early & starting the bar scene early.

Schmanthony

8:40 AM... now there's some surge on the north side that will probably stick around for 15 minutes. Pretty far north though. $5.75 by the lake at Foster, and $2.75 in Rogers Park.

8:45 AM surge reduced to $4 but has drifted south into the Lake View area.

8:50 AM. Lake View surge is GONE. Desperate nearby ants fought tooth and nail to get to it and gobbled it up. $3 surge has appeared in the near northwest side, south of I-90.

8:55 AM: $2.75 west side of Lake View. $3 near northwest side.

9:00 AM: All surge gone, save for a few lingering west side pittances.

Bottom line this morning: if you stayed out of it you probably didn't miss much.

Last edited:

JettAround

8:40 AM... now there's some surge on the north side that will probably stick around for 15 minutes. Pretty far north though. $5.75 by the lake at Foster, and $2.75 in Rogers Park.

8:45 AM surge reduced to $4 but has drifted south into the Lake View area.

8:50 AM. Lake View surge is GONE. Desperate nearby ants fought tooth and nail to get to it and gobbled it up. $3 surge has appeared in the near northwest side, south of I-90.

8:55 AM: $2.75 west side of Lake View. $3 near northwest side.

9:00 AM: All surge gone, save for a few lingering west side pittances.

Bottom line this morning: if you stayed out of it you probably didn't miss much.
For those that opted out of the morning you didn’t miss much.
4:30-9:30 9 rides @ $90 the good thing is the streets were clear, very little to no traffic.

Schmanthony

Do my eyes deceive me or is the Friday afternoon surge already springing up around the outskirts of the city?

DrinkSoda

Also a cubs game today at 1:20. If it doesn’t surge in the Loop and areas west/northwest of it I’d say all hope is lost until Sunday. Plus the early quit folks between noon-3pm.

Also a cubs game today at 1:20. If it doesn’t surge in the Loop and areas west/northwest of it I’d say all hope is lost until Sunday. Plus the early quit folks between noon-3pm.
And there it is...

ED979180-583A-4128-8E4A-A2B1AB02688C.jpeg

Last edited:

Schmanthony

I drove from 10:30 AM until 5:30 PM. 17 trips. 103 miles. Made $162. I accepted a few rides that I would have declined had I not been concerned at all about my acceptance rate.

It seems like that Cubs game didn't generate much surge. At least not when I was looking.

New guy65

It seems like that Cubs game didn't generate much surge. At least not when I was looking.
Expecting anything big as a post cubs surge may well be a bust this weekend. This morning there were 4000 to 5000 tickets available on stub hub for today’s game. Right now there are 3843 for tomorrow and 4754 available for Sunday